Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Question Money Making System

We have several options here to make money but none through PKing. We can sell gang points but that's it, that's not really a money making system though and there is not always raids so you can't always make money that way.

I'd like to see something where we can get our gun out and go make a bit of money instead of having to go dig or mine for days. It would be more entertaining and something different to do.

I am not sure how we could do this but open to suggestions and hopefully somebody can make it happen?

Just ideas like raiding and robbing a bank and killing the baddies and getting some cash. Things like this etc?

If you think this could work drop some ideas below.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
They already have BHer, the shooting range and quests are revolved around PKing the baddies for drops and chances of super drops, just seems like a waste of time and would eventually get exploited some-how.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:08 AM
What you mean they have Bher? Can you make money from the shooting range? Quest you can only win coins. What do you mean killing the baddies for drops? I haven't seen anything drop from killing a baddie. Maybe i'm wrong though?

I just see this a way of making money for all the pkers out there and it could be an opportunity for noobs to get their pk on and help them improve if they cannot get into a gang or get anywhere in a raid and hey they make money along the way!
Old 02-03-2014, 11:23 AM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
I have been saying this for a long time, it should be just as efficient to make money pking, or have a separate currency that you earn by pking that could also be used to purchase guns and such. Tokens perhaps? Just gate them properly so people can't just make a trial account and kill it over and over again. Like say you can only earn so many tokens per day for regular kills, so many for gang kills, and then have bonus opportunities that randomly change and last for an hour. Like say kill 5 separate players without dying, finish a player off with a melee attack, Kill 2 players without taking damage, kill a player damaging him with 3 different weapons. Idk **** like that. would be cool.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:51 PM
We could use the bank (Since it's only used for people to grab ATM cards and has 2/3 lockers in it).

What about a quest type system but instead of getting coins at the end we get a money bonus. What about a level system the more you do it, the more you level up and the bigger the money bonus at the end.

This way it can not be exploited.

It will obviously be a bank robbery themed type quest.

(This is just an example): You attempt to rob the bank by killing the baddies, if you fail 1k will be taken from your account, if you win you gain 2k and get xp to level up. This way it's not always pumping out money, you need to finish and complete quest to get your bonus and xp or lose out. This makes it competitive and entertaining. (Just an idea).

Another idea:

Hitman: What about hitman missions? Pretty much like car missions but instead you're a hitman and you go around and take out certain baddies for a $ bonus. Or you could make it that the baddie location is unknown and you have to go find clues before it confirms the location of the baddie and then you go take it out for the $ bonus/xp. This could be extremely fun. I can see people asking what about if 2 or more wanted to do this mission, how would it work?. Well, we could make it a queue to get a hitman mission if lots of people want to do it. Or just make it that the clues/baddies pop up for that certain person and nobody else can see it? I dunno mang, just an idea. I really like this one though.

Like i said, these are just ideas.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:45 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Revamp the bounty system to work on npcs around the gmap and make it worthwhile. Easy peasy.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
We have several options here to make money but none through PKing. We can sell gang points but that's it, that's not really a money making system though and there is not always raids so you can't always make money that way.

I'd like to see something where we can get our gun out and go make a bit of money instead of having to go dig or mine for days. It would be more entertaining and something different to do.

I am not sure how we could do this but open to suggestions and hopefully somebody can make it happen?

Just ideas like raiding and robbing a bank and killing the baddies and getting some cash. Things like this etc?

If you think this could work drop some ideas below.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you started by asking for a means of earning money by PKing and then go on to suggest adding a PvE system of making money where you kill NPCs. That's basically the opposite of PKing.

And the thing you said about how you can only earn money from PKing when other people are PKing... that's a given.

Also, here is a suggestion, just so I can say I contributed XD

What if there was a system that kept track of your kills per hour, and you got a bonus from kills based on that?
Like when you kill someone, you would get your normal random amount of drop money, and an extra % on top.

(note the conspicuous lack of integration with the killstreak system, since we all know that encourages running.)

For example if you are getting 40 kills per hour, you would get 140% drop money.

And it would probably have to reset your Kills/hr every so often (like every day, or maybe after 3 hours of not killing anyone) for those times when you're inactive and don't kill anyone for 3 days.
Cause it would be kind of hard to come back from 2 kills in 176 hours.

Orrr maybe instead of working off of kills per hour, it could work off of the amount of kills you got within the last hour.
Say, for instance, everyone has a multiplier that's always visible on their HUD, that stacks up 5% for each kill you got in the last 60 minutes, up to a maximum of, say, 300%.
If you got 35 kills in the last hour, you'd have a multiplier of 175%. Say some time passes without you killing anyone, and now you've only got 15 kills in the last our. Your multiplier would be down to 75%.
I think that would be a pretty cool system. As long as you're constantly killing people, regardless of if you die, you're making a fair amount of money.

Also, I had an idea along the lines of what you were talking about (a PvE, NPC-killing way to earn money) when I was Creative Director (lol) when Tim was Manager.
I'll post it if I can find where I wrote it down.

Last edited by Fiberwyre_P2P; 02-03-2014 at 05:12 PM..
Old 02-03-2014, 06:36 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
- PvE (Quests)
- Gangs
- Bounty Hunting

You can redeem the Mystery Coins you get from quests, you might get a valuable item you can sell to players or if it's a gun you have the option to pawn it. Quests are the PvE aspect of Era with an indirect monetary reward (player gets to chose to sell the item or keep it).

You have the option to sell your gang points, some redeem a lot of gang points and actually do get a lot of $ from that system. This requires the players initiative to be active and pk/raid.

Bounty Hunting (new system): Fiber can explain better then I can about this but it seems like people are making a fair amount of money of this too.

--
I'm curious to know what people think of the end-of-halloween event? The one at unstick where waves of baddies attack you and it keeps track of how long you stay alive. This could also be an idea that can be tied into money making (longer you survive the better reward)
Old 02-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
I'm curious to know what people think of the end-of-halloween event? The one at unstick where waves of baddies attack you and it keeps track of how long you stay alive. This could also be an idea that can be tied into money making (longer you survive the better reward)
I really liked that event, I just really wish the baddies had better hit detection.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:25 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Baddies are a known issue that would need to be resolved sometime. But under the current feature set of graal, I'm not sure how to do it efficiently without it lagging the server.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
a lot of people come on era and ask how to make fast cash. key word being fast. people want to be able to buy those tier 1 weapons or whatever in one day or something like that. you gotta be real though, you can't expect to buy the best stuff on era in a day. it will take hours of work to get stuff like that. this is how it pretty much is for every online game though. if you put in the work, you will get rewarded.

basically, i am saying that the money systems that we have now is alright. you can get a lot of money weekly from gang points and money from the mystery coin boxes. some people make a lot of money from that weekly. then there is shoveling, trash picking, and mining. a lot of different options. i haven't even tried the taxi missions yet, but that is another new option.

you just need to put in the time. people that have put in the time to work have been rewarded.

if they do add the whole killing npcs for money, then of course it would have to be balanced.

what do you guys think is the average amount of money players make on era weekly? 50k? 100k?
Old 02-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
"You have received $548,393 from killing players!"
I barely pk.

Last I bothered to check I had the second most gang kills recorded in the SQL (slightly behind Corey, and like 3k above William). It was at 18k or so (maybe 6 months ago). Do the math again, and consider a percentage as double-point kills.
1m+

Event Wins: 989
That's somewhere in the 1-2m range considering ares price, and a good percentage of those are 2 or 5ec rewards. I only participate in PK events. This also ignores all the daily-player and weekly-gang rewards... which I get often.

I've gotten 49 MVPs in my time. Granted I can't sell my aa12, and 12 of those were wasted on a SS for a quick 350k... this could be considered 2.5 SD's... which is nearly 2m.

I farmed the quests for some months when they were easy-mode. Made a few hundred-grand from pawning some items; though I dropped probably half of the stuff in Ashley's house. Maybe a 500k total (ended up buying a TG from these profits).

I'm hardly active, or as Koho would say; hardly good. I don't see what else you'd like from free pk-money. And let's be real here... you'll just bet-flip all the money you get anyway.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:46 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I heard fishing makes pretty good money.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:53 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Ice is in the way, and fishing never worked for me.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Sarcasam I hope. When you first added it it took like an hour to make 500$ from that thing. Unless it's been changed since then.