Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 02:20 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Explosive armor add @ PT pls. Fire too. Makes sense.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:36 AM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
why don't we make amsel manager already he's ****ing brilliant
Old 01-24-2014, 02:51 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
You could just keep a count of how many active explosives a player currently has. Each thing could get a different value too. Like maybe you can have a total explosive power of "10" active at one time, and each p4 takes up "4" of that, but each tripmine only takes up "2." Once you've placed over your "10" (ie two p4s and a tripmine), each subsequent bomb-lay will cause your oldest active bomb to explode.

We could even make another level system type thing with this. After you get x number of kills with explosives, you can have 1 more active bomb.

Poeple would still be able to place proximities on top of P4s, but they'd either have to team up to get all the entrances or they would have to guess which entrance you'll use.
This is also a good idea
Old 01-24-2014, 04:31 AM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Someone fix this -_-.

There should not be any item or set of items that takes away nearly all a player's life instantaneously and can be used endlessly without severe repurcussions. Someone either create an extensive hit recovery so that P4 and Proximity mines cannot both hurt you simultaneously, or severely nerf them both.

It's annoying when newbs lay these at every door because they can't pk.

Yeah, that's all.

#WilSoulOut
stop whining dude. get over it, half the time the bombs dont even do damage because of lag.
prox mines do 60 dmg and p4s do 100 so yes all your hp will be gone. deal with it
#ikkiout
Old 01-24-2014, 05:28 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
*cough* p4s often times do very little damage.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:58 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Bombs were very rarely used in the past but now they are used a little more it's all of a sudden a problem? I do agree they can be a pain in the ass but that's all it is. There is lots of entrances, i doubt everyone will be blocked of by bombs. I say just leave it how it is and create something that can soak up some bomb damage.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:58 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
All I'm saying is it is a pain to unavoidably run into a base with 20-30 hp, that's not skill nor contributing to game play in any way shape, or form. As such, make it better or get rid of it. I'm all for Rogue's idea, alongside a damage nerf. No items should do your opponent that much damage without you facing a high-risk of taking damage yourself. Only item that does dmg like that is the Nuke, and that can be seen and countered and you can also be made a victim of it.

Unless it's a suicide bomb, these p4s need a damage nerf to about 40, and proxi mines to about 20. No clue why they do much more than that -_-. It can't be because they're explosives, because that is covered by the fact that they deal this damage to multiple people within a given radius. So yeah, someone do some fixin'. Or take em out of raids.

#WilSoulOut
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 01-25-2014, 04:54 AM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
No it's definitely about skill. Sorry Wil get good
Old 01-25-2014, 05:15 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
Suicide bomb rarely works anyway.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:21 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Suicide bomb rarely works anyway.
Out of 2 times,

Works:

Doesn't work as well

rofl
Old 01-26-2014, 02:51 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
on topic tho, p4s and trip mines, like other OP guns on era, have been around for a very long time on era. i think satchel charges and p4s were the earliest of the earliest of explosives on era (?). i don't really have a problem with them. it is just one of the options that players have to kill people.

have one person enter in and take the death and then the rest of your gang members come in, take a different route, etc... these are the options that have been taken to counter the explosives. been going on for a long time on era now.

but if it is really becoming too much of a problem (i haven't raided in weeks), then one way that always works is to increase the price of these items. people will rarely use them because they will want to save money. only in special instances will they be used. i have used explosives myself, but i don't buy a lot because i think they are already too expensive right now (for me at least).
Old 01-26-2014, 03:19 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
on topic tho, p4s and trip mines, like other OP guns on era, have been around for a very long time on era. i think satchel charges and p4s were the earliest of the earliest of explosives on era (?). i don't really have a problem with them. it is just one of the options that players have to kill people.

have one person enter in and take the death and then the rest of your gang members come in, take a different route, etc... these are the options that have been taken to counter the explosives. been going on for a long time on era now.

but if it is really becoming too much of a problem (i haven't raided in weeks), then one way that always works is to increase the price of these items. people will rarely use them because they will want to save money. only in special instances will they be used. i have used explosives myself, but i don't buy a lot because i think they are already too expensive right now (for me at least).
Shrimps would rage.
But on a more serious note, we should get rid of player-owned businesses so changes can be made to businesses without anyone's personal finances being affected.

Can't nerf food because business owners would rage.
Can't make explosives more expensive, because business owners would rage.
Can't give out free items on login because business owners would rage.
etc.

Last edited by Darlene159; 01-26-2014 at 02:27 PM..
Old 01-26-2014, 03:20 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
increase the price of these items. people will rarely use them because they will want to save money. only in special instances will they be used. i have used explosives myself, but i don't buy a lot because i think they are already too expensive right now (for me at least).
Poor boy, haven't you heard? Money has virtually no value, as it is theoretically an infinite variable.

If anything, explosives have more value than money since they can be restricted by how many are stocked by the business.

Beyond this, you make a profit off a p4+proxy kill, even without the Vortex base buff. Add the point you receive and a vortex buff, and you can throw down 4 kill-bombs per kill and still break even.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:26 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
Food businesses got nefed, people raged. Make explosives more expensive, I'm fine with it. Thanks.
I mean... No... Please don't make people pay more....that would suck?...
Old 01-26-2014, 03:29 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Food businesses got nefed, people raged. Make explosives more expensive, I'm fine with it. Thanks.
I mean... No... Please don't make people pay more....that would suck?...
I don't think you caught the intent behind making explosives more expensive. It's so people would buy less of them.