Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-03-2012, 09:21 PM
roboman43 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation The Item Shoppe

Okay, so we all know GK is slowly dying down, with the lack of updates, meaning less players. Because of this, there are two kinds of people: High-end players that have one-of-a-kind items, and unfortunate players like myself that have more common items. Those with the high-end items do not trade much because unless it is with each other (because no one wants to trade a one-of-a-kind for a RoS!) and those who are unfortunate can not afford the better items.

So i came up with this after the recent addition of the Trade Deputy:

Why not make a shop that you can sell items to for EC/dias based on what the trade deputies put in? The value would be lower than street value of course, in order to encourage trading with other players first

For example, lets say your having a hard time selling your Demon Stone for 35 EC, well if you need some quick EC you could sell it to the shop for 25-30 EC.

This would stimulate the economy, because all of those items that people won't buy can still be sold for EC/dias, and the unfortunate players could eventually save up for some decent items.

This store would not accept junk (like skull swords and such) only decent items like xmas flame swords, golden edge, ice dagger, PMoP, DS,etc. Also, it would have tables were you could BUY rare/one of a kind items AS LONG AS THEY WERE SOLD TO THE STORE. For instance, lets say someone decides to quit, and he sold his dual RoWs and Gale to the store, well one gale armor and two rows would appear on the table for HIGHER than street price, that way it would again, encourage players to trade with others.

Please ,share your thoughts, suggestions, and comments below this is something we need greatly!
Old 03-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Butcher of the Kingdoms
garglius1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to garglius1
Would need some serious work for it to function, as I dont think the NPCs recognize if something is enchanted +12 or not, or if it's blessed, which affect the value. Also, people may have stockpiles of something that isn't know (eg owning 15+ xmas flame swords) which would just spam the store with these items that would be considered junk if too many wound up there. Stockpilers like these control the value of certain items.

5813... WHAT!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:19 PM
True, but the +ed items would be entered in as seperate items with higher value. and perhaps maybe a script could be written that detects how much of an item are on the server (IE when i log in, the NPC server counts how many of each item i have and enters into the database, which affects the price slightly)
Old 03-04-2012, 12:16 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
but why would you want to take out items from the economy?

dumb
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:34 AM
its for items that won't sell, like xmas flame swords. And like i said, the prices would be lower than street value, which would encourage players to only use this shop as a last resort.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:37 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
it would have to be significantly less than what the trade deputy says

half the time i sell my stuff for nothing because nobody wants it anyway. What if I sold 400 Xmas flames for 100 EC, that's a lot of coin added to the economy just off that transaction.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Why would you sell an uber item to a shop for less than 'street value' just so you can watch another player buy it out of the shop a few minutes later for more than what you just sold it for? I personally would not put anything rare up for sale just so I can see potential profit flying straight out of the window.

It's a neat idea, but flawed on so many levels.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Butcher of the Kingdoms
garglius1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to garglius1
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboman43 View Post
its for items that won't sell, like xmas flame swords. And like i said, the prices would be lower than street value, which would encourage players to only use this shop as a last resort.
There's never a need for last resorts, you just have to be patient and get your break that will make you move up to the 'epic tier' you might win an event with a rare prize, land a lucky RoW in a shop, or someone desperate might be overpaying for something. There is also gold key quests, that once you figure out the pattern can generate pretty regular income so you can buy stuff. We've all been in the 'poor zone' at some time, tough it out and you'll get there eventually.

5813... WHAT!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by garglius1 View Post
We've all been in the 'poor zone' at some time, tough it out and you'll get there eventually.
Wiser words have never been said.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:47 AM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
Quote:
We've all been in the 'poor zone' at some time, tough it out and you'll get there eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Wiser words have never been said.
I have been there a few times and I am there right now, luckily last time I got saved by the christmas dungeons and the newly released armour set.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
are war hammers or Ring of Thieves still worth anything?
Old 03-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
are war hammers or Ring of Thieves still worth anything?
Nah both are a dime a dozen. The RoT is the only thing worth it's weight - I'll buy both from you for 5EC
Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Pirate Lord
Dinji_Jinto is a jewel in the roughDinji_Jinto is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Dinji_Jinto
Quote:
Lol, we'll see. Haven't managed that with almost 2k hours.

Now with this gambling, rich players get even more junk. Granted someone loses it, but it's still there.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
I personally would not put anything rare up for sale just so I can see potential profit flying straight out of the window.
And that is why we need a shop like this, sure it has its flaws right now, but we need one and it has to be perfect. Its the rich that control everything, they hoard all the good items, and when the price raises they sell 1 or 2 at a time. There was someone who had 5 RoWs at one point within the past couple days, and gambled it away, wouldn't sell it, and now whoever has those 5 RoWs probably will do the same thing.

Its also funny to me how the people shooting this idea down are the people who control the economy. Seems a lot like the gilded age with monopolies and all that, cornering the market and shooting down any smaller business (players) that try to compete.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:26 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
that doesnt make any ****in sense
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.