Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-03-2011, 01:01 PM
destructo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huesy View Post
I really like what you have going here, nice looking tileset and the activities are easy enough to get the hang of.

Some constructive criticism:
* It's too hard for newbies (me) to find things even via the map. I highly recommend placing icons on the building that you can hover over. Or even descriptive icons such as a fishing rod/hook for the fishing shop, gun for the armoury and so on...
* You need something about the number menus in the beginning tutorial. I found the '4' menu very helpful once I stumbled upon it.
* Having to open your inventory to equip the ATM card to use an ATM is a big hassle. Maybe just check to see that they have the item when 'A' is pressed.
* The roads feel too unplanned which I also find annoying about Era. Need to hire a city planner
* setbody / sethead also failed when I tried, perhaps also some tutorial information on changing appearance too.

And I highly recommend removing that NPC that says they just got a gun shipment in from Era. It's not helping your case against the Era faithful.

Good luck with the rest of the development! It's looking great so far!

- Delph
There are a numbero f things that we need to add to the tutorial but just haven't ogtten around to it just yet. As for the roads explain what you mean because the map was planned, and I know this because I made the entire map and all the inside levels as well and I built the road as an outline and then places buildings. For the bodies all you have to do is press t for a the tailor, and for the commands list just press N for those as well.

IRCBot1: McChucken joined the Channel!
McChucken: Hey mate.
McChucken: Grow up.
IRCBot1: McChucken has left the channel!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:25 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Why not just make a gun server that is strictly killing, and doesn't water/dumb it down with stupid jobs like shoveling and what not.

It'd be better to aim for a new crowd (people who don't want to do jobs) than to just attempt to split Era in half with a different version of it.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Huesy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by destructo104 View Post
There are a numbero f things that we need to add to the tutorial but just haven't ogtten around to it just yet. As for the roads explain what you mean because the map was planned, and I know this because I made the entire map and all the inside levels as well and I built the road as an outline and then places buildings. For the bodies all you have to do is press t for a the tailor, and for the commands list just press N for those as well.
Great to hear that there's more planned for the tutorial.

As for the roads, perhaps I just have a city mindset as opposed to a small town mindset. Cities having large blocks of many buildings in a grid-like fashion. Whereas a town would be much like what you have set up there.

Guess I just need to play more to familiarise myself with the place
Old 05-04-2011, 02:23 AM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
I agree with Fowlplay. I think adding shoveling and jobs of the likes kind of kill the core server. Instead of just shoveling and mining for money to buy guns, why can't you just raid places and fight gangs and get a reward of guns or money and then get the supplies you need. (Of course if a party/group is raiding, the rewards would be split between them evenly.)
Old 05-04-2011, 03:49 AM
destructo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a few videos of Noctorious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGzEdZLDDco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm_2H...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuCEWKWOyak

IRCBot1: McChucken joined the Channel!
McChucken: Hey mate.
McChucken: Grow up.
IRCBot1: McChucken has left the channel!
Old 05-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
Everything seems to be goin smooth so far guys. I hope this ball keeps on rolling for you!

Goodluck, and great job so far!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Frankie9011 is an unknown quantity at this point
just play era