Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2011, 01:58 AM
Bert
snoop413 can only hope to improve
players advertising for graal.

i would like to hear players and maybe globals opinion on this. there are a lot of sites out there that spread information quickly. youtube, 4chan, reddit, blogspot and other various forums. i know i go to a few forums on the web and i hear a lot of new things everyday. so do you think players or maybe server-specific staff members should be out there advertising for graal or their server? there could be banners or videos made to catch the eye of the public. i think there should be at least some advertising done. just because it wouldn't be that difficult. i would be willing to help out some.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:49 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Graal was on reddit once.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:25 AM
destructo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop413 View Post
i would like to hear players and maybe globals opinion on this. there are a lot of sites out there that spread information quickly. youtube, 4chan, reddit, blogspot and other various forums. i know i go to a few forums on the web and i hear a lot of new things everyday. so do you think players or maybe server-specific staff members should be out there advertising for graal or their server? there could be banners or videos made to catch the eye of the public. i think there should be at least some advertising done. just because it wouldn't be that difficult. i would be willing to help out some.
Ive thought about this before and it's a nice idea. Although a lot of people are lazy and wouldn't want to waste their time doing it. On the other hand if people did do it, it might bring more players to the client as many people don't even know about graal.

IRCBot1: McChucken joined the Channel!
McChucken: Hey mate.
McChucken: Grow up.
IRCBot1: McChucken has left the channel!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:30 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
sauce plz
Old 04-29-2011, 04:36 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
You aren't affliated with Cyberjourers/Eurocenter in anyway. If they wanted players to advertise for them they would have a stronger referral program. You shouldn't feel obligated to make them more money.

The iOS App and Facebook do a much better job at advertising Graal than spamming a link on multiple sites does.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:42 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Nice thread!

Thor records and uploads videos on YouTube. I know he gets a decent amount of views and subscribers (for Graal at least).

I think if Graal is free it can get a lot of traffic from the gaming and freegames subreddits as well.

But sites like reddit and slashdot only trend a certain thing for a limited amount of time. If Graal gets on there it won't get on again for awhile because it's old news.

Meaning that we shouldn't focus too hard on doing that until we're sure that the subscription plans and servers can keep people around rather than everyone getting bored after awhile.

Edit: I don't know how much individual players should be trying to advertise though. It should mainly be up to Eurocenter and server staff. However, it's good to pitch ideas about this, since no one really does it very much yet.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:57 AM
destructo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Nice thread!

Thor records and uploads videos on YouTube. I know he gets a decent amount of views and subscribers (for Graal at least).

I think if Graal is free it can get a lot of traffic from the gaming and freegames subreddits as well.

But sites like reddit and slashdot only trend a certain thing for a limited amount of time. If Graal gets on there it won't get on again for awhile because it's old news.

Meaning that we shouldn't focus too hard on doing that until we're sure that the subscription plans and servers can keep people around rather than everyone getting bored after awhile.

Edit: I don't know how much individual players should be trying to advertise though. It should mainly be up to Eurocenter and server staff. However, it's good to pitch ideas about this, since no one really does it very much yet.
I agree but there are plenty of other sites out there to advertise one, and on top of that ive the actual developers of Graal paid for some advertising then I think more players would come. I see so many other games advertised on so many sites. Almost every other site I go on I see advertisments for some of the dumbest games. So the question is why don't they pay for advertising?

IRCBot1: McChucken joined the Channel!
McChucken: Hey mate.
McChucken: Grow up.
IRCBot1: McChucken has left the channel!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:11 AM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
You aren't affliated with Cyberjourers/Eurocenter in anyway. If they wanted players to advertise for them they would have a stronger referral program. You shouldn't feel obligated to make them more money.

The iOS App and Facebook do a much better job at advertising Graal than spamming a link on multiple sites does.
^This right here.

If they want players to advertise for them they should implement a sort of reward program. We already develop all the content for their game, the least they can do is their own advertising.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:25 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
^This right here.

If they want players to advertise for them they should implement a sort of reward program. We already develop all the content for their game, the least they can do is their own advertising.
Amen bro.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:37 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by destructo104 View Post
So the question is why don't they pay for advertising?
They're putting time and effort into expanding to other platforms, which is far more effective and better for Graal than wasting money on trivial banner ads.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:14 AM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Once upon a time, in the before time, close to 3 years ago I suppose, Unix expressed, in private messages, interest in hiring a player-based advertisement team, that would be paid real money for their services.

Much like everything else, nothing quite came from this.

True story.