Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
How do we fix corrupt staff?

Rehire them of course!

*Discuss
Old 03-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
did something happen?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Chop off their hands

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
did something happen?
My concern is that chris is back, and what rights does he have?

Does anyone check logs daily anymore? I just can't see how he could have changed in less than 5 months.

Furthermore you hired water95 who warped into every hotel room and stole tons of weapons and then dropped them and what not. I remember that clearly as i spent 6+ hours cleaning that garbage up. He went by the name Zach then.

Another possible concern is casper. It was in his house that one of exolias spawners was found. And if i recall you can find chat logs in exolias recordings of casper using the strength setter.

I don't know your whole staff list, but it just seems like a great deal of them have a past of the few i do recall.

Im not saying necessarily get rid of them, but definitely watch them. Who knows maybe chris will turn around like Jerret did. But Jerret worked his way back through helping on Zodiac Dev first.

Staff abuse on Era is obvious. I think there was a three day span when i caught 3-4 people abusing and Darg obviously removed them, but the point is, majority of staff abuse and get away with it. You need to make sure the PR's aren't just checking players, but they are checking your team
Old 03-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Hang their genitalia up in a tree somewhere in Rutland
Old 03-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
did something happen?
Nothing necessarily happened.

But they did rehire most of the people that were fired for corruption and abuse. A few of them are even admins, this concerned me [and obviously] some other players. So I made this thread to see what everyone thinks about the PWA/new management doing such things.

I mean we all remember GC getting canned and torn apart for hiring a few unwanted staff members, but they just bring back these guys who were actually found guilty of DEMOLISHING the server and give them high jobs to pick up where they left off.

Not to make it personal but some of these players weren't even reset or had their tools removed from the firings, and I even know some players who USDed with Exolia and got 30 day bans, but came back and still have all the items they USDed.

Don't you think there's even a tiny bit of a problem?
Old 03-06-2011, 11:11 PM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Stop hiring humans.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:12 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
you hire crono, the least corrupt staff evar
Old 03-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
but then crono must hire me. most corrupt staff evar.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
The best way to fix corrupt staff would be to pay them IRL.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
^Yup, you will get some higher quality staff members as well
Old 03-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
The best way to fix corrupt staff would be to pay them IRL.
Good, we can pay them with your bank account.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:59 AM
Zeross is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Haha, or just stop rotating the administration in the same exact unsuccessful circle.

Its like if the Manager fails, the Server Admin who had the exact same terrible idea takes his/her's place. We go through the entire thing once again, then his/her co-manager or server admin does takes over and we're back at it.

Honestly, if a ship sinks, every higher-up in the crew should be held responsible. A captain doesn't man a ship by himself, and therefore it he's not solely responsible for its sinking. Seems too complex a concept to grasp.

Furthermore, it went from being good at your job to simply "not getting fired".
I mean, seriously, does how well you do your job count for anything anymore?
People get promoted for just holding a position, barely.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:27 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Don't see what that has to do with anything.

People want to be staff, but nobody wants to work for free, so they create their own incentives.
If you elect to pay staff it gives them a new reward for being staff, provides more motivation to do work and also provides a real incentive for them to NOT abuse and risk getting fired.

"What do I get in return for the work that I do? The ability to warp, jail people, and set stats."
After a while these powers stop seeming like tools that you use to do your job and more like the reward you get for doing your job. Providing a second incentive would help to clearly distinguish the two.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:38 AM
Zeross is on a distinguished road
That explains the reasoning of the continious unsuccessful circle, and perhaps touches on an overall issue. However, the issue seems less relevant or apparent on most other servers. Zodiac possesses a similar traffic to era. Yet, this isn't as large an issue.
Maybe its because the staff team is more open and less recycled?
Closed Thread