Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 08:39 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
There's a difference between bashing staff to be a ****head and providing criticism. In my opinion, a post saying "This update sucks whoever uploaded it is a retard" should be deleted. If that post had instead said, "I really don't like this update because ____, I'd rather see ____" or even just "I don't like this update", then it should stay.
Not everyone needs an elaborate and in depth reason why something it sucks. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

If people are bluntly saying it's bad, that should be enough. If they say it's bad, you know what? It might just be bad, whether they worded it carefully or not. Fact is, these playerworlds, especially the ones with a lot of players, need some manner of quality control. It shouldn't be up to all the players to hold the developer's hands and tell them exactly what they want done.

Reasons why they think it sucks are good, ways it can be improved are better. But deleting the negative comments? Don't be a wuss.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Not everyone needs an elaborate and in depth reason why something it sucks. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

If people are bluntly saying it's bad, that should be enough. If they say it's bad, you know what? It might just be bad, whether they worded it carefully or not. Fact is, these playerworlds, especially the ones with a lot of players, need some manner of quality control. It shouldn't be up to all the players to hold the developer's hands and tell them exactly what they want done.

Reasons why they think it sucks are good, ways it can be improved are better. But deleting the negative comments? Don't be a wuss.
Quote:
If that post had instead said, "I really don't like this update because ____, I'd rather see ____" or even just "I don't like this update", then it should stay.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:42 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
"this sucks, you suck for making it" is just as valid
Old 10-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
"this sucks, you suck for making it" is just as valid
You can be blunt without being a **** and attacking a staff member. Volunteers don't need to put up with that.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:12 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Quote:
UN's management everybody.

The idea of him knowing what his team does is an irrational thought.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
You must not have been reading the Era forums lately...just about every post and/or thread has been some sort of negative criticism towards the staff.

There's a difference between bashing staff to be a ****head and providing criticism. In my opinion, a post saying "This update sucks whoever uploaded it is a retard" should be deleted. If that post had instead said, "I really don't like this update because ____, I'd rather see ____" or even just "I don't like this update", then it should stay.

Playerworld staff are working on their free time because they enjoy it. They don't get anything out of it; they do it because they want to. They shouldn't have to put up with snot-nosed brats who are just complaining because they didn't get their way, especially when our pool of volunteers is so small. And before you say "if they can't take the bashing, they shouldn't be staff" -- it's not they they can or cannot, it's that they shouldn't have to.
So what? If there's no merit in their claims then oh well I say. The threads will eventually die. To silence the players is exactly what I hate to see happen with a game, and whether you get paid or not, when you're running a server you're running a game to many players.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I'm sorry, isn't it part of the manager's job to know who has access to what, and who's changing what? What's going to stop a new Yen from uploading a clone to warp around the server and killing everyone until they link it to a picture of their prepubescent chest?

I didn't "skew" anything - he straight up said it was ridiculous for me to think he could keep a watchful eye on the server he was in charge of.
Yeah, they should know, but that doesn't stop people with script access to make such changes without the manager knowing.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What? Negative criticism is always deleted by mods here. It's insanely bad on the Era forums, from what I've seen.

I had always hoped that since playerworld subforums were run by players instead of the forum mods/administration, that they would just let the players have their word whether it was good or bad. Sadly it seems the playerworld mods don't like hearing bad things either. What's gonna happen, UN is gonna lose players because a few players post something bad about it? It never happens. I find censorship much more damaging than negative criticism.
No Crono was referring to me deleting all his posts in the N-Pulse forum because they were all "Delete N-Pulse" and things along those lines, after it was clearly stated in the main post I made that comments like these will be deleted. I welcome constructive comments but have zero tolerance for trolls.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:46 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
delete N-Pulse

Also, quit calling everyone who says something you don't like a troll. It gives the people who actually try to be bad guys a bad name.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Get a life.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
No Crono was referring to me deleting all his posts in the N-Pulse forum because they were all "Delete N-Pulse" and things along those lines, after it was clearly stated in the main post I made that comments like these will be deleted. I welcome constructive comments but have zero tolerance for trolls.
Luckily for you I wasn't referring to any one instance. Like I said, I mostly see it happen in the Era subforums, and I'd just hate to see it spread.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:41 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
No he's just trolling like he normally does so it's best to just ignore him.

Edit: Cron you need anything you know how to get a hold of me.
Yeah bro, I'm just groundlessly trolling like I always do. Ignore the fact that I'm right and make a valid point while you just refuse to acknowledge it.

Cronstar if you need advice on management the last place you wanna look is a dead server. I think you already know what the problems are, you just need to act.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:32 AM
Playing since in '04.
HirakoShinji is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to HirakoShinji
Quote:
delete N-Pulse
No. Then there won't be a server to make fun of will there?
But seriously, N-Pulse was fun.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:35 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by HirakoShinji View Post
No. Then there won't be a server to make fun of will there?
That's what UN is for!

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:17 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HirakoShinji View Post
But seriously, N-Pulse was fun.
cool