Old 04-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Trak will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
i lol'd at this
He'd do a better job that the current management XD
Old 04-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
xelgana would be the best manager ever
Old 04-16-2010, 04:58 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
Hahaha
Old 04-16-2010, 05:23 AM
iRedemption is an unknown quantity at this point
sales is like obama promissing us change and then not finishing ****
Old 04-16-2010, 12:24 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
xelnaga is my hero!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Snake Eyes
Arakonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
xelgana would be the best manager ever
Sales stop using sarcasm, you confuse me.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Sliekz is on a distinguished road
i. Readjust or introduce some sort of method that will create any type of equal footing for PKing, regarding guns. (accessibility)
ii. Utilize gang points so that they can be exchangeable for something. Perhaps even bring back gang guns. Make gangs and players interested in one another. (incentive)
iv. Stimulate the economy.

My main focus in this post is to provide resolve (which are relative to each other) concerning guns, the economy, and gangs; hopefully in result, welcoming new players while keeping old players happy.

i. and iv

I would first like to point out that while auctioning rare guns did successfully sink money from the economy, it did not make these guns any more available. As of now, there's only an (exclusive) abundance of these guns controlled by perhaps 20% of the population. These guns are only traded within that specific 20%, while the other 80% are suffering from the dry economy.

If somebody owns an Mp5, why trade it? The only reason I can think of is if it's for something equally powerful and exclusive. What I'm pointing out is that while the very select few are trading within their own economic circle, the vast majority are both underpowered and trying to access the inaccessible.

This leads me to the question, "Why and how are these guns inaccessible?"

My answer is simple;
  • There is no way to make legitimate money that would be rational concerning the amount of time invested.
  • Prices are controlled directly by the players.

Sea shell digging makes $700 an hour.
Mining varies, but the casual player will make about $1500 an hour.
Picking flowers will make about $2000 an hour.
Car missions, $2300 an hour.

In the current state of game, do you think players will want to work over 10 hours for a Mp40? (while it's inadequate in comparison to what the other 20% have?)

Furthermore, do you think these same players are willing to work 400 hours for a rare/powerful gun? (assuming they're making a consistent $2000/hour for a gun that costs $800,000)

This alone turns many potential players away from era. What needs to be available is not accessible through a rational time frame.

Lastly, like I said before; prices are controlled by the players. It doesn't matter if the economy is deflated or inflated at this point.

i. and iv. suggestion:

I like the idea of exclusive guns. I don't like how these guns overpower every other gun on era; and how the availability of guns that suck in comparison, are still very hard to obtain.

I won't propose a nerf to these guns, but instead an addition to what is (and what can be) available to those that cannot access the inaccessible; in hope of narrowing the gap to some extent (and to create additional content and opportunity that hopefully, players will agree on).

1.) Expand on the pawnshop extensively

Add a large variety of already non-exclusive guns. Since gun price (as dem stated) follows a trend of freeze/firerate, create an equation like:

Base every 20 damage gun off of Ak47.

Gun Stats for 'Ak47':
Rate of Fire: 0.25
Freeze: 0.15
Reload: 0.25
Spread: 0 (0°)

For every 0.01 decrease in Rate of Fire; increase $15000
For every 0.01 decrease in Freeze; increase $15000
For every 0.01 decrease in Reload; increase or $1000

With this formula, some example gun prices would be:

Daewoo - $15,000
Mp40 - $30,000
M4 - $30,000
M1 Carbine - $32,000
Sg552 - $35,000
Fn2k - $45,000
Sten - $45,000
PPSH41 - $60,000
Metal Storm - $75,000
SMGPK - $92,000

While making these guns more available to players, you could also reintroduce (and adjust the stats of) some guns that currently don't have a use as a means to narrow the gap (introducing a middle-tier between the available and inaccessible). For example:

FN Mark 46: 25 damage, 0.12 freeze, 0.29 rate of fire. - $150,000

Mp44: 25 damage, 0.11 freeze, 0.32 rate of fire. - $150,000

Para-Tactical: 20 damage, 0.09 freeze, 0.23 rate of fire. - $150,000

HK416: 20 damage, 0.08 freeze, 0.26 rate of fire. - $150,000

If available guns become more accessible and this middle ground is introduced, I see no problem in keeping the exclusive exclusive.

Other guns that are 15 damage or aren't equatable by a formula (or unreasonable) should be released, but their prices set as staff sees fit. In fact, some guns such as UMP/Angels/G36k could be buffed to better fit a formula. (UMP due to its rarity, Angels/G36k due to them being almost identical to an Ak47.)

2.) Increase the amount of money generated by NPC jobs

It's extremely evident that these do not pay enough. Many new players will try these jobs and soon after; quit because the hope of accumulating enough money to purchase anything worthwhile is far too time consuming. With the introduction of an extended pawnshop offering many toys for players old and new alike to experience; the amount of money earned by tasks such as flower picking, digging, mining, and car missions should be increased greatly. 10 hours to make $20,000 is far too tedious for anybody to enjoy, especially those who are new. This is a game, a game with a dwindling player count, and a game that many new players abandon soon after starting. There should be no slaving for money.

If the pay rate of every NPC job were to be increased by 5x, not only would raid supplies be affordable, but players would realize the pay is worth the time invested (because of a set price on available guns, negating inflation).

At 5x, 3 hours of continuous work would earn a player an Sg552 or Mp40. Which is in my opinion, way more reasonable than 10 hours.

This would obviously cause inflation if players start working, but inflation would only affect the 'exclusive' guns, raising their price. This won't be much of an issue if the available is (more easily) available, and the middle ground is introduced to narrow the gap of performance.

ii.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliekz View Post
Gangs are a social group with an emphasis on being a squad or team.
They're players who share a common, like-minded goal; who will usually work together to accomplish said goal.

The problem here is that gangs lack a goal; if only to kill opposing gangs for no reason. Though this might be fun for a bit; it's sequentially a waste of money, waste of time, and unrewarding. Especially if one gang boasts the larger, more active, more well equipped team.

Since gangs have no concrete goal, I would assume that gangs have no concrete purpose. With no purpose, there's consequently no incentive to join.

In short, gangs have no value.

In result; extremely inactive gangs, little raiding, less to do
ii. suggestion

With all these new toys, you'd also want active gangs right?

The problem here is also clear; gangs have zero reward or purpose. Gang members and non gang members share no difference other than a tag and a chance to win KOTH for 5 ec.

Gang points are the first thing come to mind. I propose that gang points be exchangeable for some kind of reward, either spendable by the leader and/or each individual.

(*Note, for this to work gang points would have to reset at the beginning of each month, and would only be 'spendable' on the last day of each month. Also to give greater incentive, perhaps calculate points by +2 for each kill, -1 for each death. That way we'll see less of one gang leading by 400-600 points while other gangs sit at 0.)

This could be (but not limited to):

1.) Stat boosters

For the reward of a gangs hard work, members would be able to exchange their points for 'drinks' that temporarily boost stats (like caps).

BH would have a damage increasing drink. (i.e. +3 damage)
BB would have a damage reducing drink. (i.e. -3 damage)
LC would have an advanced speed increasing drink. (i.e. 1.18)

These drinks would not be usable in a spar/events/etc, and effects would be canceled upon entering a spar/event/etc area if used prior.

They could also be sellable to non-gang members, turning gangs into a type of player owned business.

2.) Guns

Self-explanatory, but perhaps points could be exchangeable by the leader to acquire temporary gang-guns for himself and his (select) members (via some sort of GUI). These guns could be separate from the economy and would disappear upon dropping them or at the end of each month if not 'renewed'.

If both ideas are valid; perhaps the separation of individual and total points would be acceptable. Guns could be purchasable by the leader, and drinks by each individual member without any conflicting event.

__

Aside from points, I've also had the idea of a neutral base that readily activates (for raids) every 3-4 hours.

The gang controlling the base at the end of an hour gets a reward; opposed to koth which is based on time held. This gives players the motive to not give up if they're 'losing' and will hopefully keep them fighting until the very last second. The reward could range from gang points, to event coins, or even cash (a means to make money in a gang would be nice).

To stop the base from activating, perhaps there could be a script that checks how many members of each gang are on (they don't have to be on tag). If there's more than x members of at least two gangs on, it'll automatically activate, if not, it'll skip a session until there is.

Last edited by Sliekz; 04-16-2010 at 05:26 PM..
Old 04-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
^ this dude knows whats up

In the current state of game, do you think players will want to work over 10 hours for a Mp40? (while it's inadequate in comparison to what the other 20% have?)

Furthermore, do you think these same players are willing to work 400 hours for a rare/powerful gun? (assuming they're making a consistent $2000/hour for a gun that costs $800,000)

qft
Old 04-17-2010, 02:27 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Hahaha finally someone who knows what he's talking about.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:58 AM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
Quote:
i. Readjust or introduce some sort of method that will create any type of equal footing for PKing, regarding guns. (accessibility)
ii. Utilize gang points so that they can be exchangeable for something. Perhaps even bring back gang guns. Make gangs and players interested in one another. (incentive)
iv. Stimulate the economy.

My main focus in this post is to provide resolve (which are relative to each other) concerning guns, the economy, and gangs; hopefully in result, welcoming new players while keeping old players happy.

i. and iv

I would first like to point out that while auctioning rare guns did successfully sink money from the economy, it did not make these guns any more available. As of now, there's only an (exclusive) abundance of these guns controlled by perhaps 20% of the population. These guns are only traded within that specific 20%, while the other 80% are suffering from the dry economy.

If somebody owns an Mp5, why trade it? The only reason I can think of is if it's for something equally powerful and exclusive. What I'm pointing out is that while the very select few are trading within their own economic circle, the vast majority are both underpowered and trying to access the inaccessible.

My answer is simple;
  • There is no way to make legitimate money that would be rational concerning the amount of time invested.

This alone turns many potential players away from era. What needs to be available is not accessible through a rational time frame.

Lastly, like I said before; prices are controlled by the players. It doesn't matter if the economy is deflated or inflated at this point.

i. and iv. suggestion:

I like the idea of exclusive guns. I don't like how these guns overpower every other gun on era; and how the availability of guns that suck in comparison, are still very hard to obtain.

I won't propose a nerf to these guns, but instead an addition to what is (and what can be) available to those that cannot access the inaccessible; in hope of narrowing the gap to some extent (and to create additional content and opportunity that hopefully, players will agree on).

1.) Expand on the pawnshop extensively

Add a large variety of already non-exclusive guns. Since gun price (as dem stated) follows a trend of freeze/firerate, create an equation like:

Base every 20 damage gun off of Ak47.

Gun Stats for 'Ak47':
Rate of Fire: 0.25
Freeze: 0.15
Reload: 0.25
Spread: 0 (0°)

For every 0.01 decrease in Rate of Fire; increase $15000
For every 0.01 decrease in Freeze; increase $15000
For every 0.01 decrease in Reload; increase or $1000

With this formula, some example gun prices would be:

Daewoo - $15,000
Mp40 - $30,000
M4 - $30,000
M1 Carbine - $32,000
Sg552 - $35,000
Fn2k - $45,000
Sten - $45,000
PPSH41 - $60,000
Metal Storm - $75,000
SMGPK - $92,000

While making these guns more available to players, you could also reintroduce (and adjust the stats of) some guns that currently don't have a use as a means to narrow the gap (introducing a middle-tier between the available and inaccessible). For example:

FN Mark 46: 25 damage, 0.12 freeze, 0.29 rate of fire. - $150,000

Mp44: 25 damage, 0.11 freeze, 0.32 rate of fire. - $150,000

Para-Tactical: 20 damage, 0.09 freeze, 0.23 rate of fire. - $150,000

HK416: 20 damage, 0.08 freeze, 0.26 rate of fire. - $150,000

If available guns become more accessible and this middle ground is introduced, I see no problem in keeping the exclusive exclusive.

Other guns that are 15 damage or aren't equatable by a formula (or unreasonable) should be released, but their prices set as staff sees fit. In fact, some guns such as UMP/Angels/G36k could be buffed to better fit a formula. (UMP due to its rarity, Angels/G36k due to them being almost identical to an Ak47.)

2.) Increase the amount of money generated by NPC jobs

It's extremely evident that these do not pay enough. Many new players will try these jobs and soon after; quit because the hope of accumulating enough money to purchase anything worthwhile is far too time consuming. With the introduction of an extended pawnshop offering many toys for players old and new alike to experience; the amount of money earned by tasks such as flower picking, digging, mining, and car missions should be increased greatly. 10 hours to make $20,000 is far too tedious for anybody to enjoy, especially those who are new. This is a game, a game with a dwindling player count, and a game that many new players abandon soon after starting. There should be no slaving for money.

If the pay rate of every NPC job were to be increased by 5x, not only would raid supplies be affordable, but players would realize the pay is worth the time invested (because of a set price on available guns, negating inflation).

At 5x, 3 hours of continuous work would earn a player an Sg552 or Mp40. Which is in my opinion, way more reasonable than 10 hours.

This would obviously cause inflation if players start working, but inflation would only affect the 'exclusive' guns, raising their price. This won't be much of an issue if the available is (more easily) available, and the middle ground is introduced to narrow the gap of performance.

ii.

ii. suggestion

With all these new toys, you'd also want active gangs right?

The problem here is also clear; gangs have zero reward or purpose. Gang members and non gang members share no difference other than a tag and a chance to win KOTH for 5 ec.

Gang points are the first thing come to mind. I propose that gang points be exchangeable for some kind of reward, either spendable by the leader and/or each individual.

(*Note, for this to work gang points would have to reset at the beginning of each month, and would only be 'spendable' on the last day of each month. Also to give greater incentive, perhaps calculate points by +2 for each kill, -1 for each death. That way we'll see less of one gang leading by 400-600 points while other gangs sit at 0.)

This could be (but not limited to):

1.) Stat boosters

For the reward of a gangs hard work, members would be able to exchange their points for 'drinks' that temporarily boost stats (like caps).

BH would have a damage increasing drink. (i.e. +3 damage)
BB would have a damage reducing drink. (i.e. -3 damage)
LC would have an advanced speed increasing drink. (i.e. 1.18)

These drinks would not be usable in a spar/events/etc, and effects would be canceled upon entering a spar/event/etc area if used prior.

They could also be sellable to non-gang members, turning gangs into a type of player owned business.

2.) Guns

Self-explanatory, but perhaps points could be exchangeable by the leader to acquire temporary gang-guns for himself and his (select) members (via some sort of GUI). These guns could be separate from the economy and would disappear upon dropping them or at the end of each month if not 'renewed'.

If both ideas are valid; perhaps the separation of individual and total points would be acceptable. Guns could be purchasable by the leader, and drinks by each individual member without any conflicting event.

__

Aside from points, I've also had the idea of a neutral base that readily activates (for raids) every 3-4 hours.

The gang controlling the base at the end of an hour gets a reward; opposed to koth which is based on time held. This gives players the motive to not give up if they're 'losing' and will hopefully keep them fighting until the very last second. The reward could range from gang points, to event coins, or even cash (a means to make money in a gang would be nice).

To stop the base from activating, perhaps there could be a script that checks how many members of each gang are on (they don't have to be on tag). If there's more than x members of at least two gangs on, it'll automatically activate, if not, it'll skip a session until there is.
Sick analysis bro.

I agree with you and I've always said that gangs are very important in keeping a high player count. I know Chris and Squirt are reading this, I am clueless in to why they are still doing nothing to fix their own server.

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 04-17-2010, 03:15 AM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
False hope
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 04-17-2010, 03:24 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:

My answer is simple;

You just worked for 2000 hours straight and you want to buy my BAR for $4mil.
What reason do I have to sell it to you?
I'm not going to be able to buy anything better. MP5 is probably the only gun that could be considered better and the person with the MP5 has no reason to sell it either.
I could take the $4mil and buy P2Ks or something, but now I have a slightly worse gun and $1mil in change to spend on hats. I don't like hats though. I'm not selling you my BAR, ever.
I reject your offer of $4mil. The "price" of BAR goes up. You offer 4.2mil, I reject your offer. The "price" of BAR goes up to over $4.2mil.

This is the point that I was trying to make in the other thread.
Nobody with half a brain will sell these rare guns for money, and because of that the values assigned to them are so grossly inflated.

Leave these guns rare, I don't give a **** about the actual guns. But make obtainable guns that are sold in a shop with similar stats so that players can get them. NPC shops are the best way to get money out of the economy because these items that are constantly available decrease in value, instead of increasing exponentially in value.

Quote:
i. and iv. suggestion:

Frankie and I had an idea for an exclusive "Golden Gun".
Basically it was a one-of-a-kind golden handgun that couldn't be dropped/traded/deposited/destroyed. When you logged off or died the gun would be automatically dropped where you were and anybody else could grab it (unless you were in a house or other unreachable place, in which case it would randomly re-spawn somewhere on the map).

It was just meant to be a fun, unique item that people could fight over and which everybody had an equal chance of obtaining and using for a while.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:39 PM
IT'S TIME TO PARTY LET'S
Good_Ol_Daze will become famous soon enough
put my ****in colors back

Last edited by Good_Ol_Daze; 04-17-2010 at 09:46 PM..
Old 04-17-2010, 09:09 PM
UnKnown Confusion
The golden gun idea is pretty pointless in my opinion. Chances are none of the noobs are gonna get it because they will be pked.