FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Mother FAQer
Xelnaga is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xelnaga Send a message via MSN to Xelnaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trak View Post
How would that solve anything? It would just mean the people who are decent at the game get all the good stuff and all the new players who are crap get nooby guns and were back at square 1?
My sentiments exactly, you would be just widening the gaps between old experienced players and players new to the server.

I don't believe the current gap between weaponry is too diverse anymore, that was changed long ago and everyone took it with a grain of salt and a brave face (A $3000 Daewoo can still blow holes through a $1.5million Desert Raven). However, I don't believe that the current administration should be the ones authorizing weapon statistics... or anything for that matter. These people were never era players, which is why I've been scratching my head since the induction of deophite. And unfortunately, as deophite's lapdog, Squirt made his way through administrative rankings a little too quickly and sooner or later found himself as manager.
Management and Administration should be composed of intelligent, mature, and talented era players who have been playing on the same level as the rest of the community for several years, someone who once had to lift a shovel or pick a flower to buy themselves an uzi. Current management are foreign aliens brought by other foreign aliens who in turn hire their foreign alien friends to take over when they are no longer deemed fit to idle on RC.
What has Squirt and Deophite brought to us? German/Spanish Aliens, UN-like NPCs like instruments and Nukes, and UN vs Era bullsh*t. Where's the era-based substance?

As for gangs:
Realistically, IRL, the real world, Gangs are organized groups of members who have earned each other's respect and control territories for business purposes (aka, prostitution, drugs). Every now and then they will brush with other gangs (Territory Invasion, disrespectful behavior, so on and so forth). Fact of the matter is, they're choosing this lifestyle because it not only places them into a family, but they're making a shiny nickel.
Now lets look at Era's gangs. Remember KOTH with Mongrel Mob where three out of four metal storms were taken home? Now its been diluted to 5 Event Coins per participant (WHICH IS STILL TOO MUCH ACCORDING TO ADMINISTRATION). Gang guns (although I agree with sales), were still a form of motivation to be an active participant in a gang. Points hypothetically were also suppose to have value for unlockable purchasable extentions to a gang (Helicopters, the suggested base sentries, the suggested fortified doors).
So what's left? Consumption of ammunition, time, and patience, what have gang members earned for being active raid and event participants? Bragging rights? GTFO

What about the current sparring system? Whatever happened to that weekly tournament? It just got up and left? Too much work for the current staff? It doesn't seem like it, Chris Vimes still has time to make little scripts to ensure no one is recording his immature corruptive behaviour.

For the past I don't remember how the f*ck long ago Era has remained neutral and changed in the slightest most insignificant ways, because management always feared being opinionated by the community. Fact of the matter is, there's nothing you can do to avoid it, but better being remembered for something rather than nothing. Manager/Administrative names I can still remember in the next five years: Chrisz, Jenn, Smu, Icarus/Frankie, Ocelot.
Who the f*ck was sales, daz, ningnong, squirt, and deophite?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Trak will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnaga View Post
My sentiments exactly, you would be just widening the gaps between old experienced players and players new to the server.

I don't believe the current gap between weaponry is too diverse anymore, that was changed long ago and everyone took it with a grain of salt and a brave face (A $3000 Daewoo can still blow holes through a $1.5million Desert Raven). However, I don't believe that the current administration should be the ones authorizing weapon statistics... or anything for that matter. These people were never era players, which is why I've been scratching my head since the induction of deophite. And unfortunately, as deophite's lapdog, Squirt made his way through administrative rankings a little too quickly and sooner or later found himself as manager.
Management and Administration should be composed of intelligent, mature, and talented era players who have been playing on the same level as the rest of the community for several years, someone who once had to lift a shovel or pick a flower to buy themselves an uzi. Current management are foreign aliens brought by other foreign aliens who in turn hire their foreign alien friends to take over when they are no longer deemed fit to idle on RC.
What has Squirt and Deophite brought to us? German/Spanish Aliens, UN-like NPCs like instruments and Nukes, and UN vs Era bullsh*t. Where's the era-based substance?

As for gangs:
Realistically, IRL, the real world, Gangs are organized groups of members who have earned each other's respect and control territories for business purposes (aka, prostitution, drugs). Every now and then they will brush with other gangs (Territory Invasion, disrespectful behavior, so on and so forth). Fact of the matter is, they're choosing this lifestyle because it not only places them into a family, but they're making a shiny nickel.
Now lets look at Era's gangs. Remember KOTH with Mongrel Mob where three out of four metal storms were taken home? Now its been diluted to 5 Event Coins per participant (WHICH IS STILL TOO MUCH ACCORDING TO ADMINISTRATION). Gang guns (although I agree with sales), were still a form of motivation to be an active participant in a gang. Points hypothetically were also suppose to have value for unlockable purchasable extentions to a gang (Helicopters, the suggested base sentries, the suggested fortified doors).
So what's left? Consumption of ammunition, time, and patience, what have gang members earned for being active raid and event participants? Bragging rights? GTFO

What about the current sparring system? Whatever happened to that weekly tournament? It just got up and left? Too much work for the current staff? It doesn't seem like it, Chris Vimes still has time to make little scripts to ensure no one is recording his immature corruptive behaviour.

For the past I don't remember how the f*ck long ago Era has remained neutral and changed in the slightest most insignificant ways, because management always feared being opinionated by the community. Fact of the matter is, there's nothing you can do to avoid it, but better being remembered for something rather than nothing. Manager/Administrative names I can still remember in the next five years: Chrisz, Jenn, Smu, Icarus/Frankie, Ocelot.
Who the f*ck was sales, daz, ningnong, squirt, and deophite?
Nailed it on the head. We need people who actually have Era experience, rather than any of the current classic servers such as UN, maybe when this happens Era will start to dig it's way out of the mess it's currently in.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Everytime I see ya...
Old_Days is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
How would that solve anything? It would just mean the people who are decent at the game get all the good stuff and all the new players who are crap get nooby guns and were back at square 1?
Well thats how it is now, the only way to not have a new and old players gap is to reset everyone about every 6 months.

I dont think anyone wants to be reset every 6 months. The noob and good player gap will always be there, no way to eliminate it by fairness.

Maybe there should be a thing for everyone, in order to get good things. Money making for noobs, pk for experienced players, quest for noobs?

IDK.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Days View Post
Well thats how it is now, the only way to not have a new and old players gap is to reset everyone about every 6 months.

I dont think anyone wants to be reset every 6 months. The noob and good player gap will always be there, no way to eliminate it by fairness.

Maybe there should be a thing for everyone, in order to get good things. Money making for noobs, pk for experienced players, quest for noobs?

IDK.
If that's the case then how is it possible that there was a time when there wasn't such a huge gap?
Old 04-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
If that's the case then how is it possible that there was a time when there wasn't such a huge gap?
A time immediately after a reset or during Old Era when there was only a dozen or so guns, and once you got any of those guns you just pked and didn't trade up through the now dozen TIERS of guns.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:34 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
"your just jealous you can't afford anything"
Sad when noobs take over era...

It's nice to see someone who s actually intelligent and cares. Though our administration doesn't take the PLAYERS opinions into perspective.

@trak: I remember when I got a bamboo rod, worth 12k but it was expensive for that time. Though I lost it about 2 weeks later after the reset
Old 04-15-2010, 12:47 AM
Mother FAQer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
A time immediately after a reset or during Old Era when there was only a dozen or so guns, and once you got any of those guns you just pked and didn't trade up through the now dozen TIERS of guns.
what are you talking about? the only guns available after the reset for MONTHS were only ak, uzi, shotgun, and handgun (Another thing I don't understand is why the current noob staff are altering the statistics of these weapons). I can recall after a countless amount of time TSA tried introducing the Tommy Gun, and Kinetaro went ape sh*t.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:48 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Guns could easily be balanced by an equation if you could determine what weight to apply to each of the stats.

i.e. How much firing freeze would you be willing to add to increase damage by 1.
How much firing sleep would you be willing to add to reduce firing freeze by 0.05.
How many bullets would you be willing to reduce the clip by to increase damage by 1.
How much reload time would you be willing to add to increase spread by 0.05.
For every possible combination of stats.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:56 AM
Mother FAQer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Guns could easily be balanced by an equation if you could determine what weight to apply to each of the stats.

i.e. How much firing freeze would you be willing to add to increase damage by 1.
How much firing sleep would you be willing to add to reduce firing freeze by 0.05.
How many bullets would you be willing to reduce the clip by to increase damage by 1.
How much reload time would you be willing to add to increase spread by 0.05.
For every possible combination of stats.
That would imply an equilibrium, meaning that every gun may as well be sold in an NPC shop for the same price, completely derailing one of the server's main attractions. Like I stated earlier, the market is completely player based, but was greatly affected by the amount of money brought into the economic system through duping and spawning throughout the lifetime of current era. And once again even a daewoo can blow holes in a desert raven. The only way to reverse the mentality of the era players is to start them anew, and make sure the same mistakes aren't repeated.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
I think you should even out gun stats but if anything not nerf, but bring old ****ty guns up to par with what we have now.

like why is the uzi so ****ing bad, back in the day the uzi was able to take down anyone because it did 15 dmg but was up to par with freeze and fire rate of any gun
Old 04-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnaga View Post
That would imply an equilibrium, meaning that every gun may as well be sold in an NPC shop for the same price, completely derailing one of the server's main attractions. Like I stated earlier, the market is completely player based, but was greatly affected by the amount of money brought into the economic system through duping and spawning throughout the lifetime of current era. And once again even a daewoo can blow holes in a desert raven. The only way to reverse the mentality of the era players is to start them anew, and make sure the same mistakes aren't repeated.
Not really. You could make it so that Guns for ~$1000 all have a total of about 30 stat "points" distributed.
Guns ~$5k all have 40 "points". etc.

The idea isn't to make every single gun equal.
It's to make it so that there isn't a single gun that is the best, and to have clear tiers of guns based on stats and price.

I'd like to see an expensive gun similar to the crizen but with a larger clip, or faster recharging. But under the current trend for gun stats damage is just going to stay at 20 while freeze gets lower and firing rate gets faster.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:28 AM
iRedemption is an unknown quantity at this point
stop working on era dev and work on the server everyone is about to quit
Old 04-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRedemption View Post
everyone is about to quit
Last time I was on I saw alot of new people, oldbies go, newbies come.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
Xelnaga for Manager!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor View Post
Xelnaga for Manager!
I agree, at least he's got some sense of Era.