Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-06-2010, 04:27 PM
FAQ
Slade0Hiro will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Slade0Hiro
Magic, suggestions and discussions 2 ^^

I opened the first thread a while ago and its dead so I thought I would revive it
so Magic, suggestions and discussions

I don’t know if any that i'm suggesting is being worked on but

*improve/fix area affect spells Spells like fireball, snowstorm they have an area of effect when hitting a wall but not when hitting a player I think these would be more affective if they set off hitting a player.

*Less time casting 2 defencive spells the spells earth wall and counter wall could be more useful if they could be cast quicker
I have to get a very long way away before casting counter wall against a lot of bullets and if I cast after I notice them cast its normally not quick enough making it rather useless,

If the earth wall spell could be cast quicker it could buy a mage a little bit of time to cast a longer spell before they run around to hit him.

*poison spells poisoning I read in another thread there was no way to poison with magic if so then poison cloud (magic) and poison fog(prayer) should have poison on them to have a chance to poison who they hit.

*Casting staff(weapon) Maybe having casting staff that was a weak weapon maybe as slow as an axe but 3 dmg and 3.5 cast time making it take longer to cast (you can hotkey away from the cast time but I’m assuming that will be fixed at some point)

but having it a weapon to attack with and the ability to prepare it to add the +pow +wis scrolls and cast could make it useful.

at the moment melee classes can prep there weapons for more stats, damage, wc but mages cant really as they take off the prepared weapon to cast.

*preparing wand/rods Edit: thinking more maybe adding slots to wands based on magic or wisdom skill -Cubes

maybe having some new spells I think level 18 is the highest level to learn all spells, but having some more spells at higher levels could make leveling magic have more of a point,

*Blink spell spells like a short teleport maybe in the direction you click not far maybe a bit more then a graal house width

Using a cast animation like holy orb used you can then click to change the direction like you would another spell without kind of pointing in the general direction with your wand lol

*Old spell affects as a new stronger spell At higher levels spells like they used to be before they were improved an old version of burning hands and ice storm

(before it was changed ice storm had a rather powerful affect it looked like it was raining ice at the cost it was it was a littleover powered but it would move in the direction cast and hurt anyone in it if it was the same spell needing a little more sp it would be more balanced or i think so could be wrong and the same for burning hands only it basically put fire on the ground that hurt if you walked on it.)

*Breathing Space A low costing spell that does no damage but can push people back easy

like a wider manablast with no damage but wider so there's more chance to hit and push away so you can breath

*recalculating the sp max/cost it would be nice I could cast build lightning wall with a magic ring on and now I cant cause the cost went up to high.
granted I only have 11 pow lol but being able to cast something then leveling up and not being able to use it shouldn’t be right

**Colliding Spells if 2 spells collided such as a fireball and a snowstorm, they would disapear and let off a cloud of steam (like steam bolt but just a cloud) that wouldent have a caster so would hurt anyone that was b.mode who went into it(both casters)

think it would be cool not really the most usefull but little things add up :P

*Ring of Protection a spell that could cast a ring like a wall around the caster position centering him so fighters have to run through it and hurt them selves to get to the caster (probably mana as magic is one of the most likely to be effective againt them)

*Slow it shoots clocks at the moment but ive seen other spells that actually slow i think the spell should be made to use this effect and slow people in the area of effect (wall of thorns)

*element required spells a spell that goes a little but and gits the ground and reacts to the element
(water:like an impact that hurts and effectively acts like they ran into the deep water if hit, using ice element as its closest to water)
(earth: an explosion of rocks causeing physical damage, could be good for other mages without much phys defence)
(fire: hitting some form of fire maybe a burned item would set of an explosion like a fire ball)
dont know about lighting as im sure it would be hard to hit the bolt as its coming at you.

*Ethereal form maybe turning into an transeparent transended form for a short period of time, and or when you cast the spell again to cancel
this would be something along the lines of Pow+ dex+ magic+ but removing any form of phys resist or ac making you very easy to hit and hurt physically (dont know if Ethereal is the right word lol)

*Wizzys! craftable wiz hats without the ac so these craftable virsions would just be +1 magic but means anyone who decides to be a mage can have a hat and not worry to much about dropping the one at the start if they're a sorcerer ,crafting it could require the yarn used to make capes to choose the colour basically like a silver warrior helm for mages not the hardest to get but something

*robes, robe clothing giving +1magic, spose clothes not robes could give +1 regen, just so not everyone is running around with robes,

*missile storm doing damage, it just looks purdy at the moment lol

*Dangerous spells just a thought some spells that are stong and require a highish level in magic that could be unstable
*- A lightning cloud for instance shooting random bolts of lightning and hurting anyone in the cloud being unstable and strong it would still hurt the caster
*-A Vortex placed like a rune on the ground dragging anyone inclusing the caster towards it and amageing them if they get pulled to close
*-strong summon that attacks an anyone near it, inclusing the caster
*--could have differen levels to these at lvl 20 magic get 1 at lvl 25 its uner control and wont attack the caster at lvl 30 you can summon another at lvl 35 you wont be attacked by it,

*Debuffs we have "protection from" prayers it could be a good magic support spells that "weakness to" we kind of have this with curse but its not the most effective since it depends on what god your with :P -Cubes

* decrease stacked resistances as you put more protection from spells on youself they should get gradually weaker to stop you trying to use premade scrolls to make yourself resist any magic thrown at you -Cyan3

* Acid spells, we have the resistance for it but i cant think of any spells - Bioboi

* Changing Cast time to cast speed, an giving each spell there own cast time and coolown and having wands give +cast speed - Nature2

Old 02-10-2010, 12:38 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Eeeew, magic...
Old 02-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Engine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullify View Post
Eeeew, magic...
Eeeew, resist stacker...
Old 02-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
Magic in reality works very well if used properly. All though it is FLAWED.

I must abuse my surroundings and environment just to be able to cast a spell. Wearing armour that gives me barely any speed doesn't give me anyway of breaking off of an attacking melee character. One change that would be GAMEBREAKING would be to implement some sort of resist to spell cancellation by melee.

Perhaps if I cast magic bullet, it has a 1.5 second cast. If I am HIT in melee combat, rather then completely cancelling the spell it would have a chance of either delaying the cast of the spell a few milliseconds, or depending on magic level resist the pushback caused by getting hit.

I have no reason to level my magic level due to it only has + amount of mana required to cast a spell and no damage increase ect.

Giving a pushback resistance would give a reason for me to get higher then 22 magic.

Also, nerf poison its ridiculous.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I feel that too many suggestions have been simply positive. Currently, magic isn't so inferior as some may think. The problem lies with the availability of items which mages are heavily dependant on since they receive little-no benefits and infact are worse off as they level. Unlike phys where someone continues to grow into a beast of dmg and crits.

Another reason why magic appears to be so inferior is the number of spells that are currently not working or disabled. Spells such as slow, acid, paralyze. All would be very beneficial to mages in pvp but are not functioning.

I do like many of slade's suggestions but another problem with magic is the damage. It seems solely resistance based which shouldn't be the case. Have it made level influenced (ofcourse there is the current mlvl problem with mana cost) and also offer a bonus (like phys gets more wc and dmg per level) like more natural magic resistance.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:17 PM
FAQ
Slade0Hiro will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Slade0Hiro
Quote:
Magic in reality works very well if used properly. All though it is FLAWED.
true a ice storm could almost destroy me and with prayers holy word can destroy people of bile fairly easily but i think it a win, lose, at the moment either your good at it or you compleatly fail, and it being such means there are barely anyone who wants to play a mage as it dosnt seem to have an inbetween

Quote:
One change that would be GAMEBREAKING would be to implement some sort of resist to spell cancellation by melee.
true when a spell is being cast it is a quick "can i hit him in time" before i decide to run an hit or wait for the next spell if i were to hit and still get a spell hit me it would add extra consideration,

Quote:
Also, nerf poison its ridiculous.
just a lot lol it seems like the decider to who wins a match most the time

Quote:
I feel that too many suggestions have been simply positive. Currently, magic isn't so inferior as some may think. The problem lies with the availability of items which mages are heavily dependant on since they receive little-no benefits and infact are worse off as they level. Unlike phys where someone continues to grow into a beast of dmg and crits.
true alot are positive lol but it's both as powerful as it is inferior at level there isnt any need to go above level 20 magic as your powerful enougth an continueing to level is just a hinderance.
so the speed you can get to the optimal level for magic is fast whereas lvl 20 melee? your weak an most likely wont be able to even hit a mage with +12 gear.
But saying that as i said up a little, your either good or bad at it without an inbetween if you dont have to speed to get any distance you cant cast a spell, an there isnt a fast spell to help keep distance, so if i can keep up with a mage i just wait for them to start casting as thats my opening to attack

Quote:
Another reason why magic appears to be so inferior is the number of spells that are currently not working or disabled. Spells such as slow, acid, paralyze. All would be very beneficial to mages in pvp but are not functioning.
they are deadly in spar lol though i personally would like them to o what they are ment to lol slow, slow people down. paralize, make them stop for a second or 2. i cant think of an acid spell thinking of it though lol

Quote:
I do like many of slade's suggestions

Quote:
another problem with magic is the damage. It seems solely resistance based which shouldn't be the case. Have it made level influenced
spellpoint cost should be fixed ability to level it with benifit maybe certain level can make spells stronger with icestorm and burning hands more projectiles with mana balls an fireballs more damage

but saying that making it stonger at higher levels would probably mean making it less potant at its current level as you said its all possative an would make the few people good at it too powerful

Quote:
like more natural magic resistance.
i dont think resistances would work though, with wc it benifits you in melee resist would benifit you either way and could lead to leveling magic for melee fighters for the resist and not bothering with actual magic.

taking onboard what your saying what would be a good way to decrease the potentsy of magic for the ability to have it stronger at higher levels.