Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Information > Gods
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2009, 07:24 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Heh, I guess things have gotten a bit outta hand. I have one last thing to say though, no matter how much food you have, if you run out too quickly, it'll take a few moments (In which you won't regain) to eat the food/item that's first in your inven which doesn't seem like much, but if you're stalling for hp/mp it can be crucial.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by saetarshadowflare View Post

Oh and pat if you quit why are you still here?

But the difference between me and you is that I'm not complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
'omy god look at the poison resist' erm ya... basic bonus. The reason why it appears to be oh so godly is how terrible overpowered poison is. If things were balanced and poison be nerfed to reasonable levels, you'll see that poison resist isn't really all that.

Strangely i feel like i'm repeating myself....
Because you speak of what should be, not what is.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
Heh, I guess things have gotten a bit outta hand. I have one last thing to say though, no matter how much food you have, if you run out too quickly, it'll take a few moments (In which you won't regain) to eat the food/item that's first in your inven which doesn't seem like much, but if you're stalling for hp/mp it can be crucial.
Element of the game, Bile is an option if it's that much of a concern, obviously eating before battles is an option, and one should improve their combat skills to not have such long fights if their food is that much of an issue.

I would like to see another god with sus bonuses, probably relate their followers to monks, who regularly function w/o full stomachs and fast alot. Probably Dian would be best suited he is "Lord of Angels, Duke of the Heavens, Healer and Protector" and clearly the most underpowered and one that needs more alterations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Because you speak of what should be, not what is.
Is that not the basis of suggesting improvements?
Old 12-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I personally worship bile. This is not because of the food. It is because I have stuck with bile since the beginning and when I was told bile was no good I stuck with him. Now people are using bile +5 at about level 60 phy to 1 hit kill lords, bigworms, and other monsters. Guess bile isnt so useless afterall.

What ever happened to those other gods? Leuc, Dian, and so on. Didnt one of them lower ac/wc and cause blind? That to me seemed better then ogma's poisin in a pvp battle. Why is ogma so popular?

We all know god's need a bit more balancing. I think food is not an issue here tho. Be happy bile offers the chance of 1 hit kill's and the food as icing on the cake.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
I personally worship bile. This is not because of the food. It is because I have stuck with bile since the beginning and when I was told bile was no good I stuck with him. Now people are using bile +5 at about level 60 phy to 1 hit kill lords, bigworms, and other monsters. Guess bile isnt so useless afterall.

What ever happened to those other gods? Leuc, Dian, and so on. Didnt one of them lower ac/wc and cause blind? That to me seemed better then ogma's poisin in a pvp battle. Why is ogma so popular?

We all know god's need a bit more balancing. I think food is not an issue here tho. Be happy bile offers the chance of 1 hit kill's and the food as icing on the cake.
Bile has always been able to 1hit almost anything (even players). It just needs a larger average of higher level players to have that displayed. It doesn't take that much phys to 1hit lords and big worms btw.

Leuc is a hybrid god imo, it has great spells for mages, and it's blessing offers ac bypassing physical attacks. Leuc would probably be best suited for a pvp mage though, it's a shame whirlwind doesnt do anything. Dian does give blinding to weapons. Blinding used to be very epic but even in it's former glory it would be pretty redundant now that the average bmoder has a high enough phys to not be bothered (unless they ac stack hard). Ogma is popular because poison is so lame. It is the match winner. Poisoning someone who isn't blile or ogma holy posd can deal -8 to -10 stat reductions in str, dex and con. The str and dex loss means that they wont be able to get away and are sitting ducks. The damage from poison also annoys mages..

The balancing of the gods will be extremely tricky to say the least, i have my ideas for bile, like weakening the diseases, lowering their grace cost and making them a duo (red = stat and black = regen and damage) instead of red death being so op'ed. ofcourse diseases gone, face of death fixed so bile can actually level w/o wasting crazy amounts of grace on many wounds. Finger of death as bile's mini nuke prayer and nightfall as a buff (++dmg(especially wounds) + resists -resists -con).

Overall though, balancing needs alot of impartial testing, each god needs to have a clear purpose and not have some op'ed all rounder.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
Ogma is better for phys just because of holy possession. You can use holy possession and equip a Gov weapon and it will be as if you're using a Talefung or Angel Blade.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Craigus will become famous soon enough
Bile does not need buffs, that is represented alone by the percentage of the server that is already bile.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:28 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
me n majin had some pretty cool ideas for balancing gods and stuff a couple of months back i dnt remember wat we said tho but if we would remember we would've fixed gk 4ever and u guys would b seeing 100+ playercount
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigus View Post
Bile does not need buffs, that is represented alone by the percentage of the server that is already bile.
Lol the reason the majority flock to bile is laziness. Very few newbies want to be devoting most of their time gathering food (we all know they will because they'll be taking alot of damage) and dieing from diseases that come with being malnourished. Bile is the easiest option to start out ones GK life because of the sustenance bonus and that's all. The majority don't know anything about bile's prayers, what holy pos FULLY does, what other prayers bile has that are disabled etc. Noobs only know 'i don't die ez if i pray 2 him'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
me n majin had some pretty cool ideas for balancing gods and stuff a couple of months back i dnt remember wat we said tho but if we would remember we would've fixed gk 4ever and u guys would b seeing 100+ playercount
Oman we did pretty much fix the gods problem with those ideas =[
I only remember that we basically suggested what each god needed and made sure none of them was op'ed but i dnt remember the specifics.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:23 PM
ogma needs +100 dmg bracers with +4 con
Old 12-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
ogma needs +100 dmg bracers with +4 con
You'll turn this into post Gambet maloria and we'll have fights lasting 5seconds. Next you'll want attack speed drastically lowered
Old 12-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Shadow Katars need 15 second freeze thx. Also people need to learn how spells work that will counter bile like curse for example or holy word which makes bile not quite as overpowered. Also as for resist stacking or holy possession all you have to do is cast your low level holy possession or protection spell on the player and their resistances drop. Bile isn't quit as overpowered as everyone things and I would be quite happy if everyone on the server switched to bile so I can 1 shot them with my holy word and own their red death and wounds with curse.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Lol cubes, i dare you to fight me with your holy word.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:23 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Isn't this forum about BILE. Not the other God's? Lets keep to subject and go argue or complain about the other God's in another thread.. haha

Even I do not know what Bile's prayers do. I got gyped, I had like 350 grace and it said it granted me a prayer but I just never received it =/ But I was borrowing WIS gear off shrimps. Tig already told me nothing is broken on it (this like a year ago I think). Personally I would like to see some lower level prayers or items obtainable by bile. Maybe something in the 150-250 range even.

And for the sus bonus I think it would be easier for noobs if we just handed them a sus ammy so they could freely pick a god and stick with that. I am noticing everyone flocking over to Bile now. Which is okay but didn't I recommend Bile as a god many years ago and got harassed by it.

Yes I do know that you can 1 hit kill most things even with low phy, why do you think I said bile owns all these years.

What EXACTLY does "holy word" for bile do?? Can anyone elaborate on that one for me? I have a general idea but now that I read these posts I start to wonder.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Isn't this forum about BILE. Not the other God's? Lets keep to subject and go argue or complain about the other God's in another thread.. haha

Even I do not know what Bile's prayers do. I got gyped, I had like 350 grace and it said it granted me a prayer but I just never received it =/ But I was borrowing WIS gear off shrimps. Tig already told me nothing is broken on it (this like a year ago I think). Personally I would like to see some lower level prayers or items obtainable by bile. Maybe something in the 150-250 range even.

What EXACTLY does "holy word" for bile do?? Can anyone elaborate on that one for me? I have a general idea but now that I read these posts I start to wonder.
Well when discussing bile it's sometimes required to mention other gods.

Bile has 6 granted prayers in total: cause many wounds; cause red death; cause black death; nightfall; face of death; finger of death. Of those six only one is working fully. Cause red death and Cause black death are obtainable but do not work fully because of disease immunity bug (i'll call it a bug) which allows people to gain immunity from both diseases by being afflicted, dieing and then waiting patiently without being restored. After immunity is gained it doesn't matter if the player is restored, they are immune forever which instantly makes those prayers useless unless you harass a player and eventually restore them before they gain immunity .
Nightfall, face of death and finger of death are disabled. Nightfall, i have been told, acted as an affliction of visual impairment. The afflicted would suffer sight loss to the degree of being limited to that small circle of vision like players are in labyrinth event. Apparently it also caused stat loss but was way oped because of the stat losses. Finger of death was the strongest wounding spell, it was stronger than critical wounds by a lot and was also unavoidable either because it traveled faster or instantly struck the target. Face of death was a variant of the known wounds spells and was infact a coned version, basically Bile's holy word but of death.

I don't know if Tig really told you that, because it's obvious from the first post in this thread that Bile has broken spells, 5/6 don't work properly.
Also, Bile has medium level (150 base grace) prayers available. Only cause black death is high level.

Holy word is bile's most known and biggest weakness. Bile is denied the use of holy word spells from the go. And is the god most damaged by holy word. One holy word can 1-hit kill a bile user if the caster is of a high Wis level or affiliated with a god which has a strong voice such as Brigid. Combination's of the two will kill Bile users.

You seem to not know ANYTHING about bile for someone who has been a bile user from the start...