Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-02-2009, 01:54 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
PvP Exp

If you can do it well, we all love PvP. Currently, the only reward for successfully killing someone is platinum/item drop and even that is limited in what you can scavenge from someone. It's very unlikely that you'll come across someone not carrying an abundance of platinum for their items safety, so it all gets pretty boring and the only reason to keep doing it is to watch someone eventually cry.

I propose that exp be added as a reward for successfully pking someone. I've thought up of a system that would ensure pking for exp be fruitful and without abuse.
Exp gained = ((playerkilledlevel+leveldif)*8)*100
And the level used is the general level of the player (maxed at 110).
So if a level 70 killed a level 110 he/she would recieve 92,000 exp in whichever skill they used to kill the player.

As we all know, a player can be killed inf times (that's how 000's of diamonds are stolen). The obvious way to abuse this would be to lame eachother until the world ends for easy max wis, phys and magic. So here's the drawback to pking for exp. 60percent of the exp you gain is taken from the player killed and you can only gain exp from playerkilling 100x a day but exp will always be taken from you when a player kills you, unless he/she has already reached their 100 kills a day limit.

This drawback to pking for exp ensures that the reward is enticing enough to encourage players to pk in this fashion. The cap on the number of kills that will reward a player exp would also have players target their peers or those higher level and not the lower levels. It should also stop/slow any abusers.

Just a suggestion to spice things up
Old 11-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
There is no way to do this without it being abused.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:19 AM
hi
Jcs1919 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jcs1919
If the player killed is level 5 and a level 110 kills him

= (5+105)*8)100 ?
Old 11-02-2009, 02:20 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
The only way I can see this working well is if its done through a controlled event. Maybe EMs can hold special spars. Which use B.Mode and during which the exp you talk about is awarded. Or introduce this exp system into Kingdoms Core. It would get more people doing Core and make PvP more enjoyable.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:23 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcs1919 View Post
If the player killed is level 5 and a level 110 kills him

= (5+105)*8)100 ?
Don't publicize your stupidity. Obviously killing someone of a lower level would have a negative effect on the leveldif part of the equation making it -105. And exp cannot be taken away from you (if scripted properly) for killing someone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
There is no way to do this without it being abused.
Yes there is... You could also make it 100% of the exp gained is taken from the player killed, but that would cause too much of a fear effect to make this a good introduction. People would be less likely to pk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
The only way I can see this working well is if its done through a controlled event. Maybe EMs can hold special spars. Which use B.Mode and during which the exp you talk about is awarded. Or introduce this exp system into Kingdoms Core. It would get more people doing Core and make PvP more enjoyable.
It would be nice to have it incorporated in Spar Events and Core, but i want normal pking, away from events, to have more rewards.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:05 AM
hi
Jcs1919 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jcs1919
Low levels will attack high levels aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 11-02-2009, 04:23 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Wow, I typed out a whole passage full of stuff and forogt that percent signs make it so you can't post, and then my post got deleted. -__-

Bah, to summarize it all up, Pvp Exp is a good idea, but I'm sure there are better ways to introduce it. The main goal with pvp though should be to encourage newbie players to go b-mode.

Exp in core is a nice idea, it'd have to be based off kills/captures/damage though to make it not so lame.

I'd like "classes" with to be introduced with core too. Chosen before core at some kinda npc.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
I'd like "classes" with to be introduced with core too. Chosen before core at some kinda npc.
Could you elaborate? I have a thought of what you're implying but i don't want to rant before i know...
Old 11-03-2009, 12:50 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Could you elaborate? I have a thought of what you're implying but i don't want to rant before i know...
Rant, haha. xd. See, like I said, I typed a big long thing out and it got deleted.

Basically, each class receives different pros/cons in battle, and upon death receive different ammounts of hp/sp/grace. It's not a real great idea, but I find it rather stupid when you respawn with 1 hp, etc, and it'd be way to dumb to allow everyone the same ammount of hp and stuff.

For example, a priest, they'd get maybe a +(ammount of wisdom levels) grace, in battle, along with somethign else perhaps? Upon revival, they'd receive 20+(wisdom level/2) hp, 0 sp, and (max grace/10) grace.

Of course, some sort of time limit (like atleast 2-3 seconds) before respawn should be added too. Doesn't make much sense to me when you kill someone in their core room and half a second left they're on your ass and making you miss damaging the core. It should be extended if classes are added and you respawn with hp, of course not so long that it's repetitive and just a annoyance.

I'd like to go on, about what I think classes should get in core, but I'd find it pointless to rant on and on if nothing would happen. Just an idea to be thrown out.

Another idea, magic+ should lower sp cost, not like it does much else besides regen which easily caps at like 3 magic.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Events Admin
Noobie8205 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Noobie8205
This could work setup like Warcraft's Honor system. Each time a player kills another player in a 24 hour period you get a diminishing return on that player. Each kill grants less and less exp and after 5 kills no exp is granted. After 24 hours pass from the first time that you killed that player it resets.

Hearing the music is like seeing the colors of trance and feeling the power of acid

Old 11-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Or you could just stop being cheap / lazy and actually go outside of trade once in a while to get brutals yourself.

PKing doesn't need to yield exp. It would be so easy to exploit it's unreal.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:11 AM
Events Admin
Noobie8205 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Noobie8205
I personally don't feel I need to level at all anymore. I don't care about wisdom and my physical and magic are high enough. I'm just saying if that were to be done it could work.
I don't melee anymore and my magic level is so high it's actually more of a penalty than a benefit.

Hearing the music is like seeing the colors of trance and feeling the power of acid

Old 11-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobie8205 View Post
I personally don't feel I need to level at all anymore. I don't care about wisdom and my physical and magic are high enough. I'm just saying if that were to be done it could work.
I don't melee anymore and my magic level is so high it's actually more of a penalty than a benefit.
Yeah, welcome to the final boss of Graal Kingdoms no one has ever beaten: Boredom.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:57 PM
firefighter is on a distinguished road
Yeah, we on Zenox have a self balancing PvP Exp System so I can say: it works!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
Yeah, we on Zenox have a self balancing PvP Exp System so I can say: it works!
Yeah, we'll see. If you ever get to hosted, that is.