Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 05:08 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Era Development Applications

Attention developers! Era is currently hiring experienced developers in just about every field.

If you are hired will be required to work very hard on a wide array of projects -- monkey business will not be tolerated. If you are not producing, you will be removed (and hopefully replaced). New hires will be given very limited rights (only what they need), and they will only have access to the dev server. If you’re in it for the fame, glory, power, staff tools, etc then do not apply.

*What we need:
  • Scripters (1-2)
  • Graphic Artists (1-2)
  • Level Artists (2)
  • Gani Artist (1)
*The numbers are what I think I’ll need, but I will not turn down talent. So if you’re interested in helping Graal’s most popular server, please apply!

Scripting application can be found here, everyone else, use the one below

The Application:
  1. What is your account?

2. What is your common nickname?

3. List all (note-worthy) staff positions you have previously held.

4. List all current staff positions you hold.

5. Have you ever been banned or jailed on Era? Why?

6. Finally, please create and attach* the following to show examples of what you can do:
*try to name files appropriately. (e.g. "account_inside_1.nw")

You may apply for more than one positions, just include everything you want me to see.

Level Artists:
  1. Two outside levels
    • One beach and one other of your choice
  2. Two inside levels
    • One shop, and one other of your choice
  3. A fifth level of your choice

Gani Artists:
  1. One weapon of your choice
    • Include fire, reload, and idle animations
  2. One player action (e.g. dance, jump, coin flip, etc)
  3. One other animation of your choice

Graphic Artists:
I'm desperately in need of someone who is good at creating tiles, so if think you have what it takes, please apply.
  1. One gun
    • Include left, right, up, down, and other necessary sprites
  2. Anything else Graal/Era-related you want to show me (the more the better). If you have any experience with tilesets, I would like to see!

Be creative! I’m looking for people who stand out…don’t just copy someone else’s style. When making your levels, ganis, etc, think about what will impress me and separate you from the other applicants.

Deliverables:
Applications should be sent to [email protected] or to me via forum PM. Applications will be open until the positions are no longer needed. If you want the job, I suggest you take your application seriously. I will give everyone time to apply before making any decisions.

Thanks, and good luck.

Last edited by cbk1994; 10-10-2009 at 08:09 PM..
Old 10-04-2009, 05:34 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Bump. I haven't received very many applications in the areas I need the most.

I'm pretty desperate for graphics artists (particularly ones who have tiling experience) and scripters. If you're interested, send me a forum PM and we can talk.

I've received many LAT applications, and a few Gani applications, but will not be hiring any of those just yet. I have held on to applications and will make the decisions when I'm ready.

edit: Should add that I'm really only looking for highly experienced scripters who will be able to tackle big projects.
Closed Thread