Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 10:20 AM
-----
darksage15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Question...

Anyone know if Gambet ever finished that shields thing he was talking about, and if it's ever going to be released? And, since he quit, doesn't that mean Zone's playercount will plummet into the negatives again????
Old 08-16-2009, 10:50 AM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
Zone's playercount will not plumit into the negatives.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary_Sock View Post
Zone's playercount will not plumit into the negatives.
But it might reach 0 again.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:19 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksage15 View Post
Anyone know if Gambet ever finished that shields thing he was talking about, and if it's ever going to be released? And, since he quit, doesn't that mean Zone's playercount will plummet into the negatives again????
The shield system is incomplete and needs a lot of work to be released. Elk is working on a completely new GUI for Zone, and we are waiting for the rest of the GUI before we work on the shield system.

While Gambet did quit, we do still have scripters like tolnaftate2004, and Codein. I won't tell you what is being worked on, but I will tell you updates are making great headway. We are still looking for talented scripters, because there are many plans for Zone and every bit helps.

Last edited by pooper200000; 08-16-2009 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Grammar.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Corpse
Damien is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
The shield system is incomplete and needs a lot of work to be released. Elk is working on a completely new GUI for Zone, and we are waiting for the rest of the GUI before we work on the shield system.

While Gambet did quit, we do still have scripters like tolnaftate2004, and Codein. I won't tell you what we is being worked on, I can tell you updates are making great headway. We are still looking for talented scripters, because there are many plans for Zone and every bit helps.
god damnit SN, you know that change has done nothing but harm to zone, leave the GUI as it is. The sheild is not even a good idea. It will be too much like first person shooters.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
The shield system as it was first intended to be is complete (where you get shields that regenerate after X amount of time goes by where you don't take any damage). As far as testing it to make sure it didn't heal players too quickly or anything like that, that wasn't really done yet but that's just a matter of changing a value around so it isn't much trouble to adjust it from there.

There's a working model on Zone Debug that works quite well actually (looks pretty nice in action). The only problem with the shielding system is that as others have mentioned players would just run away and wait for the system to heal them before running back into battle (but it's like that with most modern-day FPS's anyways). I suppose it would've been better to make it so that you only get shields back when you deal damage to another player or so to prevent players from running away all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
While Gambet did quit, we do still have scripters like tolnaftate2004, and Codein. I won't tell you what is being worked on, but I will tell you updates are making great headway. We are still looking for talented scripters, because there are many plans for Zone and every bit helps.
Although pfa is one of the best scripters on Graal, his high level of inactiveness proves that it's impossible for updates to be making a "great headway;" and if you just added Codein to the team then he probably hasn't done much yet (at least not enough to make it sound like a bunch of new stuff has been scripted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
god damnit SN, you know that change has done nothing but harm to zone, leave the GUI as it is. The sheild is not even a good idea. It will be too much like first person shooters.
The WIP that Elk put together of how the GUI would look like is pretty sweet, definitely one of the best-looking GUIs thought-up on Graal.

Last edited by pooper200000; 08-16-2009 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Don't want exact details released.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:38 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Elk is still working on the new GUI? lul
Old 08-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Corpse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
The shield system as it was first intended to be is complete (where you get shields that regenerate after X amount of time goes by where you don't take any damage). As far as testing it to make sure it didn't heal players too quickly or anything like that, that wasn't really done yet but that's just a matter of changing a value around so it isn't much trouble to adjust it from there.

There's a working model on Zone Debug that works quite well actually (looks pretty nice in action). The only problem with the shielding system is that as others have mentioned players would just run away and wait for the system to heal them before running back into battle (but it's like that with most modern-day FPS's anyways). I suppose it would've been better to make it so that you only get shields back when you deal damage to another player or so to prevent players from running away all the time.
Exactly, FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS. This game is meant to be simple and fun. If it wasnt for all the changes the game would be alive and well.

But hey, im just saying what 3 quarters of zone thinks, players opinions dont matter, right?
Old 08-16-2009, 04:32 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Exactly, FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS. This game is meant to be simple and fun. If it wasnt for all the changes the game would be alive and well.

But hey, im just saying what 3 quarters of zone thinks, players opinions dont matter, right?
No it wouldn't people would be bored because it nothing would ever change.
I personaly see it as something fresh, and we can only see how it works ingame when it's truly implemented. If it doesn't work out, then im sure it will only be a small fix to return everything to normal.

Quote:
Bull****, the last few changes have only done good to zone, im sure that future changes will too, or otherwise be reversed, like i stated above.
If ur not happy with it just leave for the 5th time or something. Nobody's keeping you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
and if you just added Codein to the team then he probably hasn't done much yet (at least not enough to make it sound like a bunch of new stuff has been scripted).
Does it matter that he just joined the team?
Old 08-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Corpse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
No it wouldn't people would be bored because it nothing would ever change.
I personaly see it as something fresh, and we can only see how it works ingame when it's truly implemented. If it doesn't work out, then im sure it will only be a small fix to return everything to normal.

Bull****, the last few changes have only done good to zone, im sure that future changes will too, or otherwise be reversed, like i stated above.
If ur not happy with it just leave for the 5th time or something. Nobody's keeping you here.
Wouldnt be boring, you just dont know quality updates, jsut quantity. You probably are a HUGE fan of the dumb first person shooters. go play them.. It was WAY better back in the day. And ANYTHING would be better then zone was for the last 6 months. You wanna see good changes? restore the server to pre-v5. You dont even play, so what do you care.

Last edited by pooper200000; 08-16-2009 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Removed attacks agaist others.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:14 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Wouldnt be boring, you just dont know quality updates, jsut quantity. You probably are a HUGE fan of the dumb first person shooters. go play them.. It was WAY better back in the day. And ANYTHING would be better then zone was for the last 6 months. You wanna see good changes? restore the server to pre-v5. You dont even play, so what do you care.
Iunno but the stuff they're making requires loads of work and are quality updates, seems to me YOU're the one who doesn't know what quality updates are, btw, i do play zone, im just not lifeless enough to waste 5 hours a day on it.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Corpse
Quote:
Iunno but the stuff they're making requires loads of work and are quality updates, seems to me YOU're the one who doesn't know what quality updates are, btw, i do play zone, im just not lifeless enough to waste 5 hours a day on it.
Honestly, i have NEVER seen you.. ever.. And the updates that they have made that are good? Taking away observer, which WASNT THERE BEFORE v5, squad system, pretty much a guild system for trials, WHICH WAS THERE IN v2. All the updates that have made the game playable, were stuff that they took AWAY from the game. All the new weapons suck, the clothes suck, the limitations suck, UPDATES SUCK.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:42 PM
Gani and GFX Creator
Minomato is on a distinguished road
Quote:
With the way things are going right now, change is looking like a nice alternative.

Quote:
im just saying what 3 quarters of zone thinks
I laughed.

Quote:
Honestly, i have NEVER seen you.. ever.. And the updates that they have made that are good? Taking away observer, which WASNT THERE BEFORE v5, squad system, pretty much a guild system for trials, WHICH WAS THERE IN v2. All the updates that have made the game playable, were stuff that they took AWAY from the game. All the new weapons suck, the clothes suck, the limitations suck, UPDATES SUCK.
First off: so what if you've never seen someone before? Take note that there are different time zones, and not everyone plays at the same time. Regarding the new upates, they have caused battles on Iricia to be more focused on the capturable bases and keeping fights away from the team spawns, which was one of the big problems we were trying to fix for quite awhile. And when you say "this sucks," it's so unspecific in stating the problem with the content in a way that it's degraded from criticism to insults. Please, do go on about the weapons, the clothes, and the limitations.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:59 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Squads + Base warper was really the only major update, the rest were just something unnecessary in bringing back the playercount, or just threw another spear at Zone.
Quote:
Not quiet understanding this V.5 and V.2 stuff you keep running on about, but the past is the past. Nothing's going to make it the way it once was, impossible. Only thing to look forward to now is the future and future development and changes in gameplay.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:33 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Note this is a futuristic game, therefore futuristic healing systems should be implemented, saying this I mean the armor.
Closed Thread