Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Guild Life
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
While some of you are missing the focus of this specific thread and are throwing in other problems that are unrelated to the definition, I think it has become pretty clear based upon the responses to the actual questions that the term "guild" has become rather ambiguous. The word is thrown around, everyone understands what a guild is, but they can have very different purposes from one another.

Amongst the defining of different types of guilds, Dusty made a pretty interesting point:

We have many different "types" of guilds like those outlined: families, fun guilds, casual guilds, and PvP guilds, but this isn't noted anywhere unless you place it in your guild charter. Fun guilds can be more active than PvP guilds, but that wouldn't make sense as they don't have very similar purposes at all. This brings up two interesting questions:
  • Should guilds be defined better?
  • Should we perhaps be asked to define our purposes from a selection of broad categories in our guild settings?
The type of guild could be sorted into individual lists, and it could possibly make future developments such as limiting multiguilding (x per y type, anyone?) much more appropriate on a guild-by-guild case. What do you think?
No they shouldn't be defined better. What about guilds that serve a duel purpose? ex. a family pking guild vs a family guild that forbids pking while on tag.

No to drop down lists. I'm against people micromanaging and saying what a guild can or cannot be. Its all in the eyes of the maker and those who wish to belong. If they don't say what they are in the guild charter then thats their problem. Since you do have to upgrade your account to even own a guild you should have some freedoms to choose whether you live inside or outside the box.

I would like to see the option return where you could click on someones profile and see what guilds they are in. If you're going to limit multiguilding to a couple guilds then let the leaders of the guilds do a little work themselves by having to actually check profiles now and again.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Maybe the people don't want everyone to know in what guild they are...
I think this should be respected.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
One thing that always annoyed me is the need to setnick PERFECTLY to go on tag. I'm not particularly fond of forcing players to designate names for their guild tags, but I imagine some people like the purpose. However, there should be a way to go on tag so that it automatically sets your nick and guild without all the hassle.

Maybe something like... settag Pluffy Gang, will automatically put me on my Pluffy tag, and if I have a specified nick for said guild, change that as well.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
Maybe the people don't want everyone to know in what guild they are...
I think this should be respected.
Are they ashamed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
One thing that always annoyed me is the need to setnick PERFECTLY to go on tag. I'm not particularly fond of forcing players to designate names for their guild tags, but I imagine some people like the purpose. However, there should be a way to go on tag so that it automatically sets your nick and guild without all the hassle.

Maybe something like... settag Pluffy Gang, will automatically put me on my Pluffy tag, and if I have a specified nick for said guild, change that as well.
I second that emotion.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
"setguild" is better
Old 05-27-2009, 10:55 PM
GREATEST
Ares is on a distinguished road
why guilds kinda died - lack of players + lack of competition
Old 07-22-2009, 03:55 PM
dmhabe is on a distinguished road
* What is a guild? and what do you think the purpose of a guild is? A group of players with a common interest. Depending on the type of guild (War,sparring,events,social) The guild will do what it was created to do for example, BTK wars, AGE spars, Cherry plays events, Kittah talks.

* What do you think guilds used to be? Have they deviated from how they are now? Guilds used to be a term of status and you had a "reputation" to uphold. Now it seems to have deviated into 2 week movements of people trying to recreate the same guild just different name, Or guild hop around.
* What should guilds be? More like BTK
* What type of guild do you find the most "fitting" for a guild? Pking guilds

Warhawk Dynasty (BTK)
Old 07-22-2009, 06:50 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhabe View Post
* What should guilds be? More like BTK
* What type of guild do you find the most "fitting" for a guild? Pking guilds

a setguild command would be pretty cool, especially if it can just replace any guild tag you already have on. it would be much easier to change between guilds, i'd like that a lot

as for a definition of guilds, i don't think it's needed. it should be clear to the player what type of guild they are joining when they try to get recruited. it's not like you join AGE and not know it's a sparring oriented guild. i do think that a place on the guild charter to categorize what the guild is could be beneficial:

if we brought back the ability to sort guilds into categories again, we could have more options of having guilds sorted into the categories they chose to be, such as family, PVP, casual, etc. i realize some guilds want to be much more than that, so perhaps you could use a check box system, so guilds can check all the categories they fit into so they can easily be sorted, and newer players could have a better understanding of what a certain guild is all about
Old 07-22-2009, 08:19 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post

agreed