FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Mother FAQer
Xelnaga is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xelnaga Send a message via MSN to Xelnaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
And then we'd be back where we started except this time you'd be complaining that a Flak Cannon isn't a good enough prize.

Player A works his ass off for months to earn 500k. Player B gets 50 kills in one event. Both receive the same weapon. I call that unbalanced.
Both players are working their asses off, Player B was instantly granted a spot in a lineup? No, he too had to work his ass in order to be skilful enough to participate and accumulate that amount of kills, and I'm sure he won't achieve it from the first time.

Quote:
I'm referring more to the fact that not even everyone in a gang can participate anymore. What about pkers who choose to be gangless? They shouldn't be excluded from prizes that affect EVERYONE, not just gangs. If you want to give prizes for gang events, the prizes should be gang-related. Like Frankie said...points would be good (if only they were more than just a number)

EDIT: We're starting to go off in the wrong direction...most of this will be irrelevant with the new gang system, anyways.
Who claimed that gang events were the only way to win prizes? What happened to that weekly spar tourney?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:51 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnaga View Post
Both players are working their asses off, Player B was instantly granted a spot in a lineup? No, he too had to work his ass in order to be skilful enough to participate and accumulate that amount of kills, and I'm sure he won't achieve it from the first time.
It's not the same and you know it.

Quote:
Who claimed that gang events were the only way to win prizes? What happened to that weekly spar tourney?
We are talking about gangs here.
EDIT: what weekly spar tourney, anyways? I don't recall
Old 05-05-2009, 05:53 AM
Default Usergroup Title
CaptainSkittles is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Let's be honest, Graal doesn't take that much skill. Especially these days. Buy an expensive gun, hold d, profit.

Or, just lag.

Is there skill involved? Of course. Does it take as much time as picking enough flowers to buy an MS or M1 would? Absolutely not.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:54 AM
Mother FAQer
Quote:
EDIT: what weekly spar tourney, anyways? I don't recall
Chris did this weekly spar tourney ordeal for a bit, didn't last more than a month. The winner of the spar tourney got a statue in the complex and 5 ecs, same went for tagteams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSkittles
Let's be honest, Graal doesn't take that much skill. Especially these days. Buy an expensive gun, hold d, profit.

Or, just lag.

Is there skill involved? Of course. Does it take as much time as picking enough flowers to buy an MS or M1 would? Absolutely not.
And why is it the pkers fault for fulfilling the original purpose of era instead of brainlessly picking flowers?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:58 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Another thing I don't like about instant mega prizes for events is the fact that the same person will constantly win it. And with their newly earned lame weapons from the previous event, the odds are even more in their favor. I wouldn't mind doing something with a point system where "big" events give more points, as long as there is still ways for the good, but not greatest, pkers to earn points in smaller events. The points could eventually be cashed in for prizes or something. This would work very well with MontyPython's event system idea: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=85369

Last edited by salesman; 05-05-2009 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: added link
Old 05-05-2009, 05:58 AM
Default Usergroup Title
Quote:
And why is it the pkers fault for fulfilling the original purpose of era instead of brainlessly picking flowers?
It's not.

You're trying to act like it takes as much effort, it doesn't. If anything, this just shows how terrible the economy is.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:01 AM
Mother FAQer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSkittles View Post
It's not.

You're trying to act like it takes as much effort, it doesn't. If anything, this just shows how terrible the economy is.
But it does take effort, except you're investing in your ability similarily to riding a bike you won't lose it easily. Rather than doing the same repetitive chore of picking flowers.

As for sales, I do agree that gangpoints could be "cashed in", that would be a fantastic idea.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:10 AM
Default Usergroup Title
Quote:
But it does take effort, except you're investing in your ability similarily to riding a bike you won't lose it easily. Rather than doing the same repetitive chore of picking flowers.

As for sales, I do agree that gangpoints could be "cashed in", that would be a fantastic idea.
Hey, I used to have flower picking down to a science. 4k an hour, thank you very much.

No, but I get what you're saying. It would be interesting if by PKing you could get closer towards a weapon, but there's a lot better ways to do it than handing out OP **** at gang events. Points playing into that would be cool.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:41 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
bump

the ideas in this thread are golden imo.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Banned
sid.gottlieb@googlemail.com will become famous soon enough
to be honest, I loved the pirate chat filter... lol
Old 05-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Why do you play Era?
Quote:
To shoot people with guns
No.

Quote:
To become rich and powerful to be able to kill people easily
No.

Quote:
Have control and be better than everyone else?
No.

Sorry, But all your question's fail. I play Era because i enjoy hanging out there with friends and have fun with useless crap like throwing my boomerang everywhere i can.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanatoses is an unknown quantity at this point
Revival: You can't in all sense tell me that Era requires no level of mastery whatsoever. That whoever has the biggest gun, is bound to win. I can hand you an Mp5 Navy and use Dual Handguns and I guarantee that you will lose (Done it before).

Skill is the most irrefutable resource on the game, its the one of the few things that cannot be reset, removed, altered and etc.

Player A (Economist): Spent his time Picking Flowers and etc, inevitably becomes the richest player on the game.
Has purchased the most powerful weapons, but has neglected obtaining PK Skill.

Player B (PKer): Spent his time in the spar arena or on the PK Field, gaining money for nothong other than Ammunition. Has an adequate weapon given to him by a Gang Leader that is intrigued by his talent.

Reset Hits:

Who has more to show for it?

So CaptainSkittles, give it a shot. By an expensive gun, hold d and lets see how far it gets you. Thats the problem these days, new players trying to alter the entirety of the gameplay to revolve around their ideals, Era is a PK-Server, PK Ability gets you EVERYWHERE in the game, whether you accept it or not. Example: Me

Of all my hours, I probably have spent 10-12 of them actually working.

If you're not good enough to win the weapon in the event, then do what you do best. Pick flowers for 12 weeks and purchase it from the guy who was.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:19 AM
Frankie9011 is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate to admit it, but, Wil's entirely correct.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:33 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie9011 View Post
I hate to admit it, but, Wil's entirely correct.
Agreed completely, as well as the hate to admit it .