Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Classic Server should..?
be left as it is. 4 6.15%
bring back it's original levels and hit detection. 51 78.46%
bring back ONLY the original levels but leave the hit detection as is. 1 1.54%
bring back ONLY the original hit detection but leave the levels as is. 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Clientside has its obvious flaws, though the people could have at least tried to adjust to it rather than just ***** about it. Still, it sucks. Plain and simple.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
like i told u , people blame the hd because they suck on it.
then that mean everyone suck at it ?

i have one thing to say

bring server back in us
Old 05-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Name 20 players that currently play Graal on a regular basis that were around to 'appreciate' the old overworld and old hit detection on Classic.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:55 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
contego will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
like i told u , people blame the hd because they suck on it.
then that mean everyone suck at it ?

i have one thing to say

bring server back in us

I went on Classic and sparred and had no issues. I didn't "suck" however the fact remains that Classic is no longer Classic with the tileset changed and the hit detection changed. I'm not here to insult anyone and Laura it's unfortunate you're trying to taking this conversation in a different direction. Let's keep this this forum constructive and focused on to the topic please.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:55 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I've wanted the original HD since 2006 but I think we're at a point where Classic needs some real content. I don't see how the levels will make a difference at all.

Restoring the HD now would probably require a lot of re-scripting, and I feel that it should be tweaked but more time should be spent on giving players something real to do. We shouldn't have to rely on events to have a shred of fun on a game but that's how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
bring server back in us
Why, "because you suck at it"?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:32 PM
known
unknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to unknown
Quote:
Name 20 players that currently play Graal on a regular basis that were around to 'appreciate' the old overworld and old hit detection on Classic.
I can name people if you want, but I dont have to since theres a poll showing it. Let me know if you want those names.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:38 PM
known
Also, stop trying to reply with excuses about why we dislike it. We might sound like a broken record here, but its because ITS NOT CLASSIC, and its not even graal for that matter because of the hit detection. I can pk and spar just fine on it once I get in the zone, hell, I will probably take your best sparrer down, so don't use that excuse laura. Its just a stupid change which led to classics downfall in the first place. All you kids who argue it are the kids who sit around there and chat so I don't see why you'd care if the detection or the levels changed. Go use a chat client.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:44 PM
known
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
Obviously I can't see who voted, but I wonder actually how many people who voted have actually spent more than 100 hours on classic in the past two years. I theorize that many of the votes are from nostalgic people hoping for a return of their favorite time on "classic," whenever that was for them.

Again, besides the point. It's not about spending a certain amount of time on it in the past few years to determine this. What do you people not get about the word "CLASSIC"? It's not even about trying to return to my favorite time, its about leaving something the way it is because of the title and because obviously none of your newbie development methods have drawn a crowd, only dispersed them. Let me ask all of you Classic Supporters something, why do you like "this" version of classic? I think it's because you all just wasted so much time there already you feel hopeless and just stick to the plan.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:47 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Quote:
If I were to go out of my way to make a pointless list of names for you it would accomplish nothing. However I can say there are definitely more than 20 players from that time line that now play Era, and Zodiac. These people couldn't get into Unholy Nation or NPulse because that Graal they know is Classic, and that Classic is gone.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Hi.

And hey there contego.

Now before anyone goes "OMG what did Stryker vote!?", I'm not voting. Not getting my hopes up.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:14 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykertffd View Post
hi.

And hey there contego.

Now before anyone goes "omg what did stryker vote!?", i'm not voting. Not getting my hopes up.
hey man <333

You should vote. It's your opinion. But it's up to you of course.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
So, according to you, "Classic" means using the levels from the early 2000s and never changing them at all?
Old 05-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
I can name people if you want, but I dont have to since theres a poll showing it. Let me know if you want those names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by contego View Post
If I were to go out of my way to make a pointless list of names for you it would accomplish nothing. However I can say there are definitely more than 20 players from that time line that now play Era, and Zodiac. These people couldn't get into Unholy Nation or NPulse because that Graal they know is Classic, and that Classic is gone.
Go for it.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:36 PM
known
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
So, according to you, "Classic" means using the levels from the early 2000s and never changing them at all?
for the most part, yes...I mean, it would be nice to fix tile errors and thats about it. I understand possibly the development of an island for playerhouses and such, but leave the older levels alone. The only development classic needs is npcs, economy, and events IMO.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:38 PM
known
Quote:
Go for it.
first off, half of btk is old and consistent players, so that sums that up.
but...even if I name people, you probably wouldn't even know them so whats the point?