Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
But isn't the definition of "good" an opinion? A new overworld was a "good" thing to Hell raven, and we all know how successful that project was.

Obviously the person in charge has some creative ideas in their head, but their vision of classic might not be "good" to some players, and thus they will be unhappy. When a cook makes a meal (talking about having people over for dinner,) they try to make something that everyone will be pleased with, whether it is "good" to them or not. If they make a super-duper salmon dinner or something, it might be good to them, but if the people don't like salmon it doesn't matter how good it is, the people won't be happy.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:49 AM
Cetellic is on a distinguished road
The problem isn't that there is a new overworld, it's that the overworld is not being taken an advantage of. A bigger overworld is fine, as long as you know what you're doing with it. Hell Raven apparently built a stepping stone for us that no one wants to build upon, he probably could've did more with it himself if he kept deving on Classic.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Obviously Clel doesn't get that decisions should be made based on player opinion. You find a medium with player input and then go on and choose an idea from there. This game was originally "for the players, by the players", but if two people are going to decide the fate of a server, that isn't really by the players.

I mean, why wouldn't managers decide based on player opinion? Gladius made a point with Hell Raven's idea.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-01-2009, 02:58 AM
Gladius
Clel I wasn't talking about the overworld. I was talking about the overworld project as a whole. Hell raven thought it was a "good" idea. What did the public think about it at the time? I don't recall, but the point is, if the management doesn't ask the players opinions, then whatever projects they do attempt, it will look good to them, but perhaps not the players. When it doesn't look good to the players, they won't use it.

Say a manager decides to design a new town without asking players. To the manager, it could be the greatest idea in the world. To the players, who weren't asked what they'd like, it could be the biggest waste of time in the world. Perhaps they'll like the idea. But odds are, if a manager constantly decides which projects to do without asking the players what they want, that some projects aren't going to be "good" to a bunch of the players.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:33 AM
Cetellic is on a distinguished road
But the overworld project as a whole could rock if devs would take an advantage of it...
Old 05-01-2009, 04:07 AM
Gladius
Indeed it could. But is that what the people really want to see? Do they want a new overworld? Or do they want stuff to do on the overworld?

If the devs don't have the player's opinions, they're making their dream world, not the world the community wants to play. And if the community doesn't want to play in that dream world, they're going to leave.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
You say GCs never host with low playercount.

Thats why you all suck as GCs =P

You should never host when there is 1 player on, because hey what will you host? 2 active players though = good 2 player game.

And again, Development aren't little girls who can't cross the street, they do not need us to hold their hands and continue to give them suggestions, they aren't taking them anyway.

Its their job to provide a fun exciting server, they have failed miserably in doing so, let them keep trying, I rather watch them all crumble and watch DC fail miserably for being such a ****y prick. I'm surprised you all have not noticed yet that DC never cared about **** that any of you had to say, hes going to do what every other admin did and try to mold this to his own liking, not any of his teams liking, not thor or storms liking, but his own.

But again, they got nothing on Delteria if they keep going at this rate. I'm done with classic for now, they showed they cant handle running it anymore, im waiting for delteria to come out.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow87 View Post
I'm done with classic for now, they showed they cant handle running it anymore, im waiting for delteria to come out.
Result.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
No sorry I forgot you were retarded and have trouble understanding what people say.

I meant my hope for classic is done, i am still going to talk about anything i want to about it. Sorry, i always forget you are insanely stupid Rufus.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Gladius
2 people = a couple
3 people = a threesome
4 people = a boring event (imo) like sparopoly or drunken stupor, neither of which I enjoy hosting
5 people = a boring event like first to 5 sumo
6 people = a decent LMS
7 people or more = a quality event

That's a rough generalization. Yesterday I tried hosting with a playercount of 13. I saw about 6-7 people online who would probably join an event. I massed asking how many people would be interested in an event, and after a minute I had 3 pms. That's not an event. If I had gotten 4-5 people (or more,) I'd gladly (pun intended) try to host something. But I didn't. What the hell do you want me to do? Host a tea party for 3 people? Please. I aim to host fun, quality events. Quality and fun are both amplified by competition, and for the best competition, you need numbers greater than 6. Does that mean I can't host events with less than 6? No, but anything less than 4 is not an event in my eyes.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Prince
Not everybody who will play will automatically pm you saying they're interested...

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Gladius
So we're supposed to assume we're going to get more people? "Oh, only 3 ppl sent in, but I'm sure I can get 6 people." Will it sometimes happen? Sure. Will it happen all the time? Nope.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Prince
Is that a good enough reason to detag? Nope. I would definitely host with 3 people though.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Gladius
It's a good enough reason for me, according to my definition of what a quality event should be.

If your definition of a quality event includes 3 person events, then have fun with that.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Prince
This is ultimately why the GC team fails. We have GC's who are too pessimistic to even host on a semi-decent playercount and have to resort to "getting a valid amount of PMs" in order to host. Granted if you only had 1 pm that wouldn't be a good sign, but 3 or more is.

Fail Fail Fail

RIP Matt (NBK)
Closed Thread