Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum > Bugs and Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Graal2001 Graphics
Kramer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kramer
Just a thought for those who are dedicated.

Petition to make 2k1 a free server separate from the rest of Graal? Too much complications with new Graal versions and new scripting languages. I propose 2k1 become a standalone application. Anyone with me?

~Kramer
(11:52:32 PM) Skylar: but seriously noah, you can't even call me a nerd if you took acid and installed azureus
(11:52:48 PM) Skylar: that bans you from ever calling someone a nerd
Old 10-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
No.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Graal2001 Graphics
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
No.
Let the dead rest you say?
You really need to say more than "No." This is a discussion forum, not a poll.
In addition, does this thread apply to you? Are you a devoted player of the classic Graal 2001 Server?

Of course, this won't happen, nor do I have any power to make this happen, but in order to contribute to a hypothetical idea, you should probably give some input rather than a single word response. Why don't you think this would work/be a good idea/etc..?

~Kramer
(11:52:32 PM) Skylar: but seriously noah, you can't even call me a nerd if you took acid and installed azureus

Last edited by Kramer; 10-23-2008 at 11:49 PM..
Old 10-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
Let the dead rest you say?
You really need to say more than "No." This is a discussion forum, not a poll.
As far as I know Rufus is doing his best to finish Graal 2001 (aka Bomy Islands), it's far from dead as you described it.

Quote:
In addition, does this thread apply to you? Are you a devoted player of the classic Graal 2001 Server?
I was a half-dedicated player on the server for a while, can't say I got very far progress wise though. But that's sooo many years ago, no one is a devoted player on it anymore.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Graal2001 Graphics
Good, That's a decent post. I believe Rufus will do his best, and if the case may be revive Bomy Islands, but that's not what I'm referring to (I guess I should have been more clear). I'm referring to the original context of the server (newmain), which at this point has been changed and rechanged to make it what it is today. My proposal is for a revival of what it was, say, a year before kingdoms was released (we must have been doing something right, 100+ players daily).

~Kramer
Old 10-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Master of Puppets
Then I probably don't have a say at all, considering I started late on Graal 2001 (most likely after nations were added)... or well, I don't know, I just know that I stuck on GtA until it went extremely inactive or went down (I can't remember what happened) before playing Graal 2001 seriously.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:22 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Is Rufus using the stuff that Koni was making?
Old 10-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Graal2001 Graphics
It would seem he is salvaging what he can of koni's stuff but a lot of it was rough and unfinished, so i suppose he's working on a lot of new things. At least that's what i've gathered from asking around. Personally, I think koni's art is awesome, and i think rufus holds the same opinion, so I would expect to see a mixture of koni's work and rufus'. Not really on topic though...

~Kramer
Old 10-24-2008, 01:22 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
You mean like those private servers? I don't think that'd fly too well.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:55 AM
Graal2001 Graphics
Yea, i guess we kind of tried that back in the day, and it got all messed up with licensing stuff. I just kind of wish people would look at 2k1 as a separate game then what graal has now become. It's just kind of hard to attract new players if you aren't the awesome new server anymore. The old 2k1 had a certain feel to it that none of the active servers really capture anymore, and I know we had a lot of players that were really into it, so I don't see why it has to feel like an alternative server to play on.

~Kramer
Old 10-24-2008, 07:12 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
You seem to be forgetting how initially successful all of our past attempts with Lance were. I remember at least three different re-releases that held approximately 200-300 players for around a month before interest was slowly lost due to lack of updates in lieu of all effort being moved to debugging.

It was getting frustrating to me, as it was quite apparent each time that the main problem was lack of testing and ability to keep up with the demand while keeping the server functional. It just requires a lot of scripters. That will free up the whole development team to meet requirements for updates.

The last re-release of Lance's was ridiculously promising. Some might remember it. It was a time when a lot of new ideas were being implemented and quite a few of them I was quite fond of. There was some extremely valuable effort put into that project as it was running toe-to-toe with Konidias' one. I for one can say that I put more effort into that one that any previous versions I had worked on. We nearly completely fixed Antora, made new kingdoms and sub-kingdoms and outposts. I had a lot of hope riding on it and it was pretty close...

After all that, I find what I saw completed so far with Contiga as unbelievably astounding and even better than I had hoped. I really liked what had been done with the Pirate Crew's base the most.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Graal2001 Graphics
oh, and we almost had those new bodies, with all the different attributes. Good to see you still around cloud ^_^

~Kramer
Old 09-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Graal2001 Graphics
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
As far as I know Rufus is doing his best to finish Graal 2001 (aka Bomy Islands), it's far from dead as you described it.
A man can dream...

~Kramer
Old 09-18-2010, 03:33 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
A man can dream...
A man can't read a ****ing date in the damn thread. ****.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:25 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
A man can't read a ****ing date in the damn thread. ****.
A man can't bump his own thread because after two year of anticipation, he was met with nothing but let downs