Baszle is on a distinguished road
It's almost just like Graal X tiles.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:08 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
Oh well that's odd. Last time I posted the servers tileset I was getting comments how it wasn't like Era and it was a "New style of modern", and to definately pursue this project. But hey, everyone has different opinions.
the first that caught me was the carpet tiles. why must every server have the carpet tiles with the typical gray outline on them? what is that even supposed to be? era has those 2 gray/light gray carpets with them and ever since then servers have been mimicking it.

the tables look like Era's. then you have the roof vents that look exactly like Era's. on top of that, the wooden tiles to the left of the carpets is just a recolor of Era's. you changed the color 5 different times and added black to them which makes it look horrible.

most of the walls remind me a lot of atrius/graal x.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
those wood tiles are not just recolors. They were started from scratch, but its the only way they can piece together, so I guess you could call them a 'mimic'.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:43 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
those wood tiles are not just recolors. They were started from scratch, but its the only way they can piece together, so I guess you could call them a 'mimic'.
The only way? You got 256 different pixels in a single tile, and you say it's the only way you could make those look like this? You could make them smaller, bigger (might need 2 or more tiles) or chop them up into squares instead of rectangles. Use your imagination ;f
Old 08-05-2008, 01:54 AM
These tiules will be replaced. These are just what we have atm. If anybody did not read the old thread, we are aiming to be different than other styled sets. So if it looks liek that now, it WILL be replaced. But as of right now, I'm more worried about the scripts we need, other than the graphics. I got tons of graphics now, and I need scripts. This is why I would like an NAT to go into this project with me. I mean I thought NATs would eat this offer up, seeing as they can't usually find Graphics Artists to go with their work. And now that i have gotten all tons of graphics done, I still cannot find an NAT. So I'm doing my best with another newer coder to try and script minor things to the best of our knowledge.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:57 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Good luck, Angel.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-05-2008, 01:58 AM
Thank you Ziro, you are more than welcome to stop by anytime you wish!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:15 AM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
I mean I thought NATs would eat this offer up, seeing as they can't usually find Graphics Artists to go with their work. And now that i have gotten all tons of graphics done, I still cannot find an NAT.
Your offer is not appealing. Real artists just can't compete with programmer art.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:18 AM
Ya I figured you'd be back soon enough with something negative to say. Hope you feel better about yourself now that you've gotten that out of your system
Anyways, back to talking about the server, and possibly the hiring of an NAT. (hopefully)
Old 08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Interitus Theme

Ideas and Updates
Interitus has now decided its Theme. It will be a Modern Warfare // Lifestyle server. By Lifestyle I mean you can live in a main city that does not allow PKing and you build up your wealth and status in society. There will be 2 different styles of ranking system, one will be for Warfare, and the other is your status in Society. As you work your way up in each, you will be treated differently by NPCs, access to certain spots, and slightly cheaper prices on goods.

Meanwhile, as you are leveling Warfare, you can build up small bounty's every time you get a kill. Once you die, the bounty's value goes to the player that kills you, and thus making your bounty reset back to '0'. There currently is 12 Ranks to work your way up as, but are not implemented in game yet of course. Seeing as we are now working on the HP and Combat system. The basic leveling system is done however, and will be added to in the near future.

We plan to add skills or abilities you can build up. Once you hit level 6, you get a point, and another each lvl after that, to build up specific skills in Warfare. Yes, there will be skills in your social rank also, but those will be entirely different.

Did I mention that in Warfare there will be two opposite factions? These factions will battle against each other in each of their cities. These 2 small cities that we start with will only be about 8x8 GMaps, but will build into countries over time. Whatever faction you may choose, you get a badge representing your faction that cannot be dropped nor traded.

Last edited by Arch_Angel; 08-05-2008 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: Found an NAT!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
Why would prices go down as you make more money?
Old 08-06-2008, 02:55 AM
That guy with a beard
PrinceOfKenshin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
Why would prices go down as you make more money?
No the prices will go down as your social rank goes up.

Quote:
Game Master (Server): Greetings PrinceOfKenshin, there are new posts on the forums that demand your urgent attention! God speed, the fate of the world is in your hands. If you fail, middle earth will forever be in the darkness and your children will be enslaved by McKain.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:02 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfKenshin View Post
No the prices will go down as your social rank goes up.
Hmm? What do you mean by Social Rank?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Were using the term Social Rank to state your rank in society. Such as your class, whether your an upper/middle/lower, except for more in depth. We are going down into ranks instead of just 3 classes. Such as peasants, Citizens, Officials etc . . . Who knows, maybe we can do Gov't officials for people to ru there own customizable towns or projects on the server, and they get re-elected every year. That would be pushing it a bit, but just trying to further your knowledge in our idea, and help broaden your imagination.

Updates
-HP System is finished
-Basic melee system is finished (along with the hit detection)
-Inventory GFX was made, and is currently being worked on.
-GUI (HUD) is made and put together, needs a couple more icons to go along with it, then pages that pop up according to which button you pressed).
-More GMap levels are getting done for the first Faction, Deviancy Hold.
-Tiles are still being added to the already semi-crowded tile set.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:32 PM
littlekinky has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Why Would angel steal graphics if he can GFX his own Tiles to his standerd and the way he wants them?