Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Mining is not the issue. I've been mining the past week or so, but all I have to show for it is an ak47 (which I'm finding impossible to sell), uzis, and a handgun. I'm broke too.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388 View Post
Mining is not the issue. I've been mining the past week or so, but all I have to show for it is an ak47 (which I'm finding impossible to sell), uzis, and a handgun. I'm broke too.
If people mine constantly it can be an issue.
If you raised the prices of batteries or such, it wouldn't really effect the average miner since you wouldn't use that many... it would only effect those who mine constantly for huge amounts of time.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
If people mine constantly it can be an issue.
If you raised the prices of batteries or such, it wouldn't really effect the average miner since you wouldn't use that many... it would only effect those who mine constantly for huge amounts of time.
If they're willing to waste that much time mining, then all that will do is make them take longer to get cash, not slow them down enough.
Era needs to tax.

Oh, and I finally withdrew more than $100 from my account. You take the $5 out of the amount you're withdrawing? Have you never used an ATM? You take it out of the account =\
Old 08-05-2008, 08:02 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
I have no idea what you're trying to say about ATM's. ATM's don't tax. They just give you a fee(using an ATM at the bank you have an account with doesn't cost you a thing).

Perhaps instead of taxing(which I think is a really bad idea), they can take a % of the money withdrawn from a bank. So those who keep huge amounts in the bank will lose some when they remove it, and possibly discourage them from depositing it.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Banned
Quote:
I have no idea what you're trying to say about ATM's. ATM's don't tax. They just give you a fee(using an ATM at the bank you have an account with doesn't cost you a thing).

Perhaps instead of taxing(which I think is a really bad idea), they can take a % of the money withdrawn from a bank. So those who keep huge amounts in the bank will lose some when they remove it, and possibly discourage them from depositing it.
When did I say the ATM taxed you??I just said that the fee is taken out of the account, not the cash you're withdrawing.

Taxing is a great idea. It's the best way to keep them in check. People would work around atm withdraws by doing small amounts at a time. Taxing the amount in the bank isn't far off. Consider it an income tax, not a tax from the bank.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:07 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I think somebody said it in this thread earlier, this is already done. You loose $5 if you withdraw more than $100. Guess that should be changed a bit, heh.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I think somebody said it in this thread earlier, this is already done. You loose $5 if you withdraw more than $100. Guess that should be changed a bit, heh.
A set rate isn't gonna effect those rich people. It needs to be a percentage. 5[percent]?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Quote:
People would work around atm withdraws by doing small amounts at a time. Taxing the amount in the bank isn't far off. Consider it an income tax, not a tax from the bank.
Limit the amount of withdrawals that can be made in a minute... pretty simple.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Banned
Quote:
Limit the amount of withdrawals that can be made in a minute... pretty simple.
If people have the time to mine all day, they'll have the time for that
You have to do it while it's stored, that's the best method. There can still be a fee, but it should be taken out of the account, not the amount you're withdrawing. And yeah, a percentage isn't a bad idea.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Quote:
If people have the time to mine all day, they'll have the time for that
You have to do it while it's stored, that's the best method. There can still be a fee, but it should be taken out of the account, not the amount you're withdrawing. And yeah, a percentage isn't a bad idea.
Whether or not they do it in small amounts(as long as they don't withdraw small amounts that avoid the fee from rounding), it's still gonna end up being 5[percent].
Old 08-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Banned
Quote:
Whether or not they do it in small amounts(as long as they don't withdraw small amounts that avoid the fee from rounding), it's still gonna end up being 5[percent].
So you're going to take 5 percent from a person trying to withdraw $10?
Why is it so bad to tax a players holdings in the bank? It's the best way to control inflation.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Quote:
So you're going to take 5 percent from a person trying to withdraw $10?
Why is it so bad to tax a players holdings in the bank? It's the best way to control inflation.
Because they have no control over it. If they leave for a while they could end up losing all their money.

At least by giving a 5[percent] fee at an ATM, they can control when and how they'll be 'taxed'

Also, since there are no cents on Era, it would be impossible to fee a person withdrawing $10. There would probably have to be min amounts people can withdraw, or a set rate of $1 at $10 or less.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 08-05-2008 at 09:11 PM..
Old 08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that taxing when withdrawing is better. When you tax the money while it's in the bank, they could just take it out while they aren't playing. They wouldn't lose money if they didn't withdraw anything the other way, but they couldn't do anything with their stored money anyway.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I agree that taxing when withdrawing is better. When you tax the money while it's in the bank, they could just take it out while they aren't playing. They wouldn't lose money if they didn't withdraw anything the other way, but they couldn't do anything with their stored money anyway.
I'm telling you. I had to withdraw $200 today. I did 99, then 99, then 1. People will take the time to beat the system to save money.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
I'm pretty poor on Era. If you tax me I'll never make any money.