Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:28 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Atexia prepares for a public release.

A little bit of information on Atexia can be found here.

Atexia has made a mysterious re-appearance recently. Originally found on the Gileada hub server, Atexia now has come back with its own server and a much bigger plan.

We are planning to move to the hosted section soon to go along with our public release. Before we can do that though, a few things need to be done. So far my list of tasks totals 12 items but 9 of those are things only I can do. The other three you can help with though!

If you ever were given access to the server, you probably remember the 2/3 sized bodies. This is actually going to be changed so that the player is normal sized again. To do this though, all of the graphics must be made to accommodate that. Fortunately, the graphics were needing to be remade anyways so you shouldn't worry about wasted effort. The most important thing to do this task is we need the walls remade.

------------------------------------------

In short, I need just a few graphic artists that are good at drawing 32x32, 32x64 and 64x64 icons as well as a few people that can make some tiles with a pseudo-3D "terrain" element (some already exist, we just need more).

The icons will cover anything from nature objects (trees, bushes, plants), to building objects (walls, fences), to hand-held objects (money, bricks, weapons).

I also need a sound artist to make sounds.

The way the server is set up now allows for multiple worlds. Worlds do not share player data between them, can have different graphics that other worlds and can even have entirely different items. I am currently allowing those who join my small team of staff to have their own world where they can create their own items how ever they want and build their map(s) in any way that they want. In essence, it is like getting your own playerworld.

------------------------------------------

Anyone interested in applying as a graphic artist or sound artist, please feel free to contact me either by forum pm or by one of my contacts linked to in my signature.

Unfortunately, I don't have any screen shots to release until we can get these graphics remade.

The server is named Atexia but will give you a black screen if you do not have access (you can still PM though).

Thank you!
- Zero

Note: This is more of a smaller hiring session. Once the server goes public, I'll be making a new thread with screenshots and videos and many more server promoting elements.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
The way the server is set up now allows for multiple worlds. Worlds do not share player data between them, can have different graphics that other worlds and can even have entirely different items. I am currently allowing those who join my small team of staff to have their own world where they can create their own items how ever they want and build their map(s) in any way that they want. In essence, it is like getting your own playerworld.
Oh man, that's some deal.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:07 AM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
I remember last summer staying up all night on Atexia, ready for this summer?

Being female must be an issue for you every month though, right?
Old 03-13-2008, 03:59 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
I read the description of the server, and I am looking forward to it very much. It reminds me of Kingdom of Loathing, and I've always hoped for a game that takes that style a step further. Good luck!

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 03-13-2008, 04:57 AM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
Actually its a lot like another game.... heh.... heh..

Being female must be an issue for you every month though, right?
Old 03-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
I'll help you out when I have time <3

Don Hertzfeldt <3