Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
List of ALL community names

So since I can't right click someone and get their account name, Now you have to provide a place for the community names that are to be used for adding new members to the kingdoms on Graal Kingdoms. That or you can change it back and stop being dumb for once...

Seriously, adding someone without a community name, or someone that has no clue what a community name is extremely annoying. Not to mention the fact that you just didnt listen in the first place. PEOPLE ARE NOT NUMBERS!!!

Do me a favor, tell Graal677246 how to set a community name, because I have no idea where to even begin.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:44 PM
sdsdfdsfa
ChrizP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ChrizP2P
haha.. completely agree.. 'cept i got post deleted for voicing my opinions about it last time and was called ignorant
Old 09-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrizP2P View Post
haha.. completely agree.. 'cept i got post deleted for voicing my opinions about it last time and was called ignorant
They are unfortunately the only ignorant ones..

They have completely failed to even bother showing people where to set the community names and then find them easily. Not only have they managed to stop most any of the new people from joining a kingdom. They also deny alot of the new updates and bug fixes it really needs. I'm tired of this nonsense...

And no Bjorn, No comments I know all about it...
Old 09-28-2007, 10:21 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
account names are fine, dont know why they went ahead and introduced this community name stuff...

i can't keep track of trials anymore
Old 09-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I don't really see any problem with the community names, if you see some bug then please let us know it. It should be easily understandable that you cannot join a kingdom as trial.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:17 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
The problem is we now have to find out who Graal677246 is and who Graal556432 is, and somehow remember them with those numbers rather than a unique and individual name.

Say you have three members in a kingdom with the same rank. One earns a promotion. We have to take an extra step and remember his/her number to be sure we're doing the right person

It would be far simpler with an account name.

I don't really see any problem with the old account names
Old 09-28-2007, 11:29 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit View Post
PEOPLE ARE NOT NUMBERS!!!
Sure people are, just look at your ID card or diving license

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 09-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Say you have three members in a kingdom with the same rank. One earns a promotion. We have to take an extra step and remember his/her number to be sure we're doing the right person
For what do you need to know their account name/number?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:38 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Identification for one thing
Old 09-28-2007, 11:40 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't the system already working with community names now?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:40 PM
sdsdfdsfa
ChrizP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ChrizP2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think he means you have 3 numbered graal accounts all of whom are the same rank.. he will have to remember the individual numbers to identify the person who earned promotion.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
oh my freaking god, if you will read the first two posts by Reborn, you will know at least 1 reason, also read the posts by Pojo(Kia) if you STILL do not understand

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 09-28-2007, 11:43 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Isn't the system already working with community names now?
Not everyone has one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrizP2P View Post
I think he means you have 3 numbered graal accounts all of whom are the same rank.. he will have to remember the individual numbers to identify the person who earned promotion.
Bingo. Remembering 6 digit numbers and the person they're tied to is frustrating

Last edited by kia345; 09-29-2007 at 12:11 AM..
Old 09-29-2007, 12:48 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Identity. I dont know about everyone else but ever since 2000 I use accounts to double check the identities of people
Old 09-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Graal Administration
I've already said that trials are not supposed to be able to join Kingdoms. You don't need to know any account name to identify kingdom members.
We can eventually add a direct link to set the community name in the server list so that people who have upgraded can easily find it.