Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 10:16 AM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
I would never want to Manage UN, the size of the playerbase and the diversity would drive me nuts.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 03-07-2007, 11:25 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0687 View Post
How is what you said any different from what I said with the exception of you trying to jump all over my **** and look hot on a public forum?
There is no way I am trying to "look hot on a public forum". Do you honestly think people browse these forums and go "oh my, that guy is so cool how he put that other guy down, I want to be just like him!" No. That does not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0687 View Post
A Graalian Developer can lead their own projects just like a NAT or LAT or GFX can, Developers are Multi-talented individuals with more then one specialty and rights to compensate for that, who still answer to the same people NAT LAT and GFX do, including a chosen "Developer Admin".
A "NAT", "LAT", or "GFX" can not actually (in theory) lead a project since they are hired strictly for doing other people's projects. Why do you think developers are often more respected then your run of the mill scripter, tiler or graphic artist? In fact, scripters with almost no talent in tiling or graphics usually become developers simply because they usually have the most devotion to a server compared to others (not saying all scripters that become developers have no other skills though).

Not trying to pick you out personally, dude; just trying to break all these typical Graal fallacies that exist.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
Do you honestly think people browse these forums and go "oh my, that guy is so cool how he put that other guy down, I want to be just like him!" No. That does not happen.
Yes it does.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:58 AM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
Quote:
There is no way I am trying to "look hot on a public forum". Do you honestly think people browse these forums and go "oh my, that guy is so cool how he put that other guy down, I want to be just like him!" No. That does not happen.

It probably doesnt happen exactly like that, but for whatever reason most posters have other posters they look up to for whatever reason.

Sometimes the reason is because someone constantly puts others down and acts cool.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 03-07-2007, 01:49 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Huh, I always thought Developer = LAT, GAT, and NAT
Old 03-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A "NAT", "LAT", or "GFX" can not actually (in theory) lead a project since they are hired strictly for doing other people's projects.
So is a multitalented developer, i dont understand your point yet.

Quote:
Why do you think developers are often more respected then your run of the mill scripter, tiler or graphic artist?
To me they arent, they are all equal. Thats what makes a staff team a good staff team is not putting one person above another just because of a silly title.

Quote:
just trying to break all these typical Graal fallacies that exist.
I just dont know who you are to try to tell everyone else what a graalian developer is when its very obvious that most people would say something similar to what I have said?
Old 03-24-2007, 07:21 PM
TraxxasMaster is on a distinguished road
In my opinion UN staff sucks, Joe could'nt pick good ETs for his life and then Most of the staff just abuse there boots to run on walls so everyone with 100 hours thinks there cool.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:20 AM
klyde15 is on a distinguished road
I don't see anything wrong with the ETs Joe hire. Besides that, we're not forcing you to play on this server, even though you're not supposed to.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:30 PM
SwedishKing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraxxasMaster View Post
In my opinion UN staff sucks, Joe could'nt pick good ETs for his life and then Most of the staff just abuse there boots to run on walls so everyone with 100 hours thinks there cool.
I don't get it, You don't like the UN staff, and the server?
Why are you still creating trials to get able to go on Unholy Nation.
Besides, Joe is problaby the best ETA ever.

stop crying.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishKing View Post
I don't get it, You don't like the UN staff, and the server?
Why are you still creating trials to get able to go on Unholy Nation.
You dont have to like a server to go there and hope for improvement if youve played for a long time and just simply watched it degenerate.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
A "NAT", "LAT", or "GFX" can not actually (in theory) lead a project since they are hired strictly for doing other people's projects. Why do you think developers are often more respected then your run of the mill scripter, tiler or graphic artist? In fact, scripters with almost no talent in tiling or graphics usually become developers simply because they usually have the most devotion to a server compared to others (not saying all scripters that become developers have no other skills though).

Not trying to pick you out personally, dude; just trying to break all these typical Graal fallacies that exist.
No, you are incorrect. Developer is a broad umbrella term that encompasses anybody who develops (such as gfx, levels, scripts, sounds, music, animations, etc). Regarding the subject of members of a development staff having projects, this has always varied from server to server and from playerworld to playerworld. I would say over the years I've gained a fair bit of experience in developing for different playerworlds and not once have I ever seen the use of the term "Developer" as you're using it.

The history of "Developer" is that back in the day on Main Server (or Classic or whatever it's called these days) used to have the LAT (Levels Administrative Team) which was charged with the duty of administrating levels (obviously). Levels were considered a sum of all the tiling, scripts, graphics, and any other material within a level file. For whatever reason, other servers started designating LAT to mean solely tilers, and level work as solely tiling. This caught on and somehow it became the de facto standard for servers. As servers and later playerworlds went on, I guess some people started to realize the best way to run a server is to have all the people developing the stuff to be on a single team (because generally if you could do one thing, you can do the others), which is how the Main server originally ran (all under the umbrella term of LAT). Because these playerworlds didn't misunderstood what a level was, they couldn't use LAT as a term, so they came up with the term "Developers". It's all really been a cycle. A Developer is really a member of a LAT and a member of a LAT is really a developer (with a very narrow responsibility - tiling).

Last edited by Shaun; 03-26-2007 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: added information
Old 03-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Joe does suck. And alot of the UN staff do abuse or it was dama when he worked there dunno havent seen much abuse lately though. I only stay at Un for sparring/events basically.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-31-2007, 08:01 AM
Got Graal?
Dizturbed is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12 View Post
Shut it down and ban everyone that plays/works there? The PWA have been instructed by the management a while ago not to interfere much there because of the high player count, yet they constantly break the code of conduct.
Could you be more specific on which rules they supposedly violate?
Old 03-31-2007, 08:28 AM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Quote:
Old 03-31-2007, 10:01 AM
Classic Developer
Grey will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Grey
Quote:
Closed Thread