Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-28-2006, 12:29 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
That's it!
The first 100 hours are free!

Old 10-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
That's it!
The first 100 hours are free!
I was thinking more along the lines of making a single newbie world wherein Ghosts are given passwords so they don't have to restart every single bloody time they log on - which is certainly hurting the "See how awesome this game is? You should upgrade!" campaign...
It'd be great if Graal could reliably give players x Free Hours to take a full tour, but we all know how that's gonna go...Moostehkrakish signs up 10 accounts, all named Moostehkrakish1-Moostehkrakish10, he plays through each of them until he's at his last 5 minutes, gets a Trainer, then Moostehkrakish1 drops 99,999,999 gralats in whatever equivalent of level14 you like. Then when he gets banned, Moostehkrakish2 does the same thing...better to let them see the world without touching. Believe me, once you've input your password enough times, "Buy the game and never have to remember your password again!" starts looking pretty damn appealing.

We could further discuss Partial Payment Plans and so forth, but that's the sort of thing that belongs in another thread.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 10-28-2006, 02:06 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
If someone makes the banners, my site is ready to host a full banner (468X60), or a tower.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:19 AM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of making a single newbie world wherein Ghosts are given passwords so they don't have to restart every single bloody time they log on - which is certainly hurting the "See how awesome this game is? You should upgrade!" campaign...
It'd be great if Graal could reliably give players x Free Hours to take a full tour, but we all know how that's gonna go...Moostehkrakish signs up 10 accounts, all named Moostehkrakish1-Moostehkrakish10, he plays through each of them until he's at his last 5 minutes, gets a Trainer, then Moostehkrakish1 drops 99,999,999 gralats in whatever equivalent of level14 you like. Then when he gets banned, Moostehkrakish2 does the same thing...better to let them see the world without touching. Believe me, once you've input your password enough times, "Buy the game and never have to remember your password again!" starts looking pretty damn appealing.

We could further discuss Partial Payment Plans and so forth, but that's the sort of thing that belongs in another thread.
There's systems that make doing that a little harder, such as having to have a new email for each account. Also the account can only make 1 trial account per computer id / ip and such.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:37 AM
Psionic Youth
*shrugs* There are ways, but I doubt the higher ups would go for it. Nothing beats a kid with an entire school-lab-classroom full of unattended computers and nothing better to do with his time. Thus, for security concerns, Ghosts ought only be able to read from the server, and not interfere with other players. Should they even be visible? Should they be allowed to speak? *shrugs* It's debatable. But that's another thread.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck

Old 10-28-2006, 09:04 AM
British Guy
pacMASTA has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to pacMASTA Send a message via MSN to pacMASTA
I think this is a good advertisment campeign sign it sums up graalonline
Old 10-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacMASTA View Post
something about this makes even me want to upgrade again.
I think it could work.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacMASTA View Post
Thats cyberjouers?!?!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Banned
Magadal will become famous soon enough
Here you go.

I can redo parts of it if you want, just tell me.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Psionic Youth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magadal View Post
Here you go.

's nice...I don't really see a lot I can say to improve it. It's definitely a start on the Kingdoms campaign...just the question of Should it be Kingdoms, or the Community, or All the worlds advertised at once, or...?

Old 10-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Banned
I can make more banners if you want :]
Old 10-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
why 2 GK ppl D:, suggestion, put a zone person in it, some people might be.attractid by the gunners while some by the medievil stuff;
Old 10-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Psionic Youth
let's use that same style, make alternates for the other worlds, then we can mix and match. Either market different banners to different audiences, or animate it to try and catch the eye of unknown audiences - bah, another medeval, another gun, WHOA WAS THAT AN ORC? AWESOME! You never know.
Someone's gonna say jazz up the middle...but I think the terrain works. You can say too much in an ad, overload the eyes...like how people don't read anything in malls anymore, especially "out of order, use other door" signs, just expect it'll be another ad. Besides, it leaves room for useful information, like Free trial, Free download, New and improved world editor, etc.

A thought...when we have the variations on this theme, maybe have it animate in waves? Like a left-to-right diagonal wipe, so the Knight's looking at a Ninja, then two Ninjas, a Ninja's looking at a Future Crook, a future cop and a crook, future cop and pirate...then we could put a different catchphrase with each scene-change.

I dunno, advertising ain't my forte. Should at least one character be female? I'm not suggesting go the typical Lara Croft, Adventure Quest, IMVU, SpaceWhatsit, GamersArcade, Lookie-Hotness route-while effective, we'd lose out in the long run from people expecting more hotness and less sword-swinging, but it seems it'd balance better with each gender on the banner.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:58 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magadal View Post
Here you go.

the characters themselves are ugly, try to use the best (graphically) armor/items, heads, bodies, etc.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
the characters themselves are ugly, try to use the best (graphically) armor/items, heads, bodies, etc.
Do some for me :]