Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-04-2005, 01:55 AM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Sorry to burst your bubble Excalibur, but he's right, infact, he's amazingly right.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:14 AM
Delterian
Taevas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Taevas
I also agree with Mykel.

Old 11-04-2005, 05:06 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel
You don't understand what I'm saying. Let's say that your playerworld was put on the classic playerlist today. After a week you would have an average player-base of less than 5.
For what reasons? btw, I still haven't released the koolest, most origional part of DR yet and to those who have only recently gotten a VIP account, to make a playerworld perhaps? It would explain why you judge DR without playing it. Let me tell you something-the masses are asses. You can't belive what you hear from those who don't know much themselves. Rely only on your own oppinion, play DR a bit. You'll see
Old 11-04-2005, 05:09 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
I still haven't released the koolest, most origional part of DR yet
I am sure that it will change all of our minds.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:18 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:
For what reasons? btw, I still haven't released the koolest, most origional part of DR yet and to those who have only recently gotten a VIP account, to make a playerworld perhaps? It would explain why you judge DR without playing it. Let me tell you something-the masses are asses. You can't belive what you hear from those who don't know much themselves. Rely only on your own oppinion, play DR a bit. You'll see
The masses are asses? Did you get that from one of your mass-produced emo songs?

Listen, I was nice before, and then you had to come back at me with that, so I'm done being nice.

Your server sucks. The levels are horrible and even the GFX and Scripting aren't anything special. You have shown no originality, and have shown nothing that would entice anyone to play your server. At this point, the only reason I would play is to laugh at the reasoning you spent $99.

Back off. There is not one single person that wants to play on levels that look like that. When people say that they like the 'classic' look, they are most likely not referring to that. That is rediculous. Those are absolutely horrid.

And guess what? Until you learn to take constructive critisism, not only will your piece of crap server not go anywhere, none of any of your future endeavors will either if you don't learn to take a little advice from some people that have been in your sitation before, jackass.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:18 AM
Level Maker
Genesis is on a distinguished road
Guys let him at least have his hope dont take that away....
Old 11-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
I could so bash the living crap out of this playerworld, but I won't since the manager seems like a nice person.

Excal, there is so much I could tell you about that needs improvement on your playerworld, but I'm not going to go into detail.

Consider my advice.
Scrap this overworld and forget about GS2 for now if you can't handle it.
Get yourself a level generator and generate a small overworld and then use path and detail generators to detail your world. Then do some planning on where you want to go with this overworld.

To you guys putting in the effort to bash Exacl's world. Some of you develop on better playerworlds, but the sad thing is most of your playerworlds won't make it to the serverlist either.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis
Guys let him at least have his hope dont take that away....
I tried that, and I tried to nicely suggest some things that he could change. Then when he dismissed that I told him that he PW needs changing or it wasn't going anywhere. Then when he said 'the masses are asses' I then told him exactly what I thought.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
You know, Excal is getting better. He is learning more and more every day.
Someday, with practice, and determination, and maybe some positive encouragement, his PW might be great.
No one who is in any kind of Development, has started off being great. We all had to work at it for a long time, and one of the best things was to see ourselves progress.

My suggestion to you, Excal:
Listen to those giving you constructive feedback, and advice, and ignore those who bash you, and simply say your PW sucks, and you should just quit.
Don't ever just quit, and give up, you will regret it later.
If you decide that it is time to stop doing it, then that is different, but don't let the Graal community drive you away.
There are people who know Development, that give you constructive advice. Read it, take notes, look at tutorials, look at other PW's work, and practice alot.
You will continue to learn, and get better...
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 11-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel
The masses are asses? Did you get that from one of your mass-produced emo songs?

Listen, I was nice before, and then you had to come back at me with that, so I'm done being nice.

Your server sucks. The levels are horrible and even the GFX and Scripting aren't anything special. You have shown no originality, and have shown nothing that would entice anyone to play your server. At this point, the only reason I would play is to laugh at the reasoning you spent $99.

Back off. There is not one single person that wants to play on levels that look like that. When people say that they like the 'classic' look, they are most likely not referring to that. That is rediculous. Those are absolutely horrid.

And guess what? Until you learn to take constructive critisism, not only will your piece of crap server not go anywhere, none of any of your future endeavors will either if you don't learn to take a little advice from some people that have been in your sitation before, jackass.

Mykel is actually being nice in this statement. There could be a whole lot more said about this horrible server. I have said it was bad since day 1. Excal is about 5 years to late for his kind of server. People now what creative servers. They want serves with stuff they haven't seen before. I don't mean like a cool weapon that explodes in 4 different spots on the screen. They want original, graphical and well scripted servers.

I wouldn't play this server with Googi's hands.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Maybe I should be nice since I am supporting developing playerworlds.

Though Mykel and the other people who posted within this thread are correct. You do need to improve the playerworld to survive on the Classic tab. Sure you might be able to get to the Hosted tab, though a lot of playerworlds can get to the Hosted tab if applied and have a project worth showing that will show a bit of potential.

You need to listen to the advice given by the people who have viewed your project, because that's what a game is all about. You can't just ignore comments and suggestions and base it on completely what you want and what you feel about your project. Of course you'll be happy with your project because YOU MADE IT. That doesn't mean others will be happy with your project.

Listen to what people say, it'll be helpful towards you.

Another comment, you may be going for the classic feel, but that doesn't mean the classic feel is only the looks of the level. The classic feel is all about gameplay, which a game is about. So quit using that as an excuse.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:36 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
the levels are improving, and we are adding brand new features that have not only not been seen on graal, but also not on other online games. And also, I will not quit, I'll probably be playing long after you all have quit so I CAN guarentee that, even if DR isn't ready for the clasic tab yet, it wil be eventually. And mykel, sorry if you took what I said the wrong way, the masses are asses thing was to the people who are saying DR is horrible, just becuase they want to fit in with the crowd.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Quote:
the levels are improving, and we are adding brand new features that have not only not been seen on graal, but also not on other online games. And also, I will not quit, I'll probably be playing long after you all have quit so I CAN guarentee that, even if DR isn't ready for the clasic tab yet, it wil be eventually. And mykel, sorry if you took what I said the wrong way, the masses are asses thing was to the people who are saying DR is horrible, just becuase they want to fit in with the crowd.
Eh, good luck.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:50 AM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
It's not a matter of fitting in to the crowd. Until now, no one has had the heart to tell you how much the project needs improving, but your plain ignorance to other people's comments and critique has niggled at alot of people to breaking point.

Take advice man. Look at other people's works, and develop on a GOOD style.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:33 AM
Methril is on a distinguished road
Quote:
the levels are improving, and we are adding brand new features that have not only not been seen on graal, but also not on other online games. And also, I will not quit, I'll probably be playing long after you all have quit so I CAN guarentee that
"probably" does not = "guarentee"