Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-02-2005, 07:22 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Aeon Announcement!: Nsc

Some of you may or may not have heard of a new upcoming world on Aeon called NSC (Nerf Space Station). Most of you most likely know nothing other than it's name, or even nothing. But here today I am going to disclose information which has been told to no one put trusted Aeon Staff and a select few others.

First, a sypnosis of what NSC is to be:
NSC is a hyper-futuristic space station set hundreds of years from now. Technology is at what seems to be it's peak and people fight their battles in robot arena's. On NSC you will find shops to buy every single part to maximize customization so chances are you wont be up against a mech like yours in a robot arena. Of course robots are not all of NSC's concern. There will be many quests outside of your robot, and you can spend your time exploring the 7 decks or NSC. Even going out into space in a space suit. On NSC are portals to different points in time and space, the other worlds of Aeon. NSC is essentially the heart of Aeon, and its starting point. Once the great endeavor of NSC is finished we wholeheartedly hope that you will enjoy it.

We plan to work all this week to hopefully get a public demo of one of the decks by the end of this week. I make no guartee's tho.

One proublem though...
We are short of staff working on NSC. We have 5 people working on it:
Tyreal (Server Admin) - Lead Design
Napo (Manager) - Lead Scripting
Me, Vash-Aniki (GAT Admin) - Lead Graphics, some development work
Cloud (GAT) - Graphics
Akeron (GAT) - Graphics

NSC plans to use some of the best graphics, level design, and scripting to be seen on graal so for NSC to be done will take much time. In fact, Tyreal has been working on NSC for 2 years now! Just lately have other people been working on it. NSC is hopefully set to be finished an 4 to 6 months.

Everything in this thread is subject to change, since we are in development, names, parts of the sypnosis and other things could change. Also a more thourough and accurate explaination is to come from Tyreal.

Now, I hope you will enjoy a taste of what to expect to see on NSC(Another post folowing this will have screenshots. Also all graphics shown are prone to improvement/changing in the final product.):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ae_nsc_buygui.gif
Views:	108
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	33771  
Attached Images

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts

Last edited by coreys; 10-02-2005 at 07:43 AM..
Old 10-02-2005, 07:24 AM
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
here are some screenshots:
(Also on a side note, the "NSC TEAM" you see in the graphics I've posted are a precaution, Atrius has tried to steal our idea already)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nsc_screenshot_1.gif
Views:	174
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	33776   Click image for larger version

Name:	nsc_screenshot_2.gif
Views:	133
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	33777  

Quote:
Old 10-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Maloria Staff
goalieboy_01 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to goalieboy_01
I think this planet should use NERF guns to go with the name.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:34 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys
here are some screenshots:
(Also on a side note, the "NSC TEAM" you see in the graphics I've posted are a precaution, Atrius has tried to steal our idea already)
1) You dont know what you are talking about do you? Before you start sprouting more lies you should note Atrius is down becuse Madj had some IRL issues. (Not being worked on currently)

2) After the servers worth of GFX you stole from Atrius, Era, and Graal X they all should have the right to use your retarded idea... (yes editing is still stolen)

3) Atrius did not have anymore worlds in there server besides there modern one...So care to say how your idea was stolen, or "almost" stolen?

4) Pick a idea and stick with it! What ever happind to that pirate overworld Aeon was working on?

5) It seems you just compleatly rip your "ideas" from other existing servers (besides the pirate one that never was finished...shows what you can do without a example eh?) but to stay on topic your newest "Idea" Looks alot like...hmm what was that server on the gold tab..oh wait ZONE! Your other idea is a pure Era rip...and your classic overworld (if you can call it that :-/) and your classic server was/is UN...
Old 10-02-2005, 08:48 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Hey look, guns...
Old 10-02-2005, 10:50 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Zone Wannabe.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Zone didn't have robots did it? This is trying to be a different concept. In zone you warped down to other planets and such and fought there, and from what I could tell never really did much of anything on the space station. The focus with NSC is, of course, the space station.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2005, 03:47 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Define robots.
And ew, I don't like it.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:23 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys
Zone didn't have robots did it? This is trying to be a different concept. In zone you warped down to other planets and such and fought there, and from what I could tell never really did much of anything on the space station. The focus with NSC is, of course, the space station.
Zone did and does have robots. The space station looks too much like Zone's uh "waiting" area. But waiting I mean the lobbies and stuff.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Fogles is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fogles
None of you have seen the robots, and the whole world itself, so don't make comments when you don't know what you are talking about.

Personally i have seen the world, it's amazing..way better than Zone..once it's done.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:36 PM

Also I posted a picture of the robots. And by robots I mean like mechs (small size, not like a Gundam huge thing). You buy each little part to customize your robots. And this idea has been going for nsc for bout 2 years now, so it WAS original @_@.

And since when did Zone have robots like I'm talking about? o_O

Quote:
Old 10-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Owner - Kudosai
DarkFireXZ3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to DarkFireXZ3 Send a message via AIM to DarkFireXZ3 Send a message via MSN to DarkFireXZ3 Send a message via Yahoo to DarkFireXZ3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
Hi Zone Wannabe.
Zone is quite Different, it doesn't really come up with the same storyline with robots and etc. it just has a space station that sends you off to some odd place to fight, I think this idea would go through very well.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
ewwww. :/
Be more original and stop being biters. Damn try hard wannabes with their copycat servers.

You all stole from each other you newbs.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:10 AM
If you had read the other posts other than the first one you could see that NSC isn't any copycat idea...

Quote:
Old 10-03-2005, 04:32 PM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
I usually bite my tongue and let things go when people start directing their negative attention at my server. Though I suppose I could come to defend it and not let it defend itself.

Firstly spend time there before you pass judgement, I dont mean log on look and go I mean play interact. You can only truly judge a server by how its run and how it works. Call it copying call it stealing call it whatever. For years and years others try to improve upon what others have created. We are not taking anyones direct ideas nor are we trying to steal others success. We are simply putting into effect things that work well and trying to improve them and the experience for players.

You talk of stealing oh yes Zelda Online was a great and original idea. First they stole it outright almost then they improved it over time. We attempted to skip the first part and go right to improvement, but as no-one person can control the actions of people miles away some things slip through. We have not taken any fresh from the mind ideas and put them in or we'd have a western server too. If you dont like it dont play it, ignore it if you must but dont come and attack it when you dont understand it.

Everyone working on Aeon is dedicated to make it a better place for people to play and dedicated to making the best of what graal has to offer. Ideas come from inspiration and people get inspired by their surroundings is it so difficlut to figure that with 100's of server they will all eventually start to look the same in some way or another. To be copies we'd need the exact of everything but we dont hold that and never will.

We are our own entity influenced by what others enjoy yes, but trying to be the others no. Its quite simple. Most people just dont take the time to see the whole picture. NSC is the core you will eventually start there then you can travel wherever you want Arkland(RP) Elan (Classic) Opan (Modern) from NSC(Future) AEON. We may in time add more. As is though we already have more than enough to do with the 4 areas. I'd like to someday maybe add in some other ages in time. The 50's maybe. Or prehistoric times. Though for now we'll stick to what we know and have yet to work on. And when we are satisfied there maybe we'll have time to add more. Who knows the possibilities are quite endless.

-[email protected]