Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Stokell Perseus
Stokell88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Events Coins

Can someone explain to me the point of winning events coins, only to be able to buy things like gas and shurikens?

As we all know, nothing worth spending your ECs on is ever stocked, and probably won't be for a long time. But why? Other servers don't do this, i'm sure they don't even have a limit on the items, but you have to save up more events coins / points to get the better items.

The whole point of winning events coins seems pointless, i think there should be either more things available, for more events coins, or stock some of the current items and give them a price tag of 1000EC. It gives players something to work towards, and would make events busier.

Like i said, as it currently stands, all the players can trade their ECs for is things they don't want, such as bubblegum, cigarettes, throwing knives, and shurikens. I'm sure someone has some initiative and could come up with a better system.

Opinions?
You last visited: 10-17-2004 at 07:39 PM

-------------------------------------------

Confirmed Private Message Receipts (1)
Sent to: Stefan
Graal Online HQ

Message Sent Date : 10-16-2004 / 06:06 PM

Message Read Date : 09-22-2007 / 09:08 PM

Old 03-11-2009, 04:11 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I agree with ya. But I think it would be a bad idea to stock some of the rare items. Idk maybe we should get some new ec items.

Maybe some one could throw out some suggestions. I can't think of anything atm
Old 03-11-2009, 04:14 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
It's also funny that the items you buy with EC are banned in events. Doesn't make any sense at all.

If they were to implement high costing event items, they need to be undroppable. This way players can't save up event coins, buy a rare item, and then get rich off of it.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Stokell Perseus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
If they were to implement high costing event items, they need to be undroppable. This way players can't save up event coins, buy a rare item, and then get rich off of it.
Agreed

Graal Online HQ

Old 03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Just a thought, but what do you think of this?
A 10 min spy on any guild "/toguild or /tg" it could be very useful to spy on BB while they are raiding BH. So BH could know what to exspect.

Just a small thought, I'm trying to think of something useful that would be nice to spend ec on =D
Old 03-11-2009, 04:37 PM
xChugxLifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Just a thought, but what do you think of this?
A 10 min spy on any guild "/toguild or /tg" it could be very useful to spy on BB while they are raiding BH. So BH could know what to exspect.

Just a small thought, I'm trying to think of something useful that would be nice to spend ec on =D
if they know that there's a possibility they're being spied on, I think they would use other means of communication, such as vent which is very popular these days.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Stokell Perseus
Anyone else think it would be a good idea for add-ons for guns? You know, that give you more spread, less spread, better fire rate... etc

Graal Online HQ

Old 03-11-2009, 04:57 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
if they know that there's a possibility they're being spied on, I think they would use other means of communication, such as vent which is very popular these days.
Oh right forgot about that.

Yes to add ons, it sounds like a decent idea. I know for the fn2k there are already gfx for posible add ons. But a lot of guns might need new gfx. Or maybe the ec shop could release a new gun and just that one gun could could have an option for a couple addons.

Eh, I like the idea not sure how to do it.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:05 PM
retired graal veteran
k_killar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to k_killar
and who wants to buy fake cigs and stupid bubble gum gani LuL shurikens and knives
Old 03-11-2009, 11:12 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I agree with you. There are only a few items in the EC shop worth getting, and most are just aesthetics. Once you do that, there are only a few items that you will continually need to buy, and virtually none that you want to buy.

The solution isn't to simply stock a bunch of axes/bamboos/etc, but to find a better way to reward players with events.

Perhaps a way to turn event coins into money or something else that players can use; I don't really like the idea of just making them sellable to some NPC.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:15 PM
xChugxLifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I agree with you. There are only a few items in the EC shop worth getting, and most are just aesthetics. Once you do that, there are only a few items that you will continually need to buy, and virtually none that you want to buy.

The solution isn't to simply stock a bunch of axes/bamboos/etc, but to find a better way to reward players with events.

Perhaps a way to turn event coins into money or something else that players can use; I don't really like the idea of just making them sellable to some NPC.
Event coins and event items should be completely separate from the economy.

The items that are sold also shouldn't be too powerful. Event items should be a novelty. Some items are used in PK but don't give too great of an advantage like a flak cannon does.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:31 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Event coins and event items should be completely separate from the economy.

The items that are sold also shouldn't be too powerful. Event items should be a novelty. Some items are used in PK but don't give too great of an advantage like a flak cannon does.
I agree with you completely. The problem is more or less finding items that aren't incredibly lame, and that players still would work for/be motivated to acquire.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Danny Dynasty
Tytan is on a distinguished road
I agree, and being ETA i asked Deophite, he told me not to stock anything, i think it is pretty useless to save up your EC's for so long then not be able to buy anything but worthless gas and ammo for stuff you cant use, We(as in me and Nas) are working on some new event prizes and such that wont be like weapons and such, mayeb a few, but also some like little toys and stuff.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:41 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
yah... but now theres the boomer out for 150 perfect logs... 1 perfectlog = 500$ 150x 500 = 75k...
so yah "boomers are no longer rare.. nor worth 2mil
Old 03-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Danny Dynasty
Tytan is on a distinguished road
Lol boomers shouldnt have been made a Logging item without permission from myself or something lol. thats such a dumb idea if you ask me. If i cant stock them why should they be an item in the dumb store.