Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Graal Kingdoms Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-06-2009, 02:02 AM
Drakeero will become famous soon enough
Special Event: Rum Run

The word's out that the Misty Mug Tavern has negotiated a deal with the Crescent Pirates for a bunch of pirate rum. The deal is pretty good and will involve some event prizes. [maybe, maybe even kingdom event points if enough people show up to impress Maroku.] This is currently scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 10. Probably early afternoon EST.

The idea of the event is simple. The pirates try to sail some rum up from their island to the the dock next to MMT and then trade the rum over for cool lootz. It is currently undecided whether this is going to be a solo or a team event. It's probably going to be a team event.

Now, if you could steal the rum on the way up... maybe you could get a share of the loot or even just keep the rum for yourself.

The rum will be divided among one or more ships depending on participation. The rum will be stored in locked barrels. You can either trade the locked barrel in for the prize at Bomboria, or sell the barrel to the claim rum for a prize yourself.

Here are the rules:

1: You can only board the pirate trade ship by slamming into it and hopping over. Then you must pick up the barrel and HOP BACK onto your ship. Unsticking or jumping into the water to warp back is not allowed. The rum will be considered "lost" and you are obligated to return it.

2: Ship to ship combat is allowed, however if the pirate ship holding the rum is sunk the pirates will get a point anyway to discourage bad sportsmanship. This point can be traded in for a prize in place of the barrel.

3: The barrel of rum cannot be held in inventory other then when its being carried from one ship to the other ship. If the ship you are on docks at the destination, the captain [or crew] of that ship gets the point even if you are on the opposing team. You are obligated to turn the barrel over to the winner. If you successfully capture the rum and are back on your own ship you must proceed down to the hold of the ship and place the barrel there.

4: Although creativity is encouraged, there may be certain techniques that have not been thought of, but will be considered unfair or inappropriate for the spirit of the event. By choosing to participate [and by trying something new] you are obligated to accept any last minute or in progress changes to the rules. Since it is usually impossible to rewind an event or even to redo it [for time restraints] if one of the rounds gets screwed up too horribly it may likely be considered a null event and the rum may not be worth a prize. In this case, you are obligated to turn the barrel over to the events team.

----------------------------------------------------------
Question #1: If we have to put the rum down into the hold of your ship, what keeps the pirates from just grabbing it back?

Answer: Alright, you can hold the rum in your inventory long enough for the ships to untangle each other. After which, you -should- really really put it down. If a pirate has indeed followed you over, and can indeed pick up the rum, he will have to wait until his ship can tangle with yours again before he can run back over with it. "Stealbacks" will be a little easier since you may only need to crash your ships once rather then twice. If you reach the finish line [the docks in bomboria] it doesn't matter if the pirate still has it. He is obligated to turn it over to you.

Last edited by Drakeero; 01-06-2009 at 02:24 AM..
Old 01-06-2009, 02:06 AM
broudthegreat is an unknown quantity at this point
when
Old 01-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I can see this event turning to **** in matter of minutes due to stupid people. Like how most events like this do. Cool idea for event though sounds fun.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
I can see this event turning to **** in matter of minutes due to stupid people. Like how most events like this do. Cool idea for event though sounds fun.
Bug Tig to make the pillories more effective [I'm noticing a hideous number of escapees] as well as add more for the next quarterly update.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
Let me know if you need any help. If I'm around I'll definitely help you out .
Old 01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeltino View Post
Let me know if you need any help. If I'm around I'll definitely help you out .
Well, I'll need ship captains for the pirates. Even if participation is low I don't individuals will work. You'll need at minimum one captain and one person to shoot and/or board the enemy if ship.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
sounds nice!
somone record the event and put it on youtube
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 01-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds nice but i'd like an actual time, not probably early afternoon EST. Way too vague, some of us have plans theyd like to make way for.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Sounds nice but i'd like an actual time, not probably early afternoon EST. Way too vague, some of us have plans theyd like to make way for.
As Shrimps has his concerns about people ruining it. I have my concerns of getting screwed over by servercount.

Right now I don't expect this even to be over fast. It'll probably take awhile to get everyone to shut up and stop running around hitting each other. It usually takes 10 minutes on a good day. It feels like half an hour on a bad day.

Anyway, I'd rather not try to force a big event for 15 slightly interested people and then have 28 bored people show up a few hours later. Right now though, I'm aiming to try to start at about 1:00 PM EST. Although it might take until 2:00 before anything really good happens.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeero View Post
As Shrimps has his concerns about people ruining it. I have my concerns of getting screwed over by servercount.

Right now I don't expect this even to be over fast. It'll probably take awhile to get everyone to shut up and stop running around hitting each other. It usually takes 10 minutes on a good day. It feels like half an hour on a bad day.

Anyway, I'd rather not try to force a big event for 15 slightly interested people and then have 28 bored people show up a few hours later. Right now though, I'm aiming to try to start at about 1:00 PM EST. Although it might take until 2:00 before anything really good happens.
Sounds like a good time, you know to make sure you get participation, having people sign their teams up on the forums is a good idea. And you can advertise the event in-game, and take down teams there seeing as some people can't log onto forums.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Ok, here's my idea of a team.

1 captain, 1 gunner/rum runner.

I believe that to be quite optimistic and we may have to make do with less.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Drakeero you should listen to Majin. Its a good idea to announce the event in game and more then once. Maybe once or twice a day (at different times).
Old 01-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeero View Post
Ok, here's my idea of a team.

1 captain, 1 gunner/rum runner.

I believe that to be quite optimistic and we may have to make do with less.
I agree, teams of two would be better, attract more teams and easier to distribute prizes. I'd begin announcing it in-game today, around peak times every 30mins or so when you can.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
>:O! Sounds like a great event, nice changes made since you told me the idea.

RUM! COOKIES! RUMCOOKIES!...
Old 01-08-2009, 01:10 AM
The face of the Earth.
Vincent3313 is on a distinguished road
I'll join.