Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 02:30 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
Lending of Items

Apparently there has been some confusion between players and staff regarding the rules about lending items to other players, so I am here to clarify. Since scamming is legal, lending item's to other players is done at your own risk.

It should only be done between people whom you really trust. You should not ask a GP or an Admin to watch a lending trade because it defeats the purpose of the scamming rules, and if you end up losing an item you let someone borrow it will NOT be restored.
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 12-02-2008, 02:51 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
So if A staff lent me a item, and I refuse to return it, then it will not be restored, correct?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:52 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRenji View Post
So if A staff lent me a item, and I refuse to return it, then it will not be restored, correct?
No, I will personally return it if you scam one of my staff members.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:53 AM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
Only idiots get scammed because they don't use the trade system or fail to trade with intelligent actions.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:57 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
Quote:
No, if you have read the rules on the news gui then you would know that you cannot scam a staff member. But staff can't scam players either.
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 12-02-2008, 02:58 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
You guys don't understand that the point of "no scamming staff" is not so that staff members can be careless, but so they can do what needs to be done. If they want to lend out an item to someone to test, and that person refuses to give it back, why shouldn't they be able to remove it by force?

If an Events Team member lends you a gun in an event, of course you should be expected and forced to give it back should you refuse.

It just makes sense.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:16 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I don't see why scamming should be legal at all, it's stupid. All it does is promote a dirty community.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 12-02-2008, 07:24 AM
LAT
DKH89 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DKH89 Send a message via MSN to DKH89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I don't see why scamming should be legal at all, it's stupid. All it does is promote a dirty community.
Agreed.

Scamming shouldn't be legal. One of my Ex girl friends brother use to play all the time, and he would basically scam 24/7.

Scamming bing legal is stupid. There are a bunch of 12 and 13 year old kids who play this game and can easily get tricked.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
You guys don't understand that the point of "no scamming staff" is not so that staff members can be careless, but so they can do what needs to be done. If they want to lend out an item to someone to test, and that person refuses to give it back, why shouldn't they be able to remove it by force?

If an Events Team member lends you a gun in an event, of course you should be expected and forced to give it back should you refuse.

It just makes sense.
What if a staff member gets scammed by lending out one of their personal items. Should they be reinbursted?
Old 12-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Lv
Its not fair GPs and staff are immune to scamming while nobody else is, they can just lend anything out and crap...

And I agree with Tig, scamming sucks.

When you have someone who pretends to be your friend for months just so they can scam you... thats when something is wrong x.x
Old 12-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
/withTig
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 12-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Scamming's fun especially if you get something good out of it!
Old 12-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Since every single item trade is logged (I assume, otherwise, shame on you!) it shouldn't be rocket science to revert trades, thus preventing scamming to some extent.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 12-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Lv
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Since every single item trade is logged (I assume, otherwise, shame on you!) it shouldn't be rocket science to revert trades, thus preventing scamming to some extent.
There would be WAAAY to many trades to change back, and they could keep getting worse...

player1 got a PBP, then traded it to player 2, who traded it to player 3 and it would keep going
Old 12-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
There would be WAAAY to many trades to change back, and they could keep getting worse...

player1 got a PBP, then traded it to player 2, who traded it to player 3 and it would keep going
Could make a script that tracks the path of an item and then revert them plus all the other item paths it crossed on the way there. Maybe not possible with Era's system, but it is with mine, and I would expect no less on a server such as Era.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Closed Thread