Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-27-2008, 03:04 AM
GP Asst. Admin
FenixTheBanished is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FenixTheBanished
Lack of Events

There seems to be a major lack of events or activities that staff members are doing. I am not sure why this is, but I have seen nearly no events being done since the week of Halloween, which was almost a month ago. The only ones I have seen are some by Plasma and the "big event" called 'Murder'. Maroku has hosted a couple raffles but that is mostly it. There used to be events almost daily or close enough so that people had things to look forward to and enjoy. I would like to see, and I am sure I am not the only one, more events or activities being held to pull more people to play our server. Just a thought, hope it gets heeded.

-Fenix

Last edited by FenixTheBanished; 11-27-2008 at 05:10 AM..
Old 11-27-2008, 03:52 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
I told Maroku to rehire me because the EMs suck. I'm apparently not allowed to tell him what to do.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:08 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
We have begun a events schedule, which guarantees a specific number of events at specific times. This schedule doesn't limit events to those times, but instead guarantees that an event will occur - so that you may be ready and expect it.

Half an hour previous to the creation of this thread, there was a large series of events held. It's hardly reasonable to expect the EMs to create a new event every week, or they would spend less time hosting the "regular" events and more working on their new ones.

I have encouraged our events team to be creative, while asking them to keep a priority to their existing schedules. I think if anything, we have created a much more stable events environment - all events are logged, their winners logged, and the prizes given away without any actual decrease in the previous events schedule.

In closing, what I'm suggesting is that this is a error of expectations, and that while at least maintaining the previous level of events, we have increased and regulated events from their previous state.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:43 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
We have begun a events schedule, which guarantees a specific number of events at specific times. This schedule doesn't limit events to those times, but instead guarantees that an event will occur - so that you may be ready and expect it.
Me and Pat had like 30 events a week with half decent prizes before this ****ty "LOLSCHEDULES" idea came up. Give the EMs a loaded bag and say "host it all this week or you're fired".
Old 11-27-2008, 05:59 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Me and Pat had like 30 events a week with half decent prizes before this ****ty "LOLSCHEDULES" idea came up. Give the EMs a loaded bag and say "host it all this week or you're fired".
Quote:
I guess you didn't read the first paragraph in the post you were responding to.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:54 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
It would be good if kingdoms could host more events, but it's hard to get the word out to members since most don't read the forums (though I'm trying to build a database of Zormite E-Mails/AIM names to remedy this). It might be a good idea to let each kingdom to appoint a person to receive an EM tag. Maybe even two if they can demonstrate a timezone need. The kingdom EM wouldn't be able to pillory. They wouldn't be given an events bag, but they would be able to host server-wide events (funded by themselves or the kingdom) for kingdom publicity/recruitment.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTheBanished View Post
I am not sure why this is, but I have seen nearly no events being done since the week of Halloween, which was almost a month ago. The only ones I have seen are some by Plasma and the "big event" called 'Murder'. Maroku has hosted a couple raffles but that is mostly it.
I done that big Hotaru Tourement a week ago, and a pretty decent buried treasure event the other weekend.
And I'll be doing Soccer and Hockey this weekend too.

Quote:
I told Maroku to rehire me because the EMs suck.
Thanks a bunch.

Old 11-27-2008, 04:19 PM
GP Asst. Admin
FenixTheBanished is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FenixTheBanished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
I done that big Hotaru Tourement a week ago, and a pretty decent buried treasure event the other weekend.
And I'll be doing Soccer and Hockey this weekend too.

Thanks a bunch.
Yes, but I am speaking on a more small scale, not big touranments or anything of that sort, because those are needed and fun and spice things up, it doesnt help with the day to day where for a week you have a couple events when before we would have some almost every day. Now im not saying this to try to flood the economy with ecs or w/e else prizes, but it helps with people wanting to be on because clearly, after you get to how long you and i have played, there is not anything in the game that you havent already done 100x over. So it just helps people wanna play when they are in an event and compete against each other.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:21 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
I guess you didn't read the first paragraph in the post you were responding to.
I wasn't so much as replying to your post, but replying to the schedule itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
Thanks a bunch.
That's why I love you so much, you're so forgiving <3
Old 11-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTheBanished View Post
Yes, but I am speaking on a more small scale, not big touranments or anything of that sort, because those are needed and fun and spice things up, it doesnt help with the day to day where for a week you have a couple events when before we would have some almost every day. Now im not saying this to try to flood the economy with ecs or w/e else prizes, but it helps with people wanting to be on because clearly, after you get to how long you and i have played, there is not anything in the game that you havent already done 100x over. So it just helps people wanna play when they are in an event and compete against each other.
There are events daily.
Quote:
I wasn't so much as replying to your post, but replying to the schedule itself.
The schedule doesn't limit events; it simply guarantees there'll be at least one event at a specific and dependable time.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
There should be Events Masters for each Kingdoms, if only GK had a bit more players
Old 11-28-2008, 12:21 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
There should be Events Masters for each Kingdoms, if only GK had a bit more players
I don't see why Kingdoms need Events Masters. Any member of a kingdom can host an event in a kingdom not just the leader. I know when Sam was Events Admin he told the current Events Masters to use the event rights to help with kingdom events.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:04 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
The schedule doesn't limit events; it simply guarantees there'll be at least one event at a specific and dependable time.
There shouldn't have to be a guarantee. EM's should be constantly active and should host whenever they're on with prizes. It's not like they where coerced into the job, they volunteered to spend their time hosting, that's how they should be spending most of their time on Kingdoms.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:33 AM
Boom!
Quote:
There shouldn't have to be a guarantee. EM's should be constantly active and should host whenever they're on with prizes. It's not like they where coerced into the job, they volunteered to spend their time hosting, that's how they should be spending most of their time on Kingdoms.
We only chose EMs who were interested. They're not "coerced", they were asked.

That at specific times so players know they can depend on an event at that specific time & day every week. It's fairly simplistic.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:38 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
I don't see why Kingdoms need Events Masters. Any member of a kingdom can host an event in a kingdom not just the leader. I know when Sam was Events Admin he told the current Events Masters to use the event rights to help with kingdom events.
If an EM had to find another EM and host all their events through them, do you think they would host more or fewer events than if they could host them themselves?