Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What do you think? (Go see how much you get per kill before voting)
Should be returned to original EXP 10 55.56%
Should stay the same EXP as it is now 4 22.22%
Not sure 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:27 PM
GP Asst. Admin
FenixTheBanished is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FenixTheBanished
Angry Vanir's Hollow needs to be set the way it was.

Okay. When Vanir's Hollow first came out the day before Halloween I was absolutely ecstatic. Since then the Zombies were first Bile-able for people around level 50+phys level. This seems completely adequate because the bile ability is for those who are higher in level to have the ability to kill things in one hit. Now after Tig saw that that was possible he made them COMPLETELY unbileable. When I killed them at this time I received 2.9k~ per zombie kill. That means that even when this first came out they gave LESS experience then a Lord does that you can tract around main on a constant basis. From Lords I get anywhere from 2.9k-5k. Zombies can kill players like me, that have dual rows - 30str,30dex,27con if I am not wearing a piece of my armor, so I have to constantly have all my gear on or they will own me. I logged on i believe yesterday and I killed some zombies and noticed that still at level 55 physical I was only getting 1.1k per zombie. I log on today and now I only get about 671 exp from a zombie. These zombies can kill any normal player in 1-2 hits and can hardly be hurt by magic and you have to have directors for wisdom to even be applicable in killing them. At 700 exp per physical leveling kill killing lords is 642.8 percent more effective (4500/700) for the highest EXP giving lord or around 414.2 percent more effective (2500/700). Zombies are about 10-30x harder for ANY player to kill then a lord is at, especially at higher levels where 3 of my cause critical wounds of Ogma (level 46 wisdom) kills any lord. It takes about 15-20 cause critical wounds for me to kill a zombie, not only because of how hard they are but because of the amount of health they regenerate.

Thats just what is on the outside.

When you are in the crypt I began and received about 20k-40k per kill off of the vampiric priests and guardians. That was in a party of 5 people (Felix, me, Plasma, Tycho, and one other). Cell and I just did it and used wisdom to kill the monsters in all the different rounds with only three people (Angel, Cell, and myself) and cell received about 4k at level 60 physical. It takes about 3-5 minutes per kill of any of the monsters whether it be a priest or guardian. I at level 46 wisdom received about 5k per guardian or priest. Angel at level approximately 28 wisdom i believe got about 50k per kill. This was supposed to be a place where people could kill things at higher levels of physical, wisdom, magic, etc over the current methods. Now I get LESS experience then I could get off of ANY brutal no matter how measely the amoutn of worms is or if I just hunted lords for the same amount of time. Not to mention that since the bows got removed from the Crypt now we can't even use that, which was one of the ONLY ways to kill Kvasir or his mobs without using wisdom. Let alone the fact that you cannot target Kvasir. So not only from the beginng has the EXP been brought to about 30 percent of what it was from ALL the different monsters. There has been placed I believe a 3 hour cap on returning to the Crypt and a one and ahalf cap of time allowed inside. So I do believe that seeing as I can 1 shot a lord with bile at about 3-5 lords per minute I make around 9-15k a minute approximately at the lowest exp (2.9k~ per). It takes me about 20-30 seconds to kill a zombie that offers around 700 exp and about 3-5 minutes to kill a priest or guardian that gives me about 5k. Umm I think that I have clearly pointed out the problem and I believe that the experience needs to be returned to where it was because this was supposed to be a place to level for high levels. I cant get more EXP off of a lord that a level 20 can kill. And more EXP off of a brutal that I can finish in 5-7mins and get 50k-150k.

Tig... this place was amazing and completely USEFUL when you had it originally. It served the purpose that it was meant to and now it isn't even worth the time to walk from bomboria to there because I can get more EXP killing stuff in a level 4 map then there and the monsters are 100x harder at Vanir's Hollow. If you want to make it so you can't steal off of the Vampires and Ksavir then so be it. But it is a complete disservice to everyone for you to lower the exp 7/10 of what it previously was when these are argueably the hardest monsters on Graal kingdoms. You cannot kill Kvasir or his mobs without using a Bow if you want to use anything that isnt by way of using wisdom. Because you can't even use magic because it does almost no damage at all. So you have two choices, wisdom or phys, and not to mention that the time spent in there is worthless because I can get the same amount of EXP from 5 lords as I can clearing that place once. And I think we can all figure out which of the two is insanely more difficult.

Last edited by Tigairius; 11-03-2008 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: Personal attack and evading the swear filter.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
It's still a buttload of EXP for one day.

I'm still excited to do the crypt once per day.

I don't think you should worry Fenix.

Last edited by BigBear3; 11-02-2008 at 11:36 PM.. Reason: asdf
Old 11-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
If you find the zombies powerful, the manna leafs that heal you both partially and fully - which coincidently grow just outside the gate - should help out.

Bile typically kills instantly because it causes death. Zombies are undead. I'm happy you enjoyed our update and Halloween treat.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:36 PM
GP Asst. Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If you find the zombies powerful, the manna leafs that heal you both partially and fully - which coincidently grow just outside the gate - should help out.

Bile typically kills instantly because it causes death. Zombies are undead. I'm happy you enjoyed our update and Halloween treat.
Apparently you did not read the rest where I explain that I can kill lords and get more EXP and these lords are meant for lower levels to level off of and not to mention a huge fraction less difficult.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTheBanished View Post
Apparently you did not read the rest where I explain that I can kill lords and get more EXP and these lords are meant for lower levels to level off of and not to mention a huge fraction less difficult.
Then kill lords.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:37 PM
GP Asst. Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Then kill lords.
The point of Vanir's Hollow was to supply people with higher levels a decent means to level up once you hit levels that it becomes nearly impossible to level efficiently. It clearly does not live up to its purpose.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Zormite
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTheBanished View Post
The point of Vanir's Hollow was to supply people with higher levels a decent means to level up once you hit levels that it becomes nearly impossible to level efficiently. It clearly does not live up to its purpose.
I think it's efficient. I'm headin' 2 da crypt as we speak.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Cell Chill
smokeraider is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to smokeraider Send a message via MSN to smokeraider
i agree with fenix, its totaly not worth it anymore even if it was cool to do something new for a change
Old 11-02-2008, 11:43 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
It's a great update. The exp is fine and I'm sure that this is just one of many things to come.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:48 PM
GP Asst. Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
It's a great update. The exp is fine and I'm sure that this is just one of many things to come.
I love the fact that I guarantee the people saying the EXP is fine havent visited the Crypt or graveyard and looked at their EXP per monster kill lately. Do us all a favor and before you post go look at it.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:21 AM
01d_13g3nd is on a distinguished road
I agree with Fenix, The exp was nerfed to a point where I do not wish to enter the crypt at all anymore. With the time it takes to kill the mobs in the crypt and with lockout and all, its not worth going anymore. Sure you can get a dagger and another rare item from the boss but to be honest I think the high exp on the mobs was a good thing, a lot of lower players were catching up with the high end players in levels and high end players actually had motivation to do something for once instead of standing in the trade room showing eachother their precious rare items. The game needs more of this and was a great start, I'm definitely not down for the Nerf on the new content.

Peace!
Old 11-03-2008, 01:19 AM
ImmortalHuman is an unknown quantity at this point
Not to poke @ Tig but I do agree with Fenix even though he hasn't been on my goodside lately >.> Ksavir's exp was nerfed and it takes an extremely long time to kill so it not realy wurth it anymore In the amount of time it takes you to get to the end of the crypt you could of did like 10 brutals which would of given you more exp >.>
Old 11-03-2008, 01:52 AM
GP Asst. Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalHuman View Post
Not to poke @ Tig but I do agree with Fenix even though he hasn't been on my goodside lately >.> Ksavir's exp was nerfed and it takes an extremely long time to kill so it not realy wurth it anymore In the amount of time it takes you to get to the end of the crypt you could of did like 10 brutals which would of given you more exp >.>
WOOOOOOOOW I just checked my EXP on a Zombie at lvl 55 phys and I get:

Killed | Killer| Exp
----------------+----------------+--------
evilhand|FenixTheBanished| 2.3k
halloweenskeleton|FenixTheBanished| 10.0
zombie|FenixTheBanished| 454.0
Totals: 1365 kills, 1.6M exp
Old 11-03-2008, 02:08 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
You guys seem to be forgetting that this is a permanent update. With lords you have to run around the map and find them and kill them and it takes longer. Zombies are all in a centralized area, meaning you can instantly go from one zombie to another. You guys have managed to find bugs and exploit them, and most of you have been trying very hard to keep it to yourself so they don't get patched. If we're going to make GK better then I will need your help, not some shady, quiet community trying to hide glitches and exploit them to their full advantage.

I agree that the current exp isn't as nice as the original exp, but that doesn't necessarily make it bad. You also seem to be forgetting about how the fact that the monsters in the Halloween Haunted House (evilhand) are only around for a week or so out of the year. Zombies are here year-round. I have been adjusting the exp frequently to get it to be just right, and my last adjustment wasn't necessarily the last one.

It's usually better to contact me privately and simply ask me about things, rather than ranting and raving about it instantly. I don't think anyone even took the time to contact me about it?

Don't blame people for getting 'bows' removed from the crypt. If it really was as easy as simply "make it so you can't steal" then I would have. But because I have to get Stefan to add new scripting functions to the MUDLIB, which I cannot do instantly, I have to make quick-fixes like this. This was a glitch that needed to be fixed instantly because I have to worry about people exploiting it.

I'm pretty disappointed with quite a few people as a result of this mishap, I've lost some respect with a few people. Chances are if you planned to exploit this bug, I know about it and I am disappointed with you. You guys are supposed to be my team, helping me forge GK in to something you want to play. We're all friends here, let's face it. We've been playing with each other for years, even if we all don't get along all the time, we're still friends. We're a community.

GK's community is one of the best communities on Graal. We have mature people, anti-scammers, not too many hacking problems and a nice atmosphere. Sometimes people lose sight of what's really important when they've been confronted with something they're not used to having, and as a result it sometimes gets taken away.

I'm working on balancing GK, not making some easy level-110-in-a-day server.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 11-03-2008, 03:01 AM
GP Asst. Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
You guys seem to be forgetting that this is a permanent update. With lords you have to run around the map and find them and kill them and it takes longer. Zombies are all in a centralized area, meaning you can instantly go from one zombie to another. You guys have managed to find bugs and exploit them, and most of you have been trying very hard to keep it to yourself so they don't get patched. If we're going to make GK better then I will need your help, not some shady, quiet community trying to hide glitches and exploit them to their full advantage.

I agree that the current exp isn't as nice as the original exp, but that doesn't necessarily make it bad. You also seem to be forgetting about how the fact that the monsters in the Halloween Haunted House (evilhand) are only around for a week or so out of the year. Zombies are here year-round. I have been adjusting the exp frequently to get it to be just right, and my last adjustment wasn't necessarily the last one.

It's usually better to contact me privately and simply ask me about things, rather than ranting and raving about it instantly. I don't think anyone even took the time to contact me about it?

Don't blame people for getting 'bows' removed from the crypt. If it really was as easy as simply "make it so you can't steal" then I would have. But because I have to get Stefan to add new scripting functions to the MUDLIB, which I cannot do instantly, I have to make quick-fixes like this. This was a glitch that needed to be fixed instantly because I have to worry about people exploiting it.

I'm pretty disappointed with quite a few people as a result of this mishap, I've lost some respect with a few people. Chances are if you planned to exploit this bug, I know about it and I am disappointed with you. You guys are supposed to be my team, helping me forge GK in to something you want to play. We're all friends here, let's face it. We've been playing with each other for years, even if we all don't get along all the time, we're still friends. We're a community.

GK's community is one of the best communities on Graal. We have mature people, anti-scammers, not too many hacking problems and a nice atmosphere. Sometimes people lose sight of what's really important when they've been confronted with something they're not used to having, and as a result it sometimes gets taken away.

I'm working on balancing GK, not making some easy level-110-in-a-day server.
I will continue to take heat for making this thread and i believe people should post their personal responses to how they feel about the EXP, we will be heard and thanks everyone!