Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-19-2008, 02:45 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Rc

RC needs an option for admins to turn mass message override on/off. This way my masses don't go to players that have masses on ignore, who wind up ignoring me after a while because of it, and if I have something important to say I will turn it on, then mass, and everyone will get it regardless if they have masses on ignore.

Same goes for on player. You could have an option in the playerlist menu saying something like "Mass Message Override (Staff)" I don't know.

!
Old 07-19-2008, 04:25 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
RC won't be getting updates, unless it's the client RC.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:41 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Last I checked, players weren't allowed to have RCs on ignore. The masses used to go out regardless in v4, if I'm not making things up in my head. Why not reserve masses from RC for when they're needed?
Old 07-19-2008, 03:33 PM
xChugxLifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Last I checked, players weren't allowed to have RCs on ignore. The masses used to go out regardless in v4, if I'm not making things up in my head. Why not reserve masses from RC for when they're needed?
even if I mass from player it still overrides everyone's mass message ignore. If that was not the case then yes, I would use RC to send out important messages and use player to send whatever masses while I'm playing.

and yes, RCs can be put on ignore. it's quite annoying actually, because if you send a mass and a player has you on ignore it PMs back saying "Your messages are ignored."
Old 07-19-2008, 06:32 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Why not just use the admin message?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:18 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
Why not just use the admin message?
If players are typing, it can close, it is annoying, it freezes the game, etc.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:48 PM
xChugxLifex
you guys aren't getting the point here.

if you have your mass messages on IGNORE and a staff member either in the server options or on a staff tag (ETs, FAQs) sends out a mass message, the message is not ignored even though your options are set to ignore them. what I'm requesting is an option to turn this override on/off. this way staff members can send masses that may not be as important, and avoid sending messages to people that have masses on ignore. then, when they need to make an important announcement and would prefer using a regular mass message instead of an admin message, they can turn the override on so everyone gets the message.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:21 PM
splave
Sir Kwang is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Sir Kwang Send a message via AIM to Sir Kwang
i get your point frankie.. and i think it's a very interesting idea.. that used to annoy me too.. i mean sometimes i wanted to just take part in regular player style massing but i couldn't since yaknow they went to eeveryone even if they had masses on ignore
Old 07-19-2008, 10:21 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
you guys aren't getting the point here.

if you have your mass messages on IGNORE and a staff member either in the server options or on a staff tag (ETs, FAQs) sends out a mass message, the message is not ignored even though your options are set to ignore them. what I'm requesting is an option to turn this override on/off. this way staff members can send masses that may not be as important, and avoid sending messages to people that have masses on ignore. then, when they need to make an important announcement and would prefer using a regular mass message instead of an admin message, they can turn the override on so everyone gets the message.
No, Staff Members should not be on tag when sending personal, non-professional mass messages. When I am on any classic server, I disconnect any staff member I find doing this as it is very tacky and tasteless. Same thing with people on RC; RC is a tool for work, not for sending mass messages about you friend's new scooter.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:25 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
If players are typing, it can close, it is annoying, it freezes the game, etc.
Then script your own admin message system? That's a much better option in my opinion.

Zero is right, though. You shouldn't be sending casual masses while you're on a staff tag. I'm a big hypocrite for saying that (see: Valikorlia), but then again see: Valikorlia.

If you want this option though, can't you just script it? Isn't it possible to script custom function in to the playerlist?
Old 07-19-2008, 10:26 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
No, Staff Members should not be on tag when sending personal, non-professional mass messages. When I am on any classic server, I disconnect any staff member I find doing this as it is very tacky and tasteless. Same thing with people on RC; RC is a tool for work, not for sending mass messages about you friend's new scooter.
If you're on the RC list and not on tag nor logged into RC you'll still override the mass message ignore.

What should be implemented is a system where if a staff (regardless of whether its on their rc or player) masses, it checks if they're on a staff TAG. If it's on a STAFF TAG it automatically overrides any mass ignore, but if the person is NOT on staff tag, then it is not overridden.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:27 PM
splave
wait.. when you take your staff tag off does the staff over ride turn off or something now?
Old 07-19-2008, 10:29 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Kwang View Post
wait.. when you take your staff tag off does the staff over ride turn off or something now?
No, I'm saying it should.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:33 PM
splave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
No, I'm saying it should.
yea i missed your last post there.. they were just making it sound like it was already the case that taking your tag off turns off the over ride
Old 07-19-2008, 10:38 PM
xChugxLifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
If your an admin with an RC, even if you mass on player your mass message still overrides the mass message ignore. Staff tag or not. It's the ETs and FAQs that send various messages such as "oh what event to host", "answering questions" etc. that are annoying, but doesn't fit into the category of unprofessional nor personal.