Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea?
Yes, it's a good idea. 27 65.85%
It's an ok idea, but it jeopardizes people's privacy or... (state below) 5 12.20%
No, I don't like this idea. 9 21.95%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2007, 11:01 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Scamming

Because of an increased amount of players lately (due to updates and activity) there has also been an increasing amount of thieves. Scamming has increased lately and due to the fact that there is no rule enforcing scamming to cease, it'll continue unless something gets done early. So I was thinking we should have a thread in which people can report scammers and after staff check logs, it can be confirmed that that person is a scammer. This can provide a list of people that are more safe to trust, but you shouldn't trust anyone with your items anyways.
Tell me your opinions.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Because of an increased amount of players lately (due to updates and activity) there has also been an increasing amount of thieves. Scamming has increased lately and due to the fact that there is no rule enforcing scamming to cease, it'll continue unless something gets done early. So I was thinking we should have a thread in which people can report scammers and after staff check logs, it can be confirmed that that person is a scammer. This can provide a list of people that are more safe to trust, but you shouldn't trust anyone with your items anyways.
Tell me your opinions.
I'd like to see a good reason as to why someone can get scammed on trade tables. It's never happened to me and never will. I've had people I could trust with my housekey and rare items. People I can't trust... I won't.

But trading with trials does pose a potential threat of scamming. If you're "logs" can do more than trade tables, and actually log the trial who trades in Misty Mug Tavern, and has another person hiding under a vase jump out and steal items, then I agree with this idea. Those people should be announced as scammers- and I suppose it would only make sense to announce the trade-table scammers as well. But if this only works for trade tables, I suggest just taking a stronger general approach to it.

Give some basic guidelines:
-If you need someone to EA something for you, only trust a member of your kingdom (preferably a high-ranking officer)
-If you need someone to bless a weapon, try to get a member of your kingdom first, and if you can't, make sure the other person is in a kingdom. Try to have a third-party witness the exchangement (trade tables?). And to the one blessing: try to have a third-party witness the return of the item (trade tables again?) so there's no false accusations.
-All kings should enforce no-scamming and remove/ban members who do. And work with other kings to see that these scammers don't get into a kingdom, and are given a horrible reputation so noone will want to trade with them (this will better the chances of them giving back a rare item, or not taking it in the first place). I still go back-and-forth on whether or not this should apply pirates. But for now, I have to agree that it should apply to the Pirates as well. (just keep it OOC...)
-NEVER give ANYONE items to "try them on". There's no reasonable purpose for this. Don't know what your HP increase will be from 29 con to 30 con? Ask around to get a better idea.

Just make a better list than I did.

(Edit: Also, I won't vote untill you answer my question about how the logs will work)
Old 01-01-2008, 12:00 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Or the staff could just make it so you have to be so incredibly stupid and deserve to lose your weapons if you do something like that. If they just added no fishing rods and a on and off of 3 seconds for all of the trade tables (Meaning if you hit decline you have to wait 3 seconds before entering the table again)
if they also added a confirmation but they could just solve most of the problems so then scamming wouldn't really be a problem. Then it would just be you chose to place it on the ground then you chose to lose it.

It would be easier if they just fixed it so it can't be a problem than to create lists.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I don't play GK often, but I don't see how anyone can get scammed while there is a build-in feature for trading. Just pay attention.
But if there are ways to trick someone and there's no way the person can easily detect the scam... then there's a problem.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:38 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Start by removing /dropall (or was this already done?)
Old 01-01-2008, 01:05 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Just make trade room logs publically viewable. Then people can see what prices people are getting for stuff, etc.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:26 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
I think listing known scammers is a great idea people will be more careful with items and it will be easier to update the CP blacklist with scammers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Start by removing /dropall (or was this already done?)
/dropall is not really a problem you must be dumb or stupid to get scammed from that.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
you get scammed, it's not our ****ing problem, you shouldn't be that stupid, just use common sen- oh wait, never mind, common sense is rare these days, silly me

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 01-01-2008, 02:42 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker180 View Post
you get scammed, it's not our ****ing problem, you shouldn't be that stupid, just use common sen- oh wait, never mind, common sense is rare these days, silly me
Not true. There are cases where people click the red flag, take back the table and click the green flag and you get scammed due to lag.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:10 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Posting the scammers will be a good idea. But I doubt it's necessary because people know who the scammers are.

Old 01-01-2008, 03:16 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker180 View Post
Some people were actually raised in nice house holds and don't have to deal with problems with thieves (especially younger players)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
Posting the scammers will be a good idea. But I doubt it's necessary because people know who the scammers are.
New players don't; this is for the protection of returning oldbies as well as new players.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-01-2008, 03:32 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
But if there are ways to trick someone and there's no way the person can easily detect the scam... then there's a problem.
I'm pretty sure it falls under that one.
Fishing rods are somewhat undetectable and the lag trade got me once.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:03 AM
jonnyrocks2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jonnyrocks2 Send a message via MSN to jonnyrocks2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
I'm pretty sure it falls under that one.
Fishing rods are somewhat undetectable and the lag trade got me once.
Uh, right click the item to verify?
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelfonne
Pfft. It takes a real man to play a girl...
Old 01-01-2008, 04:07 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
I like Googi's idea.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:02 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I like Googi's idea.
It won't warn people about who the scammers are which is the main point of this thread.