Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-28-2007, 12:47 AM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Re: What do you look for in a PW?

Just a quick question to you all, answer if you want, if you don't wish to, then don't. Please, sensible answers are preffered where possible.

What attracts you to a playerworld? What keeps you coming back? What are the ideal things on a playerworld that make you want to play it?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
For it to be fun.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:18 AM
jwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrified View Post
For it to be fun.
But what would make it fun for YOU?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:21 AM
Rediculously inactive
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
But what would make it fun for YOU?
Unique.

It's not fun shooting someone in the head and watch all the blood splurt out from there feet when they only have 10 HP left and are ready to die, and slicing at baddies has it's limits...I want to actually play something where you could see something that has no limits, endless playability; not just a new GUI for an old text command, but a game that is literally free in the mind of how it's played, how it could practically be anything at any time, updates are fresh and somewhat common, but there's enough meat in the server at release to not want updates in the first day; and still be easy to enjoy and not confusing.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:24 AM
jwd
Quote:
Unique.

It's not fun shooting someone in the head and watch all the blood splurt out from there feet when they only have 10 HP left and are ready to die, and slicing at baddies has it's limits...I want to actually play something where you could see something that has no limits, endless playability; not just a new GUI for an old text command, but a game that is literally free in the mind of how it's played, how it could practically be anything at any time, updates are fresh and somewhat common, but there's enough meat in the server at release to not want updates in the first day; and still be easy to enjoy and not confusing.
Thanks for your feedback ;D
Old 11-28-2007, 01:27 AM
Rediculously inactive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
Thanks for your feedback ;D
I see why you want this feedback. Very wise.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:31 AM
jwd
Quote:
I see why you want this feedback. Very wise.
Aye. I've got a backlog (research carried out by Kirble) of ideas from different servers. Me and Kirble are going to pick out the most plausible and fun ones and then get straight to work on something
Old 11-28-2007, 01:34 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Content... I actually could care less about a server being unique(though it does annoy me that people actually go through the trouble of designing a whole tileset for their server, only for it to look almost exactly like anothers), as long as it has content that is fun I'll enjoy it. Also, newbie-friendliness. I hate Era for the sole fact any time I log on, I'm immediately hunted down by PKers. I got on the other day at 3am or so, only a few people on, I was all the way down by the beach, and I slowly watch this head move down the mini-map towards me, with a barrage of bullets in front of him. It's not fun if you can't progress because you're constantly killed.
If you have constant content being added, and have it so people can actually enjoy the new content without being killed, you have a fun playerworld.

Also, I personally look for what Graal was originally supposed to be, online Zelda. If a server is ever released with Zelda gameplay(actual dungeons and bosses, not push/pushblocksx100 and killbaddiesx100 with a glitchy boss), I'll probably cry. Oh, and lots of side-quests are always fun, and I mean lots.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:37 AM
jwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Content... I actually could care less about a server being unique(though it does annoy me that people actually go through the trouble of designing a whole tileset for their server, only for it to look almost exactly like anothers), as long as it has content that is fun I'll enjoy it. Also, newbie-friendliness. I hate Era for the sole fact any time I log on, I'm immediately hunted down by PKers. I got on the other day at 3am or so, only a few people on, I was all the way down by the beach, and I slowly watch this head move down the mini-map towards me, with a barrage of bullets in front of him. It's not fun if you can't progress because you're constantly killed.
If you have constant content being added, and have it so people can actually enjoy the new content without being killed, you have a fun playerworld.

Also, I personally look for what Graal was originally supposed to be, online Zelda. If a server is ever released with Zelda gameplay(actual dungeons and bosses, not push/pushblocksx100 and killbaddiesx100 with a glitchy boss), I'll probably cry. Oh, and lots of side-quests are always fun, and I mean lots.
Noted. Thanks for your feedback, man
Old 11-28-2007, 02:58 AM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
I am with Dusty, content is definitly what I look for, but I do like it when something atleast looks different. I want more than: "you beat the super boss now fight the ultra boos, then fight the master boss, then fight the greater master boss...ect." Have some quests that you can do with freinds, but still be challenging.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:26 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Servers that have create interactive content that responds and has new innovative techniques not normally seen around graal. These new techniques allow for enhanced gameplay and the server generally has players. Oh and guns things involving teamwork are also very fun if made well and are glitch free.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:07 AM
Billy Allan
Knightmare1 can only hope to improve
id say a server with a goal. like on zone, i raced my friend to rank elite. thats wat made it fun, i could look forward to a challenge every day. once i got to elite i was just playing, because of all the times i spent trying to land a big bounty for EXP. but sometimes i get bored of challenges if they take to long, or you do the same things over and over again, like zodiac, i tried to make it to 60. snooze fest. so i dont play zodiac for a long time because there is nothing to do when you cant kill. i also like to PK. but zodiac and era have a problem, someone with no life just plays and plays and gets great weapons and is to hard to kill. i like having something new to use. something fresh and takes determination. thats what i like in a server.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:12 AM
100 IFP and runnin'
Nabru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nabru
The people: The community must be great, that is the thing that makes the PW after all.

The amount of things to do: If all there is to do is events and pk(See UN & Classic) Odds are I'm not going to like it unless it's community is awesome.

The staff: A fair and just staff is always awesome...but we do play a game where there GPs are 8 year olds .

Type: I will never play modern, not even that repulsive server Zone. PICS1, SWORD AND BOARD FTW!
Old 11-29-2007, 05:29 AM
**FLIP OUT**
theHAWKER is an unknown quantity at this point
finding gliches and finding ways to abuse them, but not in a bad way ;D