Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 02:28 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
Thumbs up Endora

Intro:
Hey! Did you hear that Endora is hiring? Thats right, I said hiring! The Endora Staff Team is looking for talented experienced members. Try to have some kind of previous server experience and know how to work a RC (Remote Control). Endora isn't a new, or incomplete server. It has alot added to it and many levels complete. Systems such as HP, Exp (Level Gains), MP (Magic/Spells), Weapons (Bows/Swords), Mining, Events, Quests and many more! But Endora is looking to add more to the server! And that's why we need YOUR help. Endora currently needs all dev positions. We are NOT, I repeat are NOT hiring any non-dev staff at the moment. They are not needed, so please don't ask. Now lets get down to business. Have you no clue how much Endora has done to it? Or maybe have no clue what kind of server it is? Then don't panic, I will explain those questions in a moment and hopefully you all comprehend. If not feel free to post below or FPM me.

Staff Applications:
We are not going to run TOO strict of a application, or to boring/long of one. Don't you hate the applications that take a while to do, then you send them to an email, which takes a while for the recipient to respond back to let you know whats going on, meanwhile your just anxious to get started? I hate when that happens. Anyways, we will be sure not to be like that. The application is easy, you can simply do one of a few things. First off you can just log onto Graal and get on Endora and talk to an Admin. (MD, Drastic Vendetta [DV], or myself) Then if you don't remember what I'm about to say you have to send in, then don't worry about it. We will simply let you know on the server to refresh your memory. Another way to get ahold of us to get a job would be to Forum PM me. Also you can contact me on AIM: mshort345 MSN: [email protected] . To tryout for these different positions look below:

LAT
For LAT tryout send in one inside, one outside level using the Endora Tileset. Want to maybe fancy it up a bit? Then make more than one of each and maybe connect (link) them. It also helps to show some minor LAT scripts you should no that are needed in certain areas. (This is a MUST know for RC. Don't tryout if you cant even properly work the Graal Editor and/or RC.)

GAT
For GAT Tryout all you have to do is tell us about some of your previous experience and show us 2-3 new GFX that you've made at our request, or show 4-6 GFX from your past work and make it a variety, showing your GFXing style. Try to make sure it fits in with the servers Theme.

NAT
For NAT tryout, you basically tell us how long you've been doing it and your past experience. You will get a temporary RC and write us a script that we tell you to do (usually a simple one) to show us you have the basic knowledge of GS2. Either that or you show us some non-used scripts that could be very usable that you've made for a server like Endora. If it is unaccepted, we will not take your script anyways (basically steal your script and leave you on the street), if we deny your tryout script we will not take the script you sent in for it.

Gani
We don't really need Gani'rs for the most part, but we could use maybe 1 or 2. Would be a easy job for you if you tryout for it and get it. Not much work at the moment. Most weapons have templates. Some weapons may have special ganis for them and whatnot but for the most part, won't be much work.

Thats about all the staff we really need. If you can do more than just one of those and want to maybe try out for the Developer position be my guest. That would be even better to have on the server!

About the Server
Heres a little more information and some minor screen shots of the server to give you more of an idea of whats going on in Endora.

Basic intersection of the main town (Norden). Shows various kinds of shops and levels such as Mines, Potion shop, Armor Shop, Weapon Shop and some random lights running along the pathway.

Adventure quest to kill off the wolves!! Will you be strong and brave enough to surpass the wolves and make your way to the end of the cave, where a powerful quest item lay?

Ah well maybe your not the straight up fighting type when it comes to quests. Then why not try to solve some riddles and such in this Haunted Mansion quest. Make your way through all the doors, unlocking each one by one. Until finally you come upon the main room where your quest item lay waiting for you to take it. But oh how you wish it would be that easy. You will have to overcome the beast within it to get to the quest treasure. Will you triumph, or fail like all the rest?

Conclusion
I know I know, your probably wondering when is this guy done typing? Well don't worry Im almost done, and I hope I'm not boring you to death. Well the last couple things I would like to say is one, thank you for taking the time to consider reading this and maybe trying out to help the finish this Project. Also I would ask for anyone who has any suggestions on what they would like to see on Endora to please feel free to speak of them here. But I ask of you to not bash Endora, or sit here and talk badly about it. This is just a hiring thread, and wasn't pasted here for bashings or harassment. So please if you have any comments relating to those, keep them to yourselves. I'm looking for staff and some good server suggestions, maybe a little more publicity to Endora but nothing more that crosses those lines. Well thank you all for taking your time to read/post on this Thread, hope to see you on Endora soon!

any questions or concerns about this thread forum pm me
Old 10-02-2007, 03:18 AM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Again, eh?

Good luck.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Remember the name.
Drastic Vendetta is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Drastic Vendetta Send a message via MSN to Drastic Vendetta Send a message via Yahoo to Drastic Vendetta
Aah yes. Thanks, Angel, for posting.

I realize, folks, that the Endora staff list doesn't have fifteen people online or anything like that, but that doesn't mean development has stopped. MysticalDragon is gone temporarily, but i spoke with him earlier today, and he'll be back soon.

Just because you don't see the staff list with fifteen people on at once, doesn't mean there isn't work getting done. The people who develop the most are the people you see logged on every day. Work gets done. People may not see new things now, but that's because we're taking the development process step by step, and don't want to reveal too much. So i assure you, folks. If you think there's no development getting done just because there's two or three people on RC, then you thought wrong. We'll be sure to keep you all posted on our further updates!

But folks we do need your help. A lot of developers have left graal, and even though development is flowing, we'd sure appreciate it if it would develop a lot faster. We're in the process of revamping a lot of the old, as well as implement new RP ideas and graphics.

I just want to let you all know that the Endora server is the only server allowed to use the content. There have been, and still are, servers that are trying to use our content without our permission. Just to let you all know, the server Endora managed by me, MysticalDragon, and Angel, is the correct Endora server.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Graal2001 Administration
contiga is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to contiga Send a message via AIM to contiga Send a message via MSN to contiga Send a message via Yahoo to contiga
Not again.... haha
Btw, isn't that Haunted House quest thing from Bravo?
[http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ghlight=bravo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
I am also awake 3AM to help correct problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomy Island RC people
Daniel: HoudiniMan is a bad guy =p
*Bell: rofl. I first read that as houdini is a bad man. like the little kid that wants his mommy to keep her away from that boogie man
Daniel: xD
*Rufus: I wouldn't want my kids around him.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Remember the name.
Send a message via AIM to Drastic Vendetta Send a message via MSN to Drastic Vendetta Send a message via Yahoo to Drastic Vendetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by contiga View Post
Not again.... haha
Aw what do you mean? You use to log on yourself =[
We're not a new team with a new server, we're the same server you use to log on.
=D

Quote:
Btw, isn't that Haunted House quest thing from Bravo?
[http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ghlight=bravo]
Yep!
=]

Old 10-02-2007, 04:32 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Uggh why do you people INSIST on bringing Endora back? What makes you think it'll work this time instead of last time??
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Graal2001 Administration
contiga is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to contiga Send a message via AIM to contiga Send a message via MSN to contiga Send a message via Yahoo to contiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drastic Vendetta View Post
Aw what do you mean? You use to log on yourself =[
We're not a new team with a new server, we're the same server you use to log on.
=D
I used to logon because it was my server -.- And those days it was quite completed.. but nowadays it sucks. Forget it please...

Quote:
Yep!
=]
Well isn't that.. stealing? Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
I am also awake 3AM to help correct problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomy Island RC people
Daniel: HoudiniMan is a bad guy =p
*Bell: rofl. I first read that as houdini is a bad man. like the little kid that wants his mommy to keep her away from that boogie man
Daniel: xD
*Rufus: I wouldn't want my kids around him.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
Sorry if i didn'nt read it, but that haunted house is off of Bravo Evolved..
Old 10-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Remember the name.
Folks please start reading the previous posts before making your own. A lot of these questions have already been answered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Uggh why do you people INSIST on bringing Endora back? What makes you think it'll work this time instead of last time??
We're not bringing it back. As i said before, it's the same server contiga worked on, with the same nearly completed criteria contiga had. We've just been "incognito" because of some staff issues, but that's all been worked out. We're just... looking for some staff members that's all.

I don't know why folks think we're a brand new server trying to "bring it back" when we're just continuing what has already been made just tryin' to recruit some people >.<

Quote:
I used to logon because it was my server -.- And those days it was quite completed.. but nowadays it sucks. Forget it please...
As i said, it's still the same server you logged on before. We're not new. Same server with the same "quite completed" content, just a few more add-ons and edits. It didn't "suck" in your possession and it isn't "sucking" now.

-.-

Quote:
Well isn't that.. stealing? Lol
No, *Brandon and *MysticalDragon uploaded it themselves. There's no stealing going on here.
=]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Sorry if i didn'nt read it, but that haunted house is off of Bravo Evolved..
Yessir. Snake Rekon, MysticalDragon, Brandon, and myself all worked on Bravo Online/Bravo Evolved and agreed to bring it on here just to see how it plays out.

Now please, folks, can we stick with the topic at hand here? We asked that any questions/comments/concerns regarding the server other than hirings are directed in a private I.M session, rather than bringing it on here. We don't want other players reading this and making the wrong assumptions due to inaccurate "i thought" facts.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
If you all pay attention to what's going on on the forums and Graal, you would know MD manage Endora - and that he owned Bravo.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-02-2007, 06:59 PM
o.o
Quote:
We're not bringing it back. As i said before, it's the same server contiga worked on, with the same nearly completed criteria contiga had.
Yes but why do you want to keep it going SOOO badly? I liked it when it was the first Endora before it went down. Not this crap that you all changed like GUIs. They're plain horrible.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
Meh, merging Evolved with Endora is fugly. But if you made evolved, that would be so damn awesome. The main town had a really nice feel to it, and style.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Remember the name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Meh, merging Evolved with Endora is fugly. But if you made evolved, that would be so damn awesome. The main town had a really nice feel to it, and style.
Lol we're not merging. MysticalDragon said once and if we got Endora up and running on Classic at steady pace, then we'd begin working on Bravo Evolved again.

But we're not going to get too far ahead of ourselves and assume we will get it up and running on classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Yes but why do you want to keep it going SOOO badly? I liked it when it was the first Endora before it went down. Not this crap that you all changed like GUIs. They're plain horrible.
What do you mean keep it going SOOO Badly? What's wrong with trying to recruit staff members for a server we work for? Again, as i said before, it's still the first endora. Whatever Endora was that Contiga and his staff made, is what endora is now. Again, with a few addons/edits.

You're just being biased for some strange reason, seeing as how your accusations aren't justified. The GUI is bad? Well, i sort of agree, but that's why we're in development. We have time to change...

Old 10-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Remember the name.
Contiga logged on a few minutes ago, and this is what he had to say himself (rearranged a few posts so it would make sense, so the times may be a little off):

Contiga (Tue Oct 02 11:46:18 2007):
I like the stuff in main town, the gui sucks.
Nice few tiles added I see?
Just a bit too many light effects -.-

Contiga (Tue Oct 02 11:47:53 2007):
Oh man, you've actually done some nice work! Get me out of the gate.

Drastic Vendetta (Tue Oct 02 11:53:41 2007):
Greatly appreciated

Contiga (Tue Oct 02 11:51:49 2007):
I see you've also found out how my map script works nice location added at the tower with those 2 flags.

Drastic Vendetta (Tue Oct 02 11:49:20 2007):
And yes, we have been trying our best to add one some new features, thanks again.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:42 PM
o.o
Oh I misread your posts I thought this was Jigga's again since he's been going around saying "Can I upload Endora here?" xD