Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Muse
LalVlpShade is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LalVlpShade
Anzell is looking for more skilled hands.

First off, I'm Sy, owner of Anzell and head of graphics on the server as well. Anzell was a project abandoned a couple of years ago due to lack of funds, but now we have the money again so we're restarting it. We are an aspiring RP server and want to mix text-roleplay with typical gameplay aspects to also attract the common graalian.

Here's a screenshot of the tileset we are working on. It's not too near to being finished, but it's to give you an idea of the type of aesthetic place we want to become.

We're really only in the first stage of development at the moment, so right now what we need the most - and this is in order - is two scripters, two gani artists, and a lot of level-makers able to work with unique tilesets.

If you are active and skilled in any of those fields, and are interested in joining and helping with the project, then you can post here or contact me on AIM at Ind0ctrination.

[EDIT]
I've come back to give some more information about us. I was in a bit of a hurry earlier.

The make-up for our world right now is leaning towards many gmaps all connected by water. We've decided to do this because even with all the things that have changed in Graal over the years, enormous overworlds still make some people lag. We've just started working on some of the islands, though we may scrap them for being too small. We want to create large, unique areas for all types of players to role-play, but we're careful not to go in over our heads. Whichever way we go, we want to ultimately have both ships and airships as transportation.

The era/idea itself will be a mix between medieval/fantasy and a few modern aspects, though we still want to maintain an amount of realism. Our IC history is currently in the making. We're concocting a very small pantheon and a set number of different races open to the players. New races may be introduced but probably not for a while; we've other things to focus on right now. I would elaborate on this but I'd rather not give out TOO much information while our server is still so young.

As you saw, we have our own tileset in the making, as difficult as it's been to create so far. We also have a list of about 88 different weapons that will eventually be created - among other things, of course, as it's not just weapons that make a successful server - but we really do need another gani artist or two to help make better time on everything.

If anyone is interested in working for us, it's important that you remember this above all others. We want our administration to not only be friendly and helpful towards players in the future, but friendly towards eachother as well. We want to develop things seriously and challenge ourselves, of course, but while also maintaining a positive environment for everyone. Besides, if we're going to be working with eachother for months, we may as well have fun while doing it.

Last edited by LalVlpShade; 06-15-2007 at 11:11 PM..
Old 06-16-2007, 12:50 AM
Mursle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mursle
Cool idea, really like it. Screenshot looks cool to. I loged on Anzell and It was differnet from that screenshot. Is that just temporary?
Old 06-16-2007, 05:03 AM
Muse
What you saw was just the onlinestartlocal; that's the only public level we have as we don't want people walking around our development areas. I'd make the server staff-only if I knew how, but it's not a big deal.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Mursle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mursle
Quote:
Originally Posted by LalVlpShade View Post
What you saw was just the onlinestartlocal; that's the only public level we have as we don't want people walking around our development areas. I'd make the server staff-only if I knew how, but it's not a big deal.
I think you add this to the server options

PHP Code:
onlystaff=true 
Old 06-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Graal Developer
ArushenP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArushenP2P
I remember Anzell. I was Head Admin there once. It was me, RavenofEarth, his friend, and few other staffs. Than it expired.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Muse
Yeah, we told Rayvyn about the project but I'm not sure if he's in or not. He's been out herping a lot so I haven't even seen him.

(...Herping is when you take pictures of lizards in the wild or something)

Me and Armadeus/Daryn lead it for now... If you have any development skills, you're welcome to come, Arushen.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:00 PM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
Looks pretty. Good luck :3
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 06-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
And let me guess, Mido is your scripter?

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Muse
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerogue View Post
And let me guess, Mido is your scripter?
Mido is our scripter, yes, but it would still be best if we had at least one more.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:00 AM
That guy with a beard
PrinceOfKenshin has a spectacular aura about
I would love to gani for you guys. Graphics look really good!

Quote:
Game Master (Server): Greetings PrinceOfKenshin, there are new posts on the forums that demand your urgent attention! God speed, the fate of the world is in your hands. If you fail, middle earth will forever be in the darkness and your children will be enslaved by McKain.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:11 AM
Muse
Excellent! I'll contact you on AIM sometime.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Graal Developer
ArushenP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArushenP2P
Very sorry, I'm tied down on many tasks, Maybe in the near future but looking at your server. It may not even need help :P

Last edited by ArushenP2P; 06-18-2007 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 06-18-2007, 01:48 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Your graphics look great! Good luck!
:: wishes he could find graphics like that for his own server ::

Funny how the servers with good graphics have not enough script help and the servers with good scripting have not enough graphic help.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
I think the tileset could improve greatly. The shading and all that on the leaves look so rough when Id expect them to look alil smooth and less like the bark of the tree. And that house looks like a edit from default tiles and your using tile errors with new tiles. That seems like a huge no.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
I personally think the tileset couldnt really be improved shade-wise, its obviously an issue of style (He must like a sketchy style?). But one thing that I do see that could be improved is the ammount of repetetiveness in your tiles. The house for example has ALOT of repetetiveness because of the textures you use.. Try to make a pattern in your textures rather than just putting them into the tile without realizing that the tile has to be used multiple times.