Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Atrius is back for its last and final go.

Okay guys. Im trying hard on this Atrius, I'd change the name..but damn I can't I just love it to much.

Heres whats up;

Quests:
There are going to be 15 quests to start off. For the quests, they arn't going to just be pk pk pk, win. You get the prize. Instead, theres going to be concepts and ideas behind it. You will have to have a certain item to get into quests. Such as keys, or certain speciality items witch you acheive by either purchasing, finding, or getting from other quests. There's going to be a quest log and once you complete it you'll receive a check on your Quest Log. You can do whatever quest you want first, but your going to need certain items from OTHER quests to get through other parts of quest. Atrius is going to have alot of questing, and will keep players on their feet doing quests. I plan on realisng quests about 1 every week or so.

Items:
Items will consists from guns, of course. Melee weapons such as knifes, swords, and various other objects. Now the catch here is instead of just being like "orly imma save up like 50k and buy this mega uber pker gun". No thats not how its going to work. There will be Gun Expereince levels. From 1-5 you mainly will be able to use small arms, some machine guns such as Uzis, and a few others. There will be about 10 Gun Levels. To get your gun level raised you have to have a certain amount of kills and expereince points. You receive expereince points by killing other people or baddies. Now once you reach enough experience to level your Gun Level, you have to complete a quest, to level it. So once you get enough expereince, you do the quest for that level, and you've leveld. Same method continues untill you have all 10 gun levels.

Gun Liscense:
Now to wield any gun. Your going to have to go through a small training course. Just shooting targets, a few tactical arenas killing "badguys" and suchforth. Liscenses are as follows
Liscense A-1=Handguns
Liscense A-2=Sub Machine Guns
Liscense B-1=Rifles
Liscense B-2=Fully Autos
Liscense B-3=Snipers

Now to get your liscense it won't be tedious. Just a little challenge. At the course the weapon witch liscense you are training for will be given to you to use.

Business's:
I like the concept of playerworld business's. It seems to attract players for them to get jobs and stuff. Now see, your thinking well business owners get all this cash and ****. All purchases are taxed. 10 percent and sent to a government safe, witch will pay our workers on the server--Will explain farther down..Business owners can pay to have their levels remodled how they like. But at the start they are stuck with 3 levels. Front desk, Stocking Room, and the business mining area. Business owners can purchase expansions and whatnot. There will be a payroll system, that business owners can setup as they please. For every item a worker stocks, he receives x amount of dollars on his paycheck. For every mineral he mines, he will receive x amount of dollars on his paycheck. So business owners will have to compete with their payout prices to their workers. An employee can take his/her paycheck whenever they want! A simple /takepaycheck command, witch is taken from the business safe. Also, even if a business owner fires an employee, they can still receive their paycheck. Another thing that doesn't get business owners alot of money is that weekly there total income for that week is taxed 5%. Business owners are still making money yes, but not megamillions to blowout the economy. Each business is going to have a main store and one NPC Ran store. Its going to have the Main Branch where all the products are made but have NPC Shops where there items are also located. Business owners may also purchase more buildings around the world for more business, and putting some NPC shops in highly populated areas for more business revenue! It will take gun kits, and minerals to stock items. Now, for stockers of business's they must learn the skill to 'Create Weapons' to do this all they have to do is talk to the Hardware Store Manager and he'll explain it form there. It will be easy you just have to make a few tools and you have learned the nack to make weapons, so you can apply at stores as a stocker. Miners don't have to learn a skill.

Kill Bounty System:
We are going to have a hitman mission styled kill bounty. Okay a player can go to the 'Hitman Boss' located at his mansion. The player walks up to the Hitman Boss and the Hitman Boss randomly generates a player for the person to kill. The player then has 30 minutes to kill the targeted player. The targeted player has no clue that he is being targeted so he can't just log off for them 30 mins or hide in a no pk zone, unless somehow he knows. If the player on the mission kills the player, he then is rewarded with $50-75 and given +5 Kill Bounty Points. If the player on the mission runs out of time, he has to wait a 30 minute penalty for not killing is target! But if he does, he then has to wait till the timer runs out, and then he can go back and get a new mission. Now if you are killed during a mission you lose -5 Bounty Points. So be carefull! :P.

How the kill bounties work:
Every normal player kill you are rewarded .25 kill bounty points. For every death you lose .25 kill bounty points. Now for killing a cop, you receive +10 kill bounty points. Once you make it to +50 kill bounty points. Police officers are out to get you, once you are killed by a cop you lose all kill bounty points. and are sent to jail for a whole 2 minutes! Woo lol. Cops are only allowed to attack if they are shot at, or the person has +50 kill bounty points. Now your probably thinking. "Well whats the point in getting +50 kill bounty points, if your just going to get killed and sent to jail for 2 minutes". Kill bounty points can be exchanged in. I havn't decided if its going to be x2 your kill bounty points or x3 yet. Say you have 50 kill bounty points, you will receive $100, or $150. Hence above I hav't decided if it'll be x2 or x3. So theres another way to make money, if you LOVE to pk :P. There will be a decent cop force out on duty at all times. I'll most likely hire only active police officers. Now the police officers cant jail or anything, they are out to just kill the +50 kill bounty people. And get shot at :P. GP's will take care of the actual Hackers/Macroers etc.. Cops will be allowed to go offtag and PK, like normal players and get kill bounty points. So cops can kill cops. It'll be fun.

Ways to make the $$!:
Fishing of course will be incorporated, merchanting items (buying low selling high), Mining, Watering crops for farmers, Delivering Pizzas, Playing Chess, and Checkers, Betting on games of pool, Lottery drawings. And I havn't decided if I want to add hunting, and selling animal furs from the deceased animals. Also, the killing will get you money explained above!

Our Staff:
No staffmember will have set attributes. They will receive their weapons by doing levels, and work. For every level/gfx/script they design they will be paid. Also, if a leveler or gfxer does work a business owner, they will get paid from the tax safe. If a leveler or gfxer does work for a house owner, he will also be paid from the tax safe.

Miscellanous:
Housing and appartments will be available. Now you can purchase simple houses with 3 rooms. And appartments with 2 rooms. You pay weekly for the appartments but you can purchase a house and own it forever. There will be a whole development island filled with houses!! Now, for home owners, they can purchase home upgrades for a certain amount of money. If they wish to have it re-modeled, re-did, or additions made, they can pay workers to do this.

Theres alot more, and I don't feel like typing much, but this is the just of it! If you are interested, we are hiring. Drop me a message on here or leave me a message on aim at (Thatonedudee)

I don't want this modern server to be like Era, Im tired of modern servers being called 'Era knock-offs' I hope for this server to be different. Oh, did I mention? I have about 75% of this completed already :P

I'm open to constructive critizism!

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Vulcan is on a distinguished road
God speed.

Playerword Issues: Support Center
Email: [email protected]

Old 04-05-2007, 01:25 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Nice, really nice James!
Finnaly some of the good servers are returning, Atrius was the only modern server I liked!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Nice plans. Hope it goes out well.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Atrius Manager
Thank you guys, I'm open to any ideas and suchforth, or tweaking my ideas!

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 04-05-2007, 06:51 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
nice
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:31 PM
eronix is an unknown quantity at this point
Frig yeah, Brad's officially come back to graal.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
James, I like a lot of concepts here. I'll be glad to help so long that you stay on track and don't do anything stupid.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:15 AM
Atrius Manager
Thanks for all the support guys. I hope to make this Atrius awesome. I'm waiting on Stefan to give me backups because he shutdown all da servers and I lost all my work! :P. And i'm waiting on Ibo to change the playerworld name. Also, I see Aeon deleted posts above? Well, I think they might of posted about Aeons tileset that Napo and a few others let me use, i'm not using it anymore. If thats what you guys posted about

Drop some ideas, i'd love to hear them! Also, i'll be posting the rest whats in store!!

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 04-06-2007, 04:23 AM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames View Post
Thanks for all the support guys. I hope to make this Atrius awesome. I'm waiting on Stefan to give me backups because he shutdown all da servers and I lost all my work! :P. And i'm waiting on Ibo to change the playerworld name. Also, I see Aeon deleted posts above? Well, I think they might of posted about Aeons tileset that Napo and a few others let me use, i'm not using it anymore. If thats what you guys posted about

Drop some ideas, i'd love to hear them! Also, i'll be posting the rest whats in store!!
[OFFTOPIC] They were talking about Opan the modern part of Aeon. [/OFFTOPIC]

Back on topic, I told you I was interested a bit James, I wanted to see some screenies but you never gave em up on AIM.

I have some ideas I could give you for a modern PW tho. I have to organize em and such but I'll hit you up on AIM later.

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:27 AM
Atrius Manager
Oh, did I mention i'm hiring.

No nats, me and xile have got that covered
I need about 2 GATS, talented gats. 2 Ganiers,
I'm hiring as many LATS that apply, if they are good. We need some major quest leveling done.

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 04-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Lylic < Me
XiLe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XiLe Send a message via MSN to XiLe
I'll be returning to Atrius to help script and develop and manage and such... Hopefully we'll be able to return Atrius to its original glory
Old 04-06-2007, 04:57 AM
Atrius Admin!
Charlie9 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Charlie9 Send a message via MSN to Charlie9 Send a message via Yahoo to Charlie9
Yay..Atrius is back...Glad that I payed for it except for 4 dollars that paypal stole...
----------------------------------------------------
:-) Globaly banned for a False Reason :-)
Old 04-06-2007, 04:58 AM
Thrashsoul3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why should staff get anything? They should have to earn their weapons and money like the rest of the players, playing the game. Giving out weapons just seems like it will go into a downward spiral of corruption and biasness.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:14 AM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
lol 5th "final go"