Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Alliance Disbandment

I, Emperor Ryujin Kusanagi of the Kingdom of Samurai, formally request from all current leaders, the disbandment of the current alliance.

After the recent collapse of Zormite, the Alliance should have been removed, but yet, for some reason still remianed. I know not whether for absent-minded forgetfulness, or for reasons of distrust and paranoia. It has remained for too long, however, and on the behalf of Samurai, we ask that it be dropped, so as not to breed hostility.

If this simple task is not to be carried out, the Kingdom of Samurai shall not consider this peacetime, and shall commence in working to disband the alliance on its own. This is not out of contempt or misguided hatred, but simply a precaution to ensure the safety of our island. We do not wish to someday face the prospect of one kingdom declaring war against us, and the others following suit simply for the reason of being allied with one another.

With all due respect to all leaders, please grant my request.

~ Emperor Ryujin Kusanagi of Samurai
Old 09-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Steven Snow
xRuffRydax is on a distinguished road
I shall grant your request, i will drop the alliances.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Mercenary
Raziel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Raziel
Nations with honor and manpower don't follow shameful policies of appeasement.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Begging all pardons, but you are not currently in charge of diplomacy for your kingdom are you, Captain Raziel Nasar?

I shall only validate diplomacy concerns with the current leader or leaders of each kingdom.

Last edited by Draenin; 09-06-2006 at 01:44 AM..
Old 09-06-2006, 01:31 AM
Mercenary
You're right, but no one can take away my right to voice my opinion. I never said "CP will not grant the request," did I? It's not up to me.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:40 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Well, you certainly seemed to think that requesting something from all kingdoms is the same act as commanding when conversing with my Shogun.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:50 AM
Mercenary
((chismosos))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
If this simple task is not to be carried out, the Kingdom of Samurai shall not consider this peacetime, and shall commence in working to disband the alliance on its own.
Treaties aren't made at the sword's edge.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:09 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
((chismosos))
Beg your pardon?
Quote:
Treaties aren't made at the sword's edge.
There is no treaty to be made in this situation. Take some history classes and learn about what an ultimatum is.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:20 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
It's less boring this way.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:30 AM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterNuke
It's less boring this way.
Ding ding ding! He's right.

Props to Draenin and Steven so far.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Mercenary
I'm not talking so much about the alliances as I am about foreign nations handing out ultimatums (didn't want to use the word because it would sound threatening to your supposed peaceful approach, but now that you admit it). It's an issue of national pride.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
(didn't want to use the word because it would sound threatening to your supposed peaceful approach, but now that you admit it).
You are under the impression that I came into writing this ultimatum with a gentle hand, Captain. At the moment, a fairly large force has gathered in my prescence -- a most powerful one that could potentially threaten Samurai's security. I have just cause to write an ultimatum in Samurai's defense.
Quote:
It's an issue of national pride.
There's a large difference between being proud of your nation and being boisterous.

I am asking a simple favor from all kingdoms, not making an edict specifically aimed at Crescent Pirates. Whether or not to drop alliances is the Governor and Governess' choice, and should they choose to keep it, I may see to it that the psuedo-neutrality of the alliance is purged for the safety of all nations. In affairs of diplomacy, it is much better to be neutral all-around than to make an alliance where if one kingdom steps out of line, they are eliminated.

Last edited by Draenin; 09-06-2006 at 11:33 AM..
Old 09-07-2006, 03:32 AM
Scriptess
calani is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to calani
Though I do not like the way you worded your request or follow-up posts, I agree with your motive: having all but one kingdom allied breeds hostility towards that neutral nation.
Ultimatums are a dangerous matter, especially when your side is the weaker of the two and both sides know it. In such a scenario, issuing one will either solve the problem or, likely, seal your fate. Do be more careful.

Upon agreement from the rest of the kingdoms, I will remove the alliances.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:39 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calani
Ultimatums are a dangerous matter, especially when your side is the weaker of the two and both sides know it - in such a scenario, issuing one will either solve the problem or, likely, seal your fate. Do be more careful.
I know when to bear my fangs and when not to. If I sense my kingdom is in imminent danger, I will not refrain from taking actions against harm befalling it.

Thank you for putting Samurai's welfare into your considerations.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Mercenary
That's Admiral to you and anyone, little man. You should have stuck to your peaceful ways that kept you out of the alliance in the first place.

((wtfs 3 people online right now...))