Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2006, 07:46 AM
disaster is on a distinguished road
What is Happening with Graal2k1?

I am posting this hoping that one staff member can give us an explanation about what is happening with the server. Why hasn't anybody been on? Why hasn't playerhouses and hats been released? Why, when I ask Nappa what the deal is, does he refuse to tell me? I love this server and it aggrivates me and probably others when we see it failing simply because of lack of staff and no explanations. I would hate to see this server close down again so I beg one of you just to explain to me and everybody else what is happenening.

Also, for the players who still play and are making money, are they just wasting their time? I think they deserve to know because it is unfair to them if you guys do plan on closing it for now.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:47 PM
projectigi is an unknown quantity at this point
as for i think they are mainly fixing bugs now
and i think they mainly redo scritps and/or fix them at the debug server and upload the fixes to the main server later
Old 03-06-2006, 04:11 PM
A$AP
DarkHero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkHero
Quote:
Originally Posted by disaster
Also, for the players who still play and are making money, are they just wasting their time? I think they deserve to know because it is unfair to them if you guys do plan on closing it for now.
dum de dum fishin... oh yeah im oh so fishin dum de dum... erm sorry, i was uhh fishin making that moneyz... YEAH, i wanna know too
Wow. I'm Back!
Old 03-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Graunch Programmer
Geovanie Legend is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Geovanie Legend Send a message via AIM to Geovanie Legend Send a message via MSN to Geovanie Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Geovanie Legend
As allready stated they have a plenty of bug fixing and rescripting to do in compliance with Graal 4.
It comes with an all new basis for scripting that makes it more like programming so everything on the server had to be rescripted in the first place.
And naturally there will be a plenty of bugs, this just can't be helped no matter what server it is.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:24 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
2K1 has fundamental problems. We just aren't able to get players to make money. They just don't feel obligated to do the jobs on the server like they used to. It might be possible that the entire concept of an economy-based server is dead.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Graunch Programmer
Send a message via ICQ to Geovanie Legend Send a message via AIM to Geovanie Legend Send a message via MSN to Geovanie Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Geovanie Legend
That's not true at all, look at the big name mmorpgs (everquest 2, world of warcraft, etc.)... all economy based and a huge hit.

It's just that anymore most of these people are still fairly new to Graal and aren't use to it, that's why at first the server was loaded with players and now it seems almost dead.

Once things get up to speed it'll pick up again just like it did before.
If you think back to when it was 2001 or Bomy Lands, it wasn't always a big hit... with each new item arrival such as hats and players houses came new players that thought those were cool ideas.

Since then however other servers have adopted the hats npc, they just don't use it like 2k1 does or has in the past (with a limited amount in stock and a marketplace for selling items).

Once bugs are fixed and the begin to release hats, dolls, player houses, etc. things should pick up again.
In the mean time we just need some patience and those who can help should help however they can.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:47 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geovanie Legend
That's not true at all, look at the big name mmorpgs (everquest 2, world of warcraft, etc.)... all economy based and a huge hit.
Those are totally different playerbases. Players of those games are way, way more "hardcore". Those economies are also based on items that can power up a character, rather than 2K1's which is based on conspicuous consumption.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Graunch Programmer
Well obviously it's not that difficult to create a database like that, they allready have the bomy moon quest for the speed npc which is a player enhancement, and others can be made.

I'd say take it as far as armor and crafting but then 2k1 would be too similar to 2k2 which would not be good, however there are many options available.

If servers like Era where they teach kids to use guns and be in gangs can survive than Bomy Lands can certainly do even better.
Honestly, that server should have never been allowed in the first place, but oh well what can ya do, right? lol
Old 03-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
The problem is that no dev staff are working.

Nor are they looking for new dev staff. Screw the bug fixes, get out the big big things asap.

Ugh.. -_-'
Old 03-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Graunch Programmer
I know of 1 dev that's been doing a ton of work, and if they say screw fixing bugs and just pull out new stuff it'll just create that many more problems.

I say fix what you have, then make new.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:54 PM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geovanie Legend
"Everquest 2" and "huge hit" can make any sentence an oxy*****.

Even though oxy*****s are 2 words. Because EQ2 just sucks like that.

Anyway, on topic, there's just not enough change going on. Newbies don't have anything to spend money on and oldbies have that "been there, done that" feel.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:15 AM
dot dot dot
Blitz_Hunter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Blitz_Hunter
You can't revive the dead.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Graunch Programmer
That's not true, people die in hospitals for a short time and come back to life, not to mention i've saved a good amount of animals from dying during my life.

But maybe BL just needs a bit of a makeover or some nice new content once everything gets up to speed.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:10 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Is it hard to understand that same things are boring ? Graal2001 has been the same for years, new stuff would be good.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
Both Googi and Geo make points, but are wrong IMO. Players made tons of money the first few days, and after they made their moeny, did the quests, etc, they wanted to reward themselves with BUYING THINGS. THERE IS NOTHING TO BUY. Lance hasn't been on since last week, has not released Ph's or hats like he said he would, so players leave because it is pointless for them to stay. Im sure hte players who made money will come back after stuff is released but seriously there is some slacking going on.