Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Private forums > Graal4 Forums > Graal V4 Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2005, 03:59 AM
RDxtreme234 is on a distinguished road
Graalv4 Discrimination

Hello, Iam a current player of the Unholy Nation server, and im angered and saddened to say, that there's Graalv4 discrimination over players who are using the newer versions of graal, I personally, think Graal4 is a great new update, and I will re-new my graal gold account once it expires so I can continue to use Graalv4, so I thought to myself, what's the point of even having the old graal exe anymore? so I got rid of it. But what im getting at, is their IS player discrimination for characters using Graalv4, i've been kicked out of over 5-6 events in UN, just because I am using a "newer version of graal" and their only excuse for using it, is that it's "unfair" too other players, saying that it gives me an advantage, how? because my Graal runs slightly smoother than other peoples Graal versions? why should I personally not be able to play Events to furthermore enjoy my stay on UN, just because I have a different version that other players. I would like NeoJenova, and "Mysti" (who shouldn't even be able to be hosting events, considering she's a GP) to be talked to resulting these issues, if at anything they should fix the events, to work with Graalv4, rather than just randomly kicking Graalv4 players. Thank you for listening to my message, and will be looking forward to replys.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:36 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
You shouldn't be kicked out of an event just for using Graal4, unless perhaps the event has a bug in it that affects Graal4 users.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by napo_p2p
You shouldn't be kicked out of an event just for using Graal4, unless perhaps the event has a bug in it that affects Graal4 users.
The only bug in it, is when you would type in an event called "fallout" where you hit the opponent, when you were hit you wouldn't move, but I didn't type once in that event, and right when it was me vs one last guy, she even saw I was moving when I was hit, but she stopped the game, said "YOU'RE USING GRAALV4" I said "so what, I'm not abusing it" and all I saw, was me kicked out of the event
Old 10-04-2005, 05:12 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Graal4 treats players as walls when doing the classic-style hitpush stuff. This is the only difference that you can realistically discriminate against it for. When everyone can use Graal4 there will be no problem with that.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:14 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
There are events on NP as well that we cannot play on version4...I think they just need to be tweeked to work with the new version. I don't see it as discrimination x.x
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 10-04-2005, 05:25 AM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
The main problem, as Lance mentioned, is that Graal4 treats players as walls, and when you get hit and slide back, Graal4 will stop sliding you when it detects a player blocking you. Graal2 doesn't stop if a player is blocking you, so a Graal2 player may end up on top of a Graal4 player. If that happens and the Graal4 player is hit, he/she will not move because the spot they are in is already a wall. The problem should fix itself once Graal2 is disabled.

Old 10-04-2005, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
Graal4 treats players as walls when doing the classic-style hitpush stuff. This is the only difference that you can realistically discriminate against it for. When everyone can use Graal4 there will be no problem with that.
Well it's just the problem is that staff don't listen, so someone should possibly goto UN who's higher staff, and tell them to not kick people just because they feel like using Graalv4
Old 10-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well I said last week that all events must be instantly fixed / v4 enabled or something will happen. It cannot be tolerated. If they feel disadvantaged then they can buy Gold/VIP themself.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:12 PM
British Guy
pacMASTA has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to pacMASTA Send a message via MSN to pacMASTA
Also theirs slightly more logic in graal now, because lasttime i checked you can't walk threw somone. But they should stop complaining and staff should either find away around it, or get a VIP/GOLD.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:58 PM
oh snaps
Now they have no right to kick Graal4 users out of events like 'fallout'. Stefan made it so that Graal4 users are hurt like Graal2 ones.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Well I said last week that all events must be instantly fixed / v4 enabled or something will happen. It cannot be tolerated. If they feel disadvantaged then they can buy Gold/VIP themself.
Thank you Stefan, I pmed alot of the ET's and Neojenova your PM, including a link to the thread, if I get kicked, or see anyone else get kicked for using Graal4 again, I will report back.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:03 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Unholy Nation staff helped me testing the things so it should be ok now I think. They are really fanatic about those events
Old 10-05-2005, 03:13 AM
oh snaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
They are really fanatic about those events
Because the events keep the server together .
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:42 AM
The OtherOther Shaded Leg
Luigi1 is on a distinguished road
Another difference that could be abused is that timeouts aren't stopped while you are paused in v4. So, it'd be possible to use a weapon that spins constantly and hurts in all directions in a timeout loop, pause in v4, and kill everyone without taking a scratch.
*waits for nifty Graal admin person to tell me what happened to vip.graal.net*
Old 10-05-2005, 05:48 AM
G-Unot
Wind_Master is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Wind_Master Send a message via MSN to Wind_Master
This is sorta off topic but hey what the hell figured I give it a shot.

Stefan can you add the option for v4 where you type in the server name like "Reborn Ill" and it sends you to that server. I cant logon to any servers beside the gold,classic,and hosted servers on v4.