Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
New: Updates

Hot New Releases

. Two new weapons have been added. The R51 and the throwing knives.

R51:

4 shots per clip
24 dmg per bullet (shoots two bullets at a time)

Throwing Knives:

5 shots per energy recharge (5 shots before you get 0 energy and you are forced to recharge)
35 dmg

. New feature to the hover bikes has been added. It is now possible to shoot from a hover bike, and, its also possible to attach two hover bikes together.

Attaching two hover bikes together:

Currently, you can only attach two hover bikes together. One of the hover bikes will contain the driver and the other will contain the shooter. The attachment of two hover bikes is done automatically. All you need to do is gather a friend and get two hover bikes (you must both be on the same team). Then decide amongst each other which one of you would like to drive and which would like to shoot.

NOTE: The server will not ask you if you would like to be the driver or the shooter, if you continue reading you will see how it works.

If you would like to be the driver, and you're friend/partner would like to be the shooter, then have your friend/partner stay still while inside the hover bike, and then all you need to do is drive near him/her with your hover bike, and they will both automatically attach. To get into shooting mode, while inside the hover bike, press "d" and then you will be standing on the hover bike with your hands free. While you shoot, the driver will drive you both to whereever you may need to go to.

NOTE: When one of the two hover bikes is destroyed, the two hover bikes will automatically detach. Also note, that currently, both hover bikes have seperate amounts of HP, so the driver needs to know what he/she is doing if you want to create a successful team.

Shoot from a hover bike:

If you want to shoot from a hover bike, but you dont want to attach yourself to a friendly hover bike, then simply get on the hover bike, press "d", take out your weapon, and shoot away.

Enjoy .
Old 03-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Please note that I am currently suppressing my desire to talk about something that might be considered off-topic.

Regarding hoverbikes: I think it would be nice if there were some visual indication of their condition. Perhaps their trail could vary between white and black, depending on how damaged they are?
Old 03-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Well, currently whenever a hoverbike is damaged, its HP is indicated above the hover bike. I suppose different visual conditions can be added so that players could differ bikes with a lot of HP to those with low HP. Also, maybe bikes with low hp would travel slightly slower then they would in perfect condition?
Old 03-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Script Monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet
Well, currently whenever a hoverbike is damaged, its HP is indicated above the hover bike
I know. But that's a sucky, makeshift solution, and it's no use unless you were actually there when the bike was last damaged. If I see a guy speeding past, how do I know how damaged his bike is? It might be worth taking a pot shot at it, but only if I'm certain that it's already near to destruction.

Quote:
I suppose different visual conditions can be added so that players could differ bikes with a lot of HP to those with low HP
Yeah, that's what I said. The color of the trail seems like the best way. We could even throw some little fire sprites in there when it's super-damaged.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Hrmm, I guess it would be helpful. I'll discuss this with Stefan.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Script Monkey
I can do the scripting if necessary. Just let me know.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Programmer/Graphic Design
fexii is on a distinguished road
A note about the hover bikes, when a person uses a chaingun on a hoverbike they can shoot infinitely because they cannot be hurt while on the bike. This nulls the only disadvantage the chaingun has... so it's not so good.

Zone stats at http://zonestats.cjb.net

Old 03-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fexii
A note about the hover bikes, when a person uses a chaingun on a hoverbike they can shoot infinitely because they cannot be hurt while on the bike. This nulls the only disadvantage the chaingun has... so it's not so good.
Well that makes the chaingun interesting I guess You can still try to destroy the bike of the driver
Old 03-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Programmer/Graphic Design
fexii is on a distinguished road
The problem is more present in large groups where you dont have time to single out a chaingunner in the background. A lot of times stray bullets will prevent the chaingun from dominating, but if somebody is poised on a bike in the background it could wipe out a team. I don't think this'll happen often, but I wanted to point it out should it ever become a problem.

Zone stats at http://zonestats.cjb.net

Old 03-17-2005, 08:04 AM
Right...
axman36 is on a distinguished road
Now all we need is a good squad system, Today they tried making squads but I was saying there going to be jumped by 100s of other guys, that happened to me when Me and a gigantic group of people at base 1 got attacked by a seemingly never ending enemy attack.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:23 AM
Right...
axman36 is on a distinguished road
A problem, When someone tried to attach there bike with me, they failed, They couldnt, They drove slowly, I was still, and No results...
Old 03-17-2005, 08:45 AM
nendol02606 is on a distinguished road
Too bad i cant enjoy zone anymore, after being banned for "not respecting gambet". Usually I dont suck up to FAQs, excuse me.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:41 PM
British Guy
pacMASTA has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to pacMASTA Send a message via MSN to pacMASTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fexii
The problem is more present in large groups where you dont have time to single out a chaingunner in the background. A lot of times stray bullets will prevent the chaingun from dominating, but if somebody is poised on a bike in the background it could wipe out a team. I don't think this'll happen often, but I wanted to point it out should it ever become a problem.
THATS WAR BIOTCH ::Slaps::

Wow you all complain alot... WAH WAH HE KILLED ME... For gods sakes you respawn why not get another chain gun and a biker and get him back and stop whineing
Old 03-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
To attach the bike you need to go into gun mode (D), it will not follow the other bike if you are still driving it.
If it's too unbalancing we could also reserve the hover bike duo thing to new maps, need to test it more I guess
Old 03-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
If it's too unbalancing we could also reserve the hover bike duo thing to new maps, need to test it more I guess

I think this could solve that problem....

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=57979