Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Graal Kingdoms Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-28-2003, 08:04 AM
Foxy
Butz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Butz
Just a thought I had.

(Background info)
"Although the monsters in the underworld of Graal pose a significant danger to the populace, they rarely venture out to the overworld. Recently, stronger versions of monsters, which came to be called lords, have appeared across the lands. Where they come from is unknown, as when one is defeated, it merely reappears sometime later.
One theory as to where they have come from is that deeper underground there exists a society of demons. It is further speculated that they are the cause of the strange weather patterns around the islands, for instance, the lack of natural storms. It is thought that they have gathered enough energy to send these Lords to the surface through the use of portals. They are connected to certain points on the surface, which explains why they only first appear in certain places. When a Lord is defeated, it is resurrected by the Demon Lord and readied for combat once again.
Disturbing news has reached some of the Mages across the land. News that since the Lords seem to be ineffective, the Demon Lord is readying a full army for an invasion of the surface world. This invasion can only take place with the positioning of five crystals around the island however. Once placed, the gate will be opened, and the Demon Lord and his minions will pour out at the summoning point, which has unfortunately been identified as Bomboria Town Square..."

Basically, a few things would have to happen for this to occur.
1.) Fix the spells on enemies so they don't hurt themselves.
2.) Make Demon Lord Sprites (Not that bad if you follow how the other Lords have been made)

It would be an event that would happen randomly. The five crystals would appear in locations across the land and begin glowing. If all five are not destroyed within twenty minutes, then the real fun begins. In Bomboria Town Square, the Demon Lord is summoned. He should be immensely stronger than anything else in the server BUT should have no health regeneration. (Demons can't regenerate on the Surface World). It'll take a small army to take him down, but he'll eventually die. Also, he summons minions (The Demon Monsters).
When defeated, he drops a new item, the Demon's Necklace (which can be gotten just like the Lord items, (Tooth, Horn, Spore, E-Plasm) ) Speed +1, Str +2, Con -2, Pow - 2. (Increases Speed and Strength, but since it's a Demonic Item, it lowers the user's health and magical power.)

Anyway, just an Idea.

FoxKelfonne @ DeviantART(updated: Dec 14, 2010)
Many Thanks to konidias for my avatar

Shawn Kelfonne - Aegis Mage of Dustari
Old 10-28-2003, 08:26 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
We could easily extend this whole event over a course of several days... and make the reward obtainable to a widespread of people... instead of one Demon necklace... you could have each Crystal explode into 20 crystal shards, and the demon necklace shatter into 50 crystal shards... each and every crystal shard spread and sink into the ground... now like the easter egg event... people have to dig for them...

When one possesses a shard... they can choose to trade it in for a minor powered item... or manage to collect 6 shards of different types and create an amazing item... one person can only dig up 1 of each type of crystal...

Also the demon lord has to be tough as nails... from what I hear... people are close/already have broken the level 70 mark... (I won't mention names)
Here are some stats I would like to see
HP 10400
SP 3200
AC:-52 WC:-88
Armour+90% Magic Resist +75% Fire Resist +100% Cold Resist +75% Electricity Resist +85% Acid Resist +90% Poison Resist +90% Holyword -50% Blinding -45% All other resists +25%
Regeneration+20, Magic +10, Disease Immunity, Permanent Flaming Aura, Experience Drain Hit, Area effect hit, Acid attack.

..... Looking up at this... maybe ... it could have some of those... not all.... I just realized that no one would be able to kill this lol....

...Or maybe you can just ignore my post entirely lol
Old 10-28-2003, 09:00 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
I would like to see an RP event with a giant fish lord that's like super hard to kill =P

Old 10-28-2003, 10:52 AM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
I like the idea, the demon lord in combination with the shards - specially as there wouldn't be a problem with people fighting over the only prize. As for shards, they should be like the secondary lord droppings, but behave like relics - you cannot drop them unless you give them to a special NPC. It would be nice if you could select from demon- helmet, shield, bracers and gloves, which cost 3 shards, and for an extra shard you can get them to +1 or something. Advantages and disadvantages should be balanced in some way, i.e. fire-resist + but cold-resist -. I'd love to see this event being helt...

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 10-28-2003, 07:51 PM
graaliholic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to graaliholic
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterNuke
Experience Drain Hit, Area effect hit, Acid attack.
How about attacktypes: Physical, fire, godpower, acid, slow, poison, drain, and disease? :P That would make it VERY dangerous to fight, even for the level 70ish people who don't want their equip/exp to get ruined/drained.

Quote:
From an Instant Message Conversation
ChrisTheDuckMan: wts
ChrisTheDuckMan: you > me
Justin: pwned bish! ;-)
ChrisTheDuckMan: atfu
Old 10-28-2003, 08:09 PM
Elite Sheep
Why so complicated? Also, I don't think he should be too strong - meaning that he'd ruing people's exp and equipment by draining and acid. Give him a flaming aura and attacks of godpower, if the other stats fit he should be a nut hard enough to crack.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2003, 04:56 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
If he was easy as pie... the event would be lame and last only 5 minutes after 3842879 hours or preparation...
Old 10-29-2003, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Satrek2000
Why so complicated? Also, I don't think he should be too strong - meaning that he'd ruing people's exp and equipment by draining and acid. Give him a flaming aura and attacks of godpower, if the other stats fit he should be a nut hard enough to crack.
I think the point of making it so godly is so that people DON'T want it to get summoned, hence breaking all the crystals before it gets summoned.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Elite Sheep
Quote:
Originally posted by graaliholic
I think the point of making it so godly is so that people DON'T want it to get summoned, hence breaking all the crystals before it gets summoned.
To get people to destroy the crystals, make the items you get for protential shards strong enough.
How about this, you have an demon lord which moves at three times a normal lord's speed, has all resistances at 80, all other stats of brigid's avatar doubled, and attacks using fast bullets (I don't like fire spells as they destroy items permanently... ). If he is destroyed, you get no prize, but a demon bone shard which is in general a black dagger, but can be traded in like a crystal shard. This way, people will go for the crystals rather than wait for the monstrum. I still think no monster should take exp though, and destroying equipment (acid)... only if there's a way to repair is.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2003, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Satrek2000

To get people to destroy the crystals, make the items you get for protential shards strong enough.
How about this, you have an demon lord which moves at three times a normal lord's speed, has all resistances at 80, all other stats of brigid's avatar doubled, and attacks using fast bullets (I don't like fire spells as they destroy items permanently... ). If he is destroyed, you get no prize, but a demon bone shard which is in general a black dagger, but can be traded in like a crystal shard. This way, people will go for the crystals rather than wait for the monstrum. I still think no monster should take exp though, and destroying equipment (acid)... only if there's a way to repair is.
Items can be made fire-immune. Stefan did that with mailboxes and doors to houses. You only lose exp if you're not immune to drain, a few rings and gods will grant you immunity to it. Acid generally takes out your bracers if you have them, and other equipment randomly if you don't. Just get some regular bracers, wear them while fighting, then if they get damged drop them in the anti-magic pool, and all is fixed.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2003, 01:10 AM
Elite Sheep
Quote:
Originally posted by graaliholic
Items can be made fire-immune. Stefan did that with mailboxes and doors to houses. You only lose exp if you're not immune to drain, a few rings and gods will grant you immunity to it. Acid generally takes out your bracers if you have them, and other equipment randomly if you don't. Just get some regular bracers, wear them while fighting, then if they get damged drop them in the anti-magic pool, and all is fixed.
Sure, items can be immune - but many aren't, I don't think money, rings and armour are - not saying that it's wise to drop them, but just in general I don't like items being accidentally destroyed.
As for acid and bracers, what do you mean by regular bracers? There are none in the game, only event bracers and I wouldn't call them regular - if anything, they are rare and not as easy to get. There should be craftable bracers and gloves, using reasonable rescources.

Quote: