Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-06-2003, 12:37 PM
DevilsDice is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DevilsDice
Gloves of the Bandit

If all of you hadnt of heard, the gloves of the bandits were created, then somebody sold them to somebody, and so on.

That last recipient was me. I held those gloves for over, 3 weeks I believe.

Ac+1
Wc+1
Dex+1

Getting offers like RoW's and Warhammers, but unfortunately, I didnt complete those deals...

Instead, I told a staff member, and tonite, Friday Sept 5, Tseng rid of these gloves, and "compansated" me with Havoks and 6 EA's...

Of course, I'm unhappy with that, but I'm "lucky" to have received "anything" for doing the "right thing"...

But in reality, the words didnt come out right... It was more like, I had been ****ed, out of the best damn gloves in the game, and heres some peices of **** for you, have fun and enjoy!

I admit, I purchased those off of somebody for USD. OK, so sue me. But what I got in return, was less then I expected, or then what I paid for the other gloves...

Anywhom, this isnt a thread for any of you to even post on, just wanted you all too know, I had them, blah blah.

K thx Bai

Also, no I did not purchase Inferno / row / ros / bracers / anything else usd >.>

"Bang" - Vash the Stampede - Trigun

"Bang"- Spike Speigal - Cowboy Bebop
Old 09-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Why the hel would you perchase them for usd? Those gloves suck compared to marksmanship or any other glove. Your lucky you even got something for the gloves, so why are you being a ***** about giving them up? :o
Old 09-06-2003, 05:23 PM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
Bull****; last night you said geno gave them to you.

And now, you want to complain, without your complaint being examined/posted on? I'm starting to get tired of your hypocricy (asking others not to post in your threads, but feeling it's alright to post in whatever thread you want).

And I think a perfect havoks and 6 EAs is good compensation for an item which arguably should not exist at all. If you had not talked to me, the odds are it would have been removed, and would you have gotten anything at all? Probably not, dude.
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 09-06-2003, 06:09 PM
graaliholic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to graaliholic
Quote:
Originally posted by Tseng
And I think a perfect havoks and 6 EAs is good compensation for an item which arguably should not exist at all.
Havok's gloves shouldn't exist at all, but they do. :o

Quote:
From an Instant Message Conversation
ChrisTheDuckMan: wts
ChrisTheDuckMan: you > me
Justin: pwned bish! ;-)
ChrisTheDuckMan: atfu
Old 09-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
Dude you're rather fortunate...I don't think anyone else that had items removed got anything at all. Sorry that person ripped you off with the USD deal you made with 'em cause I'm positive he was aware of the consequences of owning the item (having it removed.)

Old 09-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Sublime
Quote:
Originally posted by graaliholic

Havok's gloves shouldn't exist at all, but they do. :o
Agreed, but as you said, they do. They are not terribly strong, but not terribly useless either. It seemed a fitting compensation.
-----
Old 09-06-2003, 11:30 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
a staff member named James gave me the gloves.
i then sold them for USD to argosax, stefan told me that selling items for USD is not illegal, just advertising them on graal is illegal, me and agrosax had a AIM relation ship were i would sell him things. i do think it was unfare that he had them taken from him. for a Staff member issued them to me himself they were not stolen or hacked or anything like that. but thats not really my say so :X

well what makes them so good is that it has +1 WC in the mix so when you EA it, it not only levels up your AC but WC as well, and it also has the (Stealth) attribute which also will probley come in handy when that is implamented.

Quote:
Originally posted by --Chris--
Dude you're rather fortunate...I don't think anyone else that had items removed got anything at all. Sorry that person ripped you off with the USD deal you made with 'em cause I'm positive he was aware of the consequences of owning the item (having it removed.)
how come if a staff member gives you something that means it can be removed at anytime, thats some messed up rules and your wrong i was not aware of them.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Ziro_Vitrudestec is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ziro_Vitrudestec
Why do so many Graalians feel the need to type "dude" in every one of their posts?

Anyhow...Thanks for sharing your story with us :-D
Old 09-07-2003, 12:36 AM
skyler87 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skyler87
I suppose the lesson here is to never tell staff if you have an item that you believe is illegal.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:47 AM
Sublime
Quote:
Originally posted by Geno
a staff member named James gave me the gloves.
i then sold them for USD to argosax, stefan told me that selling items for USD is not illegal, just advertising them on graal is illegal, me and agrosax had a AIM relation ship were i would sell him things. i do think it was unfare that he had them taken from him. for a Staff member issued them to me himself they were not stolen or hacked or anything like that. but thats not really my say so :X

well what makes them so good is that it has +1 WC in the mix so when you EA it, it not only levels up your AC but WC as well, and it also has the (Stealth) attribute which also will probley come in handy when that is implamented.

how come if a staff member gives you something that means it can be removed at anytime, thats some messed up rules and your wrong i was not aware of them.
Jagen said you destroyed the illegal items he gave you. Which fo you two was lying?

Quote:
Originally posted by skyler87
I suppose the lesson here is to never tell staff if you have an item that you believe is illegal.
That's a _great_ way to be recompensed at all when it gets removed.
-----
Old 09-07-2003, 12:51 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec
Why do so many Graalians feel the need to type "dude" in every one of their posts?
Maybe because that's how they talk?
Old 09-07-2003, 01:18 AM
skyler87 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skyler87
Quote:
Originally posted by Tseng
That's a _great_ way to be recompensed at all when it gets removed.
Many, many people use illegal items, and they are only removed if someone tells staff. Toran could have continued using his bonecrusher if he had not let anyone else know about it (like markb) and staff would have never figured it out. Argo would've had those gloves forever if he hadn't told everyone on the server about them. It's sad, but it's true.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:19 AM
Quote:
...why wouldnt you? I just figured I'd get what I deserved, regardless of the many other things Chris found out from me.

Quote:
According to your PM in-game, I've been rather screwed over thanks.

Quote:
Jagen said you destroyed the illegal items he gave you. Which fo you two was lying?
He sold me the gloves long before he was ever announcing quitting. Well, actually only a week or two in advance. Geno also said, and did burn the items, which were not purchased I believe.

Old 09-07-2003, 01:21 AM
Quote:

Many, many people use illegal items, and they are only removed if someone tells staff. Toran could have continued using his bonecrusher if he had not let anyone else know about it (like markb) and staff would have never figured it out. Argo would've had those gloves forever if he hadn't told everyone on the server about them. It's sad, but it's true.
True but would it be the right thing to do? We all ***** and whine about unbalancedness of the game, then we use / have used illegal items?? Really now. c.c

Old 09-07-2003, 01:22 AM
Sublime
Quote:

Wrong, I knew he had a bonecrusher before anyone told me. I saw it myself.
-----