Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 07:53 AM
The David
Projectshifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
Servers being hacked || Quitting??

Lately a few servers have been hacked. One of them was Sobek Online and one was my own server, Shifter. Someone made a mistake. A trusted friend didn't IP lock his friend (who manages my 2nd PW Aura) and he got on, and someone (Loriel last changed my server options =/) changed npcrights=false and he was allowed access and deleted all my npcs... all the hard work that I put into them.
I'm so upset, I try, I work hard, and I try and help people, and this is the thanks I get. I found a link to the Anti-Graal forums, and Kangarooman (stupid prick who did it) put that he loves taking good people and making them look corrupt.
So because of stupid mistakes that SHOULDN'T have happened, that i trusted to be taken care of... all that hard work r0bin and I put in is gone. I hope you're happy that you've ruined this for me.
I think I might quit GST, and Graal all together. Scripting was fun for me, it was something that made me happy and kept me going when things sucked... and it's just been ruined for me. There was no reason for me to keep backups of my weapons, as R0bin and I were the only 2 with NPC rights to them... but someone changed the npcrights=false. I dunno if it was Loriel who did it, but this is what was in logs as the last person to change the serveroptions, which was done b/4 and I had to fix:
Quote:
Time: Thu Aug 7 23:35:53 2003
Loriel has updated the server options
I just don't know what to do, I'll decide sometime this week.
---Shifter
Old 08-19-2003, 08:04 AM
Deek2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Servers being hacked || Quitting??

Quote:
Originally posted by Projectshifter
Lately a few servers have been hacked. One of them was Sobek Online and one was my own server, Shifter. Someone made a mistake. A trusted friend didn't IP lock his friend (who manages my 2nd PW Aura) and he got on, and someone (Loriel last changed my server options =/) changed npcrights=false and he was allowed access and deleted all my npcs... all the hard work that I put into them.
I'm so upset, I try, I work hard, and I try and help people, and this is the thanks I get. I found a link to the Anti-Graal forums, and Kangarooman (stupid prick who did it) put that he loves taking good people and making them look corrupt.
So because of stupid mistakes that SHOULDN'T have happened, that i trusted to be taken care of... all that hard work r0bin and I put in is gone. I hope you're happy that you've ruined this for me.
I think I might quit GST, and Graal all together. Scripting was fun for me, it was something that made me happy and kept me going when things sucked... and it's just been ruined for me. There was no reason for me to keep backups of my weapons, as R0bin and I were the only 2 with NPC rights to them... but someone changed the npcrights=false. I dunno if it was Loriel who did it, but this is what was in logs as the last person to change the serveroptions, which was done b/4 and I had to fix:

I just don't know what to do, I'll decide sometime this week.
---Shifter
This is a bad decision you're making. You should never let a *****'s wrath take the best of you. You're actions are what's exactly going to make him satisfied. He's wanting you to quit. You're not going to do that for him, are you? True, not backing up your NPCs and not setting rights for a couple of accounts was not the brightest thing to do, and you deserve what's led to your downfall. You guys give up hope too fast. This I see way too much now. Just think: Is there any other possible way you can solve this other than just giving up completley and forgetting everything that you've done? Maybe restarting could be a good thing: You learn from the mistakes you have made, and you've learned alot over the time of your scripting. You can use this to rebuild your scripts, and they will be alot better programming and memory usage wise.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:07 AM
The David
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
It wasn't my mistake though... it was Sab's...
I don't know what to do :'(
---Shifter
Old 08-19-2003, 08:13 AM
Quote:
I don't know what to do :'(
---Shifter
Then you shouldn't be blaming it on yourself. You're taking someone elses problem and blaming it on yourself. If it wasn't your problem in the first place, then why are you trying to quit?
Old 08-19-2003, 08:31 AM
The David
Quote:
Originally posted by Deek2

Then you shouldn't be blaming it on yourself. You're taking someone elses problem and blaming it on yourself. If it wasn't your problem in the first place, then why are you trying to quit?
All of my hard-worked and coded NPC's are gone...
My server... it's just that it hurts so badly =*(
---Shifter
Old 08-19-2003, 08:33 AM
wonderboysp2p is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wonderboysp2p
PS no matter how hard we try there will always be someone working against us, with or without reason. The only way they can win is by you letting yourself be beaten. ive never heard of 'kangarooman' and i hope never to again but PS bro.. Dont Quit!

we are the llama FORUms!!!EWQ Ce13d5423f23!! 2e1 @$6tgv3uy65!
Old 08-19-2003, 08:35 AM
Sparked.
MarkB is on a distinguished road
It isnt sabs server, it is ps's. If he never asked sab if he set the ip, sab is not at fault, maybe a bit of ignorance but nothing major. Ps should be checking IPs often...and making sure they are not changed..Myself and NyT check ips about 5 times in a week..

Graal Kingdoms Event Master
I am tired to wake up the morning to see the forum going each day worst and worst because of a few people trying to ruin this forums. If you don't play any more Graal neither like the managment then what are you doing there ? I will not let anyone ruin the friendship of the community, we are there to have fun and not to have stress ! If you have bad energy to spend against something, then take a punching ball. This is the Third time i warn to not continue this way, so the next step will be to put out of the community trouble makers. -Unixmad

My point of view is your tooth are not big enough to hit me because if it were you will have eaten me since a while. Personaly i will never eat you because it will really taste bad. -Unixmad
Old 08-19-2003, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by wonderboysp2p
PS no matter how hard we try there will always be someone working against us, with or without reason. The only way they can win is by you letting yourself be beaten. ive never heard of 'kangarooman' and i hope never to again but PS bro.. Dont Quit!
You can always prove your enemies wrong by showing them that there actions haven't affected you at all. You shouldn't let this get to you that bad. This is a game, not a working environment. You should expect something like this to happen, especially when this game is known to have idiots that like to go around and ruin it for others. There just trying to make you quit so that they can have a reputation they've been longing to have for a long time.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:41 AM
Yuffie99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yuffie99
I know who is responsible for this..
*Tseng: have a nice day, good luck with the server
RC disconnected: Tseng
Old 08-19-2003, 08:49 AM
draco5432 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And you called me friend....sorry but shifter really wasnt my responsibility, yes i chenged the IP ranges, but i missed 1, my best friends IP, sorry, but people make mistakes, You stay on graal, i am the one who is leaving in the first place....because OH YEA like you said, it was my fault
Old 08-19-2003, 08:50 AM
wonderboysp2p is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wonderboysp2p
yuffie, You might wanna have something more in there like who it was?

anU... "werd" does not qualify as a valid post in my book

we are the llama FORUms!!!EWQ Ce13d5423f23!! 2e1 @$6tgv3uy65!
Old 08-19-2003, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by draco5432

And you called me friend....sorry but shifter really wasnt my responsibility, yes i chenged the IP ranges, but i missed 1, my best friends IP, sorry, but people make mistakes, You stay on graal, i am the one who is leaving in the first place....because OH YEA like you said, it was my fault
If it wasn't your responsibility, then it's obvious you shouldn't have that kind of power, right? And how come it had to be your 'best friend' that happend to have no IP? Something sounds kind of fishy to me. Your best friend does not give a good enough reson to why he should be the one that doesn't have an IP set.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:57 AM
Nil Recurring
Nitkizi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitkizi
Don't leave over something so silly...After awhile you may realize all of that stuff can be made much better like another said.

I know a friend of mine shares the account KangarooMan, he is computer illiterate so I'm 100% sure it wasn't him.

But, yeah, I've had lots of my own work deleted once before also..Lots of levels, and articles I've written, all because I was careless. Let this be a lesson to you, whenever an athlete makes a mistake, they go back and work on what happened and fix the problem. Just go back continue to have your fun and be a bit more cautious.
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Old 08-19-2003, 08:59 AM
Sparked.
MarkB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by wonderboysp2p

anU... "werd" does not qualify as a valid post in my book

how can you say that? you dont even know how to read

as for this issue, ps there is only 1 thing you can do...start over..i know it sounds like hella work but what else would you do? quit? give in? show your a pansy? nah, that wouldnt be the ps i know...come back and learn from your mistakes and make shifter better than it was before.

Graal Kingdoms Event Master
I am tired to wake up the morning to see the forum going each day worst and worst because of a few people trying to ruin this forums. If you don't play any more Graal neither like the managment then what are you doing there ? I will not let anyone ruin the friendship of the community, we are there to have fun and not to have stress ! If you have bad energy to spend against something, then take a punching ball. This is the Third time i warn to not continue this way, so the next step will be to put out of the community trouble makers. -Unixmad

My point of view is your tooth are not big enough to hit me because if it were you will have eaten me since a while. Personaly i will never eat you because it will really taste bad. -Unixmad
Old 08-19-2003, 09:01 AM
draco5432 is on a distinguished road
I set his IP on aura, thats why i probably forgot to set it on shifter, and the ip address that tseng found that was doing it, wasnt even close to my friends....so it wasnt him, it wasnt me, and i dont know who it was...
Closed Thread