Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-20-2003, 08:56 PM
Role-playing Overseer
Discharge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Discharge
Paladin Code

I. Fealty: A legacy from long-lost knights, Fealty described the relationship between a feudal lord and his knights. The Knights swore to protect the land and his lord in exchange for protection, support and property. When monarchies were established, the knight swore fealty to the king. In the 11th century, knighthood became a holy duty and knights were called to pledge fealty to the church. Fealty involves obeying commands from a law-abiding good patron, protecting and guarding him and his ideals, even sacrificing his life for the cause. A Paladin must pledge fealty to something. As a minimum, he can pledge fealty to a good church or philosophic movement or organization. It is this pledge that gives the Paladin his power. He can then pledge fealty to a lawful and good government (if one exists) or organization . He can't pledge fealty both to a church and philosophy and he can't pledge fealty to the government alone. Typical fealty obligations involve obeying the patron's edicts, promote the patron's ideals and guarding the patron and his ideas with one's life. Fealty is intertwined with other elements of the Paladin Code, Faith and Honor.

II. Courtesy: Courtesy involves more than following rules of etiquette. A Paladin is polite to everyone, maintains self-control, considers the feelings of others and take care not to offend them, speaks with kindness, behaves with dignity at all times and respects friends and foes alike. A Paladin though should not be lost in the typical forms of etiquette. He need not concern himself with trivial matters such as "which is the right hand to use the knife with". Nor will he keep his silence, when the truth must be spoken, to avoid offending someone. A Paladin will do his best to be polite when addressing anyone but he has to be true to his word and not fall into the "False talk" trap of etiquette. Courtesy involves calls of judgment and is developed through constant exercise. Novice Paladins usually have a hard time balancing Courtesy with another element of the Paladin Code, Honesty.

III. Honor: Honor involves behaving in a morally sound manner even when the Paladin is by himself. Honor involves respect for anyone who shares the Paladin's ideals of goodness and justice. The Paladin shows mercy and refuses to inflict undue suffering even to his worst enemies. A Paladin acknowledges the dignity of all law-abiding good people, regardless of race, by treating them with respect. A Paladin dies before compromising his principles, betraying his patron, renouncing his faith or abandoning his duty. Honor is a matter of being true to one's self. Honor couples with Honesty and Fealty, two other elements of the Paladin Code.

IV. Honesty: While Honor is a matter of being true to one's self, Honesty is defined as "being true to others". A Paladin always tells the truth, as he knows it. He may choose to remain silent or withhold information but he will never intentionally misguide anyone, even his enemies. Speaking the Truth is tricky, as it may violate another element of the Paladin Code, Courtesy. The Paladin, if he chooses to speak, will tell nothing but the truth. Usually the answers have to be carefully spoken, since bluntly speaking the truth will violate the Courtesy element. A Paladin will not make promises lightly but once he gives his word, he will always keep it. Honesty balances with Courtesy and couples with Honor.

V. Valor: A Paladin demonstrates unparalleled courage at all times. He will face the greatest dangers to fulfill a promise or a duty. A Paladin will never yield or flee in battle unless he is greatly outnumbered or receives a direct order from a peer. Nevertheless, a Paladin will never retreat if the life of another is at stake or other elements of his Code will be compromised because of his retreat. Valor embraces and supports most elements of the Paladin Code, protecting the whole from compromise and enabling the Paladin to uphold his sacred duty with a true heart.

VI. Humility: A Paladin remains humble in spirit and action. Humility keeps the Paladin's feet on the ground and protects him from the vilest enemy of the Paladin Code, Pride. A Paladin knows what he is, and that is enough for his self-esteem. He will never preach his status or his achievements with arrogance. He never speaks highly of himself. Praises embarrass him and the knowledge of a job well done suffices as thanks. A Paladin's only reward is the happiness of the people, the victory of Light over Darkness and world peace. A Paladin's inner pride flows from the Paladin Code, not from human praises or rewards.

VII. Selflessness: Paladins will not seek excess wealth for themselves, but strive to build home for the homeless, heal the sick and feed the poor. A Paladin will give his food to a hungry child even if that will mean starvation for himself. He will use his excess funds to help all those in need. He will cover his friends retreat even if he has to die. He will sacrifice his life to save another. Selflessness is the desire of the Paladin to become one with his principles.

VIII. Faith: The last but not the least basic element of the Paladin Code is Faith. Faith is as simple as eating. It cannot be acquired by exercise or philosophy reading. It's the ultimate state of the Paladin's mind. Faith makes the Code whole, assembles and connects the other virtues. It can only be described as "believe in yourself". Faith gives life to the other elements. Faith and Fealty give the Paladin his supernatural abilities. Faith in a virtue, faith in a deity, faith in a philosophy, faith in one's abilities, faith in Light, faith in Goodness, Faith in Justice, Faith in Peace, Faith in one's self, the element that transforms the Paladin from a mortal Champion of Goodness to a Divine Warrior of Light.

This is for those of you that wish to become great Paladins in a good role-playing fashion.

Discharge : RETIRED
2001-2005
Old 06-25-2003, 01:01 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Now we only need a dark paladin code >:]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 06-25-2003, 11:10 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
The is no such a thing. A "dark" Paladin is not really a Paladin anymore, his heart and soul has been consumed by the darkness and has turned evil. Therefore he is no longer a Paladin, but a follower of the darkness. Many reasons will cause this, such things as greed and lust.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:23 PM
Shadow
DragonX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DragonX
Ahhh, why do you always have to type so small, it hurts my eyes.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:43 PM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
The is no such a thing. A "dark" Paladin is not really a Paladin anymore, his heart and soul has been consumed by the darkness and has turned evil. Therefore he is no longer a Paladin, but a follower of the darkness. Many reasons will cause this, such things as greed and lust.
But the Dark Follower would still call himself a Paladin.

Like in FFX when Seymore says he's doing good for Spira... yet he's killing everyone.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:52 AM
Role-playing Overseer
Quote:
Originally posted by Zurkiba

But the Dark Follower would still call himself a Paladin.

Like in FFX when Seymore says he's doing good for Spira... yet he's killing everyone.
Well in some stories Paladins who have fallen (Went from good to evil) became known as Death Knights after their deaths. However, there is no such thing as a dark Paladin, that is only something twisted that somebody made up.

To the Dragon, It is perfectly legible and looks more professional in my opinion. You should go here, www.visiondirect.com

2001-2005
Old 06-26-2003, 01:02 AM
Mister 1,000,000
There was a opposite of Paladin
maybe black gaurd, could be it too.

Quote:
stefan is satan
I am the best.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:06 AM
Shadow
DragonX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DragonX
Quote:
Originally posted by Discharge

To the Dragon, It is perfectly legible and looks more professional in my opinion. You should go here, www.visiondirect.com
Trying to insult me? My vision is fine but when I read every other thread that has normal size letters and then read one of your threads it is very annoying and causes me not to even read what you type.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:13 AM
Role-playing Overseer
Quote:
Originally posted by GoZelda
There was a opposite of Paladin
maybe black gaurd, could be it too.
Again, it may be an opposite of what that person believes but there is no such thing as a dark Paladin.

To the Dragon: I don't understand why your having such a hard time reading my font, no one has ever complain and I can read it perfectly fine. Heck im on a 1024X768 Resolution and I can read it just fine. However if it bothers the great blue Dragon, I'll increase the font size.

2001-2005
Old 06-30-2003, 05:47 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
It's funny when I login GK or another server and see people with the nicks unholy paladin or dark paladin or something of the sort. I like to laugh at that.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Shadow Monk Dashio
feivel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to feivel
Heh unholy paladin. Technically, it is possible. Yes I realise the word Paladin means good and cant be used to describe evil...
and the people arent. They are using it in conjuction with the word Unholy or Dakr or Evil. Which is possible you could be an Unholy Paladin, if you were a paladin, then became Unholy, you are no longer a Paladin, you are an unholy Paladin. Its kinda like how in crayola packs there is a crayon that says green. and then there is one that says green-yellow. Well you can say hey that makes sense cus by definition Green is not yellow, and they arent saying that it is yellow, they are saying it is modified. Now at this point whatever I am saying probably is a redicilious stretch but whatever.
ok fine i blasted that guy with a shotgun

Old 06-30-2003, 10:05 PM
Mister 1,000,000
mikethedarkpaladin does his accountname honor for he PKs everyone on sight x.x

Quote:
stefan is satan
I am the best.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:41 AM
Role-playing Overseer
Quote:
Originally posted by feivel
Heh unholy paladin. Technically, it is possible. Yes I realise the word Paladin means good and cant be used to describe evil...
and the people arent. They are using it in conjuction with the word Unholy or Dakr or Evil. Which is possible you could be an Unholy Paladin, if you were a paladin, then became Unholy, you are no longer a Paladin, you are an unholy Paladin. Its kinda like how in crayola packs there is a crayon that says green. and then there is one that says green-yellow. Well you can say hey that makes sense cus by definition Green is not yellow, and they arent saying that it is yellow, they are saying it is modified. Now at this point whatever I am saying probably is a redicilious stretch but whatever.

Heh, Ok.

Look at it this way, its like saying "I am the Dark Saint" or "I am the Unholy Saint" or "I'm the Evil Saint." Well this goes along with Paladins, your either a Paladin or not. There is no one between. Like your either a saint or not. If a saint goes evil, his no longer a saint period. You guys are saying "Well since he went evil he must be a Dark Saint, his not because he is no longer a saint because saints are not evil." Bottom line is there is no such thing as an evil saint nor is there an evil/dark Paladin.

Now as for "Zormites Paladins," there not. I've seen many of them and if you say Hi to them they attack you and start speaking in internet short hand insult talk towards you. Just because it says Paladin does not mean your a Paladin. Your a Paladin through your actions not because a pretty tag has your name written on it with Paladin.

2001-2005
Old 07-01-2003, 11:48 AM
Mister 1,000,000
Who are they? And how dare you insult my kingdom!

Quote:
stefan is satan
I am the best.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:03 PM
Role-playing Overseer
Quote:
Originally posted by GoZelda
Who are they? And how dare you insult my kingdom!
Heh, so your saying your kingdom is made of people like this? This was during when Zormite was simply Zormite, I haven't seen any Paladins running around from the Republic so I'm not insulting your kingdom.

2001-2005