Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 04:32 AM
Banned
Nemesis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Send a message via AIM to Nemesis
Exclamation PWA Starts a Month or less

As you may or may not know. I've been doing a lot and having no help but as of now that changes. Therefore people will not blame me for things not getting done because the team takes the fall if anything happens we will try to bring out the best in graal.

Goal:

To provide graal servers with contacts and problem solvers for their issues and concerns. If a server needs help doing whatever or needs someone to scope out things or handle something they cannot handle it will be dealt with. (may change in the future)

Also we will inspect playerworlds for illegal gfx and all that stuff you should already know about. Also they will be able to provide rulings, staff updates, and graal exceptions to playerworld staff before it is released to the graal public.

Requirements:

+ You must have worked on a server as an Admin of some kind. If you were LAT, GAT, NPC captains or higher you may also apply for this position as well.

+ You MUST be willing to leave your current position if you do work on a server to work on this team. There is no exceptions to the ruling

+ You must comply with all rules and regulations of the team. If you are not happy with someone telling you how to do things and such, please do not apply

+ You must have atleast 5 staff admin supports from 5 different servers (not 2k2, not 2k1, not Classic). You may stack 2 from a server. For example 2 Admins from Delteria for an example, but you may not have more than 2 admins from one server and you can only have it once. Therefore you cannot have 2 from Delteria and 2 from UN.....as an example

+ You must write atleast 2 paragraphs on why you would be a positive asset to the team. Spelling does count, so if you cannot spell correctly you will be tossed aside. We all make mistakes, but this is formal and we have spell check and grammar check (even tho it may not be correct, hey it's a requirement)

This is for the first testing of it all. If you get an email back you have been accepted. If you bother me about reading your application or if you got accepted, you can simply just consider yourself removed from your chance of being part of this team.

Format:

This is how I want the email structured. If you cannot follow directions

email: [email protected]
Subject: PWA Application ________ (please put your graal name in the space)

In the email itself put

First Name:
Graalian Name:
Account Name:
Primary Server:
Staff Positions: -list all positions and servers here-
Staff Supports: -Name here- / -staff position- / -server here-

Then type your 2-3 paragraphs. Then it'll be chosen on your skills and who supports you and everything. This will all be verified. So if you lie, there goes your chances. Everyone has a fair chance

Also undeveloped servers and under construction servers DO NOT COUNT as supports. Has to be a server with over 10 players. They will be verified.

Happy Applying. If you think this is unfair...then do not apply...simple as that.

Last edited by Nemesis; 04-14-2003 at 05:58 AM..
Old 04-14-2003, 06:28 AM
Shadow
DragonX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DragonX
Can you explain this a bit more thoroughly?
"+ You must have atleast 5 staff admin supports from 5 different servers (not 2k2, not 2k1, not Classic). You may stack 2 from a server. For example 2 Admins from Delteria for an example, but you may not have more than 2 admins from one server and you can only have it once. Therefore you cannot have 2 from Delteria and 2 from UN.....as an example "
Old 04-14-2003, 06:28 AM
Banned
If I get a lot of applications and cannot select, I will use the supports as a tie-breaker.

Eg. Getting a FAQ Admin and someone gets the Manager of the server... that will be the deciding factor in if I have a large number of good applications.

Apps close on Friday of this week. Any after friday will not be counted and instantly deleted.

Also, for people supporting...ENSURE you select who you want, because these people represent you and basically inspect your worlds and they have a large play in this. So I suggest you limit your supports.

Also if I see someone supporting more than 3 people, I will toss out the application. I really hope people can get supports from people they do not know rather than people they know because it'll make it honest but hey. I do indeed check up on the supports. So if you say "oh this person will support me" and you didn't ask them prior to doing it...then obviously you cheated and your application will be voided.

Any other news...I'll post below here. Happy Appin'
Old 04-14-2003, 06:31 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by DragonX
Can you explain this a bit more thoroughly?
"+ You must have atleast 5 staff admin supports from 5 different servers (not 2k2, not 2k1, not Classic). You may stack 2 from a server. For example 2 Admins from Delteria for an example, but you may not have more than 2 admins from one server and you can only have it once. Therefore you cannot have 2 from Delteria and 2 from UN.....as an example "
Meaning

You cannot have only 2 supports from the a server once.

I do not know how you wish me to explain it thoroughly. But that is for that. So 2 admin supports lets say from UN, then you have 3 more supports and that means 3 different servers for those 3 supports. Cannot have more than one after you used it for another server.

As stated...Classic, 2k1, 2k2, are not included. Global Staff is not included either. So do not try those approaches.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:54 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Perhaps a better way to phrase it would be: Your supports must come from at least four separate servers.

Nemesis, you are the mod here so you don't need to unlock the thread to post in it.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:54 AM
Banned
Applications Closed

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
Perhaps a better way to phrase it would be: Your supports must come from at least four separate servers.

Nemesis, you are the mod here so you don't need to unlock the thread to post in it.

[edited]Applications closed.

Since people waited till the LAST minute to things done. At 3pm Eastern time, I will no longer accept est time zone applications. If you wish to complain, I don't care because I have 45 applications and only 2 were sent just after I posted. Anyone in the pacific time zone is excused due to me being 3 hours ahead, so they do have till 3pm Pacific time to email me applications. I know who is in what time zone, if not I will find out easily. Anyhow. Applications close 3pm Easten time, anyone on the west coast has till 3pm pst...That is all

You will get an email back with a mini questionaire. Random questions. It'll screen people to see who can provide the best answers.

I guess I didn't know I could just post, anyhow it worked out ok because I wanted to also see if anyone would post a question, even tho I didn't think someone would but it worked out both ways =D

Last edited by Nemesis; 04-18-2003 at 06:30 PM..
Closed Thread