Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum > Kingdoms Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-18-2002, 09:39 AM
Banned
_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
The Official "New kingdoms" thread?

Before I post this, I would like to stress I am neutral in this new kingdoms thing. I see it's good points, and it's bad points.

I thought of an idea that would give two different levels of role-playing within the kingdom. Instead of just having to deal with extranal enemies, why not have the ability to have some internal problems and manage those as well? Here is what I am getting at:

If you were to have new kingdoms, start with ONE ONLY. Yes, one kingdom, that is all. This kingdom will be huge in the world of Graal, as it will have many towns and cities all over the map. It would be quite an easy RP story to have this one massive kingdom. Just say after the reset (the big crash) that all the Graalians united to survive, or something along those lines.

This new one large kingdom would have, just as I said, many small city states (like Italy in the renaissance.) You could have maybe 8 or 10 on the map, and they would each be led by either a local Duke, Prince or Marshal of the military. There we go, now we have everyone flying under one banner in one kingdom through many small city states. Then you would have a central king, who theoretically has all the power in the world as long as he can control the leaders of these city states. During this time it gives a chance for these 8-10 city states and the king to make alliances, and build up their cities through levels and through citizens.

But, of course, it's human naure to become greedy, right? Right! Some city leaders will get impatient at the King and plot against him, sending them into exile. Maybe a civil war between east and west? Alliances to overthrow the king, or take over the local cities? Maybe, it's a possibility.

In conclusion, by having 8-10 smaller kingdoms on Graal, instead of having one major superpower taking everything over, and the end, the leaders of these city states and the king will have to try and make some diplomatic actions that will help them gain land and eventually beat their opponents. It would be like having 8-10 different karakaze troupes around (except with different characteristics and larger cities) which I think would own.

The end.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:41 AM
Zatoichi
TrueHeaT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Official "New kingdoms" thread?

Quote:
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Before I post this, I would like to stress I am neutral in this new kingdoms thing. I see it's good points, and it's bad points.

I thought of an idea that would give two different levels of role-playing within the kingdom. Instead of just having to deal with extranal enemies, why not have the ability to have some internal problems and manage those as well? Here is what I am getting at:

If you were to have new kingdoms, start with ONE ONLY. Yes, one kingdom, that is all. This kingdom will be huge in the world of Graal, as it will have many towns and cities all over the map. It would be quite an easy RP story to have this one massive kingdom. Just say after the reset (the big crash) that all the Graalians united to survive, or something along those lines.

This new one large kingdom would have, just as I said, many small city states (like Italy in the renaissance.) You could have maybe 8 or 10 on the map, and they would each be led by either a local Duke, Prince or Marshal of the military. There we go, now we have everyone flying under one banner in one kingdom through many small city states. Then you would have a central king, who theoretically has all the power in the world as long as he can control the leaders of these city states. During this time it gives a chance for these 8-10 city states and the king to make alliances, and build up their cities through levels and through citizens.

But, of course, it's human naure to become greedy, right? Right! Some city leaders will get impatient at the King and plot against him, sending them into exile. Maybe a civil war between east and west? Alliances to overthrow the king, or take over the local cities? Maybe, it's a possibility.

In conclusion, by having 8-10 smaller kingdoms on Graal, instead of having one major superpower taking everything over, and the end, the leaders of these city states and the king will have to try and make some diplomatic actions that will help them gain land and eventually beat their opponents. It would be like having 8-10 different karakaze troupes around (except with different characteristics and larger cities) which I think would own.

The end.
The idea of 10 Karakaze Troupes scares me, but the city state thing is very intruiging.

We'll all have to talk about it

If anyone has any of my tilesets and graphics, please PM me as I would really love to have them.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:42 AM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
I say start with four.

Water
Ice
Fire
Forest

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 07-18-2002, 09:43 AM
Banned
Re: Re: The Official "New kingdoms" thread?

Quote:
Originally posted by TrueHeaT

The idea of 10 Karakaze Troupes scares me, but the city state thing is very intruiging.

We'll all have to talk about it
I meant size wise, and different characteristics, so they wouldn't all be bandits and nomads. You'd have loyal states, some very dishonorable ones, etc.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:43 AM
Zatoichi
Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
I say start with four.

Water
Ice
Fire
Forest
PLEASE, not element based kingdoms.

If anyone has any of my tilesets and graphics, please PM me as I would really love to have them.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:44 AM
Zatoichi
Re: Re: Re: The Official "New kingdoms" thread?

Quote:
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_

I meant size wise, and different characteristics, so they wouldn't all be bandits and nomads. You'd have loyal states, some very dishonorable ones, etc.
Well then that is the ****ing best RP related idea I've heard in a long time
I'm very much for it. Some rich states, some poor states, and any number of other characteristics, controlling towns and stuff.

HUZZAH!

Old 07-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Cult of the Winky
Amagius is on a distinguished road
I like the idea, and also no element Kingdoms PLEASE.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:58 AM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
I like it but I don't.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:06 AM
Fly away on my zephyr
Lionel-Jonson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Lionel-Jonson Send a message via AIM to Lionel-Jonson Send a message via Yahoo to Lionel-Jonson
That would kick ass and take names!
Old 07-18-2002, 10:09 AM
Banned
magicbud3344 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to magicbud3344
oyea well Karakaze Troupe state 5 the Poorest most dishonorable bastards is run by me and woru >;]
Old 07-18-2002, 10:12 AM
Prepare to be monopolized
Ghost Pirate is on a distinguished road
That be interesting

I'd go along with it hehe

The only enemies at first are dragons and other monsters...sort of like sending a troop of great warriors to fight and kill a dragon that has been plaguing the countryside by burning farms down!

Out of one comes many.
Out of many becomes one.

Help fight the war on idiotism! Make your own War with IDIOTISM signature and spread the word.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:39 AM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
i dont like the one kingdom to start, its fun sometimes just RPin on your own, but on a server like 2k1, it gets BORING, start with at least 3 and maybe a new overworld (like the idea I had o.O)
Old 07-18-2002, 10:49 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
I don't know, that would spread kingdom member to few and far between for interesting mass-player RP events.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:49 AM
Prepare to be monopolized
Ghost Pirate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Googi
I don't know, that would spread kingdom member to few and far between for interesting mass-player RP events.
err what?

Help fight the war on idiotism! Make your own War with IDIOTISM signature and spread the word.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:50 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by Python523
i dont like the one kingdom to start, its fun sometimes just RPin on your own, but on a server like 2k1, it gets BORING, start with at least 3 and maybe a new overworld (like the idea I had o.O)
You need one kingdom at the start for two reasons
1) It's easier to make an RP story when everyone is unified
2) By having everyone under one rule, the relations between every single city state would be neutral. There can be no grudges held from way back when and no complaints. This unification time also gives a chance for people to choose city states they like, build up their cities (make levels for them) and train their army, other neat little things.

Plus, Ghosties idea is good too, fighting the baddies.