Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-24-2002, 05:45 PM
Banned
someone99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to someone99
Level Makers and RC.

Excuse me, but WHO IN BLOODY HELL came up with the brilliant idea to give level makers RC? I heard Madmartigan has an RC too. WHAT WOULD A LEVEL MAKER NEED WITH RC? Geez, thats like giving Police or FAQ RC. Its not needed at all.

Too many power hungry people these days
Old 04-24-2002, 05:53 PM
Squeaker of Soles
Spanko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Spanko Send a message via AIM to Spanko Send a message via Yahoo to Spanko
RC != Insane powers.

People with RC can have insane powers, but they don't specifically have to have them. Plus I think it's standard fare that all people with staff accounts automattically have RC.

MSN: [email protected]
AIM: Squeax0r
Squeaker seems unable to access the forum using this account.. tis a sad day.
Now with occasional Asuka flavour! Ooops a bit too much...
Asuka should be king of Dustari!

"Y'know, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't even help."
Old 04-24-2002, 06:22 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
They get it for uploading files, but should not stay on RC all the time
Old 04-24-2002, 06:31 PM
am yum
Birdbird_0 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Birdbird_0
the level makers can read the ftp files, and only upload in the upload folders as not to cause confusion and having stupid things that are not debuged uploaded.

None of the level makers have more than warpto, update, disconect, comments, view attributes, and admin message.

They can't do any damage besides adding "you smell bad" to your comments.

And most of the time they are just on to answer questions or be on rc whial they are making levels, none of them have insane power. I make sure that no one on rc will abuse what ever they have, and the rights they do have, have validation for having them. My guideline for giving rights is, is it neccacary or not.

Why, has one of the lats done something bad to you that I need to know of?
Old 04-24-2002, 06:36 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdbird_0

None of the level makers have more than warpto, update, disconect, comments, view attributes, and admin message.
Thats still ALOT for one level maker. All they really need is update level.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:05 PM
where da wmdz at
Neonight is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Neonight
All of Providence's level makers have RC.
There's a temp folder that allows them to upload levels they made into it, then somebody higher (Admin, Owner, etc.) can upload them into levels. It takes a bit longer, but it's worth it.

Sage's RC had that and Carl was going to TRY to delete the levels, but Sage had r levels/*.* and rw temp/*.*
Old 04-24-2002, 07:06 PM
where da wmdz at
Neonight is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Neonight
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdbird_0
Why do they need disconnect? To disconnect (npcserver)? Not too smart of a choice if a level maker goes beserk...

Warpto is kinda iffy on Graal2001.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:13 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
and why would they need admin message? to send bunches of pointless crap to annoy us all? Adminmessages are for IMPORTIANT things, not "PM me if you want help"...
Besdies, you said it yourself, they only got RC to upload things and to save confusion.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:59 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
RC is needed for when we're trying to communicate with graphic makers scriptesr sfx etc... it lags reallyb ad having two graals open when you're trying to talk to them. We dont have disconnect I think Birdbird ment reset and thats only becuase lots of people ask to be reset. As for Admin message if we did that we'd get fired. Contrary to popular belief most people arn't stupid enough to send admin messages and get fired. Also as Stefan said with out RC we wouldnt have FTP and then we couldnt add or update levels. Or in my case since my entire computer was erased I've been getting small scripts I need like hide img so I can show only part of an image and some lighting effects that I lost but are in my old levels etc... I could see the warpto being iffy but like I said if we abuse it we lose it.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 04-24-2002, 10:59 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Level Makers shouldn't have disconnect. Some dumb level maker who wants to screw up graal before he quits could disconnect the NPCServer.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:07 PM
Have A Drink On Me
AlexH is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AlexH Send a message via MSN to AlexH
Not many people use the admin message.
You would think someone used it all the time.
It's used very rarely and when it is it is for Important things.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:17 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by draygin
RC is needed for when we're trying to communicate with graphic makers scriptesr sfx etc... it lags reallyb ad having two graals open when you're trying to talk to them. We dont have disconnect I think Birdbird ment reset and thats only becuase lots of people ask to be reset. As for Admin message if we did that we'd get fired. Contrary to popular belief most people arn't stupid enough to send admin messages and get fired. Also as Stefan said with out RC we wouldnt have FTP and then we couldnt add or update levels. Or in my case since my entire computer was erased I've been getting small scripts I need like hide img so I can show only part of an image and some lighting effects that I lost but are in my old levels etc... I could see the warpto being iffy but like I said if we abuse it we lose it.
1) MAKE LESS TYPOS AND LEARN HOW TO USE COMMAS PLEASE.

2) RC IS NOT NEEDED FOR TALKING TO PEOPLE. Oh boo hoo hoo, two graals is too much for you? Cry me a river and get over it.

3)
You have the ability to reset? Thats even worse. I dont care if you get asked to be reset, you arent an admin, and there is a job for that. Your job DOES NOT need reset.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:28 PM
HONEY IM HOME!
NeoNPL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to NeoNPL
Yes, five them reset, one of them is getting fired, he gets angry, he resets peoples accounts.

All Level makers need is Update level, warpto , upload .
Old 04-24-2002, 11:35 PM
Telmont Bandit
Quote:
Originally posted by someone99

1) MAKE LESS TYPOS AND LEARN HOW TO USE COMMAS PLEASE.

2) RC IS NOT NEEDED FOR TALKING TO PEOPLE. Oh boo hoo hoo, two graals is too much for you? Cry me a river and get over it.

3)
You have the ability to reset? Thats even worse. I dont care if you get asked to be reset, you arent an admin, and there is a job for that. Your job DOES NOT need reset.
the insult of some ones spelling is the work of a ***** who cant think of anything else to ***** about.

RC is needed to communicate better between staff members if you had half a brain youd know this.

If you had ever tried makign a level while being logged into the graal server you'd know its barely possible because when you move the scroll bars it jumps across from lag as well as the tiles not going where you direct them.

Yes Reset isnt needed for LAT's I never asked for it. But one might also ask why must a person wait for a reset when they need one and there are people capable of doing it? Has there been reports of people resetting others out of spite on g2k1? Have you seen any ART on g2k1 in the past couple of weeks?

Is your intelligence high enough for you to make a post with out resulting to insults because you're not competent enough to make a valid point?

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 04-24-2002, 11:36 PM
Telmont Bandit
Thats why you take RC away before then informed them they're fired

I stole Spanky's gold!