Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-31-2001, 09:42 AM
JustCarramaena is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JustCarramaena
The Encylcopedia of Lamers

Heh, Duthight wanted me to post his "Encyclopedia of Lamers" It's very amusing and I hope you all get a kick out of it It's somewhat out dated though
Here goes:

Avid users of GraalOnline’s server will be familiar with the fact that lamers are everywhere. The very purpose of their existence is to make our gaming lives miserable. Whether its because of their sheer ignorance, their gargantuan egos, their compulsive swearing, their lag, or their uncanny ability to "pause" just when they have one heart and you’re about to finish them off, they wind up ruining the experience for you nonetheless. Because their numbers are so frequent, and because of the fact that they have infested virtually every nook and cranny of graalonline, there is nothing we can do to get rid of these lamers. The least we CAN do, however, is to pass on our knowledge of their ignorance to other players, so they can know what to expect when they log onto graal servers. So, without further ado, I proudly present:

The Encyclopedia of Lamers, Vol. 1

Lamers, as the general term goes, can be broken down into several distinct breeds. Herein I have enclosed a list and description of all the different types of lamers. Read and learn about the perils of our time, for the tides of ignorance are sweeping over us.

I: The Pauser

The pauser is probably one of the most abundant of all the different breeds of lamer. Unlike all of the other breeds, s/he can be divided into two distint groups. Be on the lookout for both of them.

A) The blatant pauser: "F*ck U! I dont wanna f*cking lose, u *ss, so Im gonna f*cking pause up yer d*ck! then Im gonna scr*w yer mom, f*cker!" This breed is much rarer than Breed B because they often get their accounts deleted nearly every day. They are easily avoidable, however, It is breed B, however, that poses the real threat:

B) The secretive disconnector: The Breed B Disconnector is slightly more intelligent that Breed A, and his IQ can at least be COMPARED to a vegetable. A conversation with a Breed B Pauser just as youre trashing him up may go something like this "Wow! Great Spar! You rock man! You beat me fairly and squarely, and I have nothing but respect for you! Thx for a Spar! You earned your win! Oh just a sec" Pause….30…29………3…2…1…”unstick me”. The reason it is so hard to catch a member of Breed B and prove them a lamer is mainly because of the fact that they will never openly admit to be a pauser. An interrogation of an accused pauser by a neutral player may result in the pauser saying something like this: "I often get urgent PMs. All throughout the spar, I get all these messages that I need to reply to. It just so happens that I got an important message that needed replying, or one of my friends needing help in the 'heated moment' of the battle. I searched for him for 10 minutes after I finished to give him a win, but he had logged off, or somethin. Othertimes I have such bad lag, I have to stop or it just wouldn’t be fair for me to die" The statement made by the one who got paused on, however, may be slightly contradictory: "He didn’t stop once to “answer a PM” and he was moving faster than I was. He wasn’t laagged at all!” He logged off graal right after the spar to avoid a confrontation with me." Unfortunately, it is often the one who got paused and/or disconnected on who tells the true side of the tale.

In order to relieve the frustration of being paused and disconnected on, one must first realize what a large percentage of a pauser’s life revolves around Graal. Here is a detailed account of a phone conversation a Pauser had with his girlfriend. This should give you an idea of how much he just hates losing in Graal:

G/F: Hey, big guy! Its so cold in here, and I cant find my clothes!
How about coming over here and keeping me warm?

Breed B Disconnector: "F*CK! B*TCH! THIS *SSHOLE HAS GOT A F*CKING LIZARD SWORD DOIN 1.5 DAMAGE EACH TIME HE F*CKING SWINGS! HAVE YOU ANY FRIGGIN CLUE HOW MUCH F*CKING DAMAGE THAT DOES!? IM GONNA LOSE THIS SH*T B*TCH OF A SPAR!!!!! AND ABOVE ALL THIS, YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL AND SUGGEST SEX!! F*CK OFF!!!

II: The Cheater

Although the latest versiion of graal drought has caused this breed of lamer to become closer to an endangered species status, there is a possiblity of its return. So, as a precautionary measure (and for posterity) I will post some background information on this rare breed of lamer:

A close examination of the life of a cheater will reveal that he is trying to pass fourth grade for the ninth time. The children in his class shun his sickly, hunched, gargantuan, and profusedly sweaty form. The girls dont take to him either mainly because of the fact that his index finger has been stuck in his nose for the last month. His parents view him as a dissapointment. Thus, fate inevitably leads him to the internet, and then to graal, something he found when lloking up zelda stuff, where he hopes to become appreciated by becoming the number 1 sparrer.

A few spars reveal he cant fight ****, and thus he goes to the internet and downloads a hack so he can get somewhere. That is all that is known about the sadistic ways of the cheater.

III: The Newbie

There are many newbies that are accepted on graal. Those with stats like 5 hearts that are halfway through the CC quest are viewed as thriving young learners of the ways of graal. There are the isolated, *****ic few that d/l the game, install it, make an account, and log onto graalonline without learning anything first. They will cause you to lose all patience by harrasing you with idiotic questions like "how do I change my head!!!" and "what are those little yin-yangs for!?" and "I cant hurt that guy who’s paused!!" and "whats lag?" They will drive you insane. You will never log onto graal again in fear of having to answer any more of their questions.

IV: The AOLer

The AOLer breed of lamer has the infamous ability to virtually halt the graal server, or simply reduce it to a snail's pace even if s/he has a "good" connection. In a spar, he just rushes and enthusiastically starts swinging his sword at his opponent. However, by the time his swings have reached the server, he has been killed, or perhaps too lagged that his opponent had to move on! His messages take about 7 minutes to be received after they have been typed. He causes everyone to leave the server, They would rather log off than have to face his lag. He is more interested in chatting rather than playing, and his mass messages alone make the server even SLOWER!!! He often magically receives 340 EMails out of nowhere, and says "oh joy! Ive got mail!"

It is not very easy to identify an AOLer until after the spar has started. Sure, the fact that he starts spearring and shouts "you lag more than anything Ive ever seen! Get abetter ISP! Heeheheeee heeee wanna chat?" is a dead givaway, but its unfortunate that this message is not received until 10 minutes into the spar. The safest thing to do is simply stay away from anyone who magically appears in place after place across the screen, without moving fluently, no questions asked.

V: The Foulmouthed Punk

This rather rude breed attempts to compensate for his lack of strategic play by showing off his massive command of foul language. The moment he starts a fight, he says "hi, u *** *** *ss!"
When the fight starts to heat up, he goes tells his unfortunate clan member "help me, b*tch!" then "why the f*ck do u have to turn out so f*cking far, *** b*tch." He is losing, and U save him from almost certain death. "Not bad, fer a *** b*tch. But U couldve gotten yer f*cked *ss over here faster, mother f*cker!" You soon decide not to help him anymore. He keeps sparring. "what the f*ck is this *** sh*t! Yer a *** f*cker!!!! F*ck U!""***!!!!" He then pauses and goes to the unstick me zone, thouroughly proud of himself, and of the fact that he can vehemently express his intimate feelings. The others, meanwhile, are talking about how much of an idiot he made himself look like with his conglomeration of foul drivel.

continued.....

From too much love of living
to hopes and dreams set free
We thank with brief Thanksgiving
whatever gods may be
That no life lives forever
That dead men rise up never
That even the weariest river
Winds somewhere safe to sea
Old 12-31-2001, 09:43 AM
Here's the second part

VI: The Crybaby

Probably the most monotonously predictable of all the breeds of lamers, this breed is the one that absolutely, positively, cannot come to grasps with the fact that he sucks and just got his ass
kicked. Every time he gets beaten, he will whine about how much his opponent(s) cheated, and how much he hates cheaters, and how his opponent had better (or no) lag so he doesnt get killed or he will start sending mass pms and ***** about how his opposition cheated. For him, the possibility that he isnt as good as the person who just whipped him is too minute to even CONSIDER!!!! He will often pause, or disconnect, putting him in two breed categories, and then go to the forums and whine about how he was cheated on. The sad part is, that many lamers on the forum actually BELIEVE HIM, even though he cannot come up with one iota of evidence. This is the type of lamer thats the best at bullshitting (especially to himself.) He stays awake for nights on end trying to convince himself that the opposition cheated. He is a compulsive fool. In my opinion, the worst of all the lamers. Beware of him.

VII: The GP

Definetly the most discouraging and depressing of all breeds of lamers out there. Now excluding a select few GPs, most of this breed tend to waste your time on graal. Many people ask them questions, and even if they are good, questions- ones that deservve an answer, the GP might completely ignore you. On the rare occasion that they do reply, it is often to say “I’m to busy to help you. There are too many others who need my help” and “I cant help you”, when the question may simply be “could you please reset level overworld13.graal?” I have often found in my research that one GP might say that they cannot help you and when you go to ask another (like 1 of the 3 listed above) they can be quite helpful. Most GP’s assistance depends on their mood that very day. Should one just have broken up with his girlfriend he might very well ban you from graal for little or no reason. Should they be in a good mood, you might very well find that while you have been on graal for 3 years that a newbiue who has been on graal only 2 days is made a GP all because he or she said “Wow, a GP. I wish I could be one!” Those who wish to become a GP often must be a good friend with one of this breed. Most of this breed is quite corrupt, and you would do well to take caution in which GP’s you deal with.

Well, that concludes volume one of "The Encyclopedia of Lamers." Stay tuned for volume two including the Pker, and perhaps a few other rare or exotic breeds of lamers. I hope none of you took offense of this, and I hope you all take it light-heartedly. Lemme know what you think.

Regards,
Duthight – Co-Owner of Rudora
[email protected]

I havent slept for over 24 hours. Im veeery tired, and theres bound to be
a HELLUVA lot of spelling and grammar errors in this post, so please
dont critisize. Im too sleepy to even bother to proofread it. Good
night.

whatever gods may be
Old 12-31-2001, 09:50 AM
Dah?
cshank4 is an unknown quantity at this point
for some reason that is so

RIGHT
Old 12-31-2001, 09:51 AM
Gemini Man!
Kasuagi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Kasuagi Send a message via AIM to Kasuagi Send a message via Yahoo to Kasuagi
hahaha, that is great

Muroshi - Lead Developer for Agaroth

Quote:
Originally posted by Waltz5
Um. Yeah, welcome to the Forums. Most likely you'll get made fun of, your work criticized, and yelled at. Yes the forums are fun!
Old 12-31-2001, 09:51 AM
Legendary Red Fish
Hulk Hogan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Hulk Hogan Send a message via AIM to Hulk Hogan
VIII : The Admin

Me.

The infamous red fish is back.

-aim- |
Andrew5656
-email- | [email protected]
-quote- | "You dont need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."
"Its funny. The end of time has just begun."-Bob Dylan
Old 12-31-2001, 09:52 AM
Kagero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kagero
Quote:
Originally posted by Kasuagi
hahaha, that is great
Kasuagi is pretty much a hybrid of all of those
Old 12-31-2001, 09:52 AM
Account Expired
psihunter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to psihunter
Forgot the ebil ego demons =X
Old 12-31-2001, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kagero

Kasuagi is pretty much a hybrid of all of those
Yes! So True! Wub! I love you though, Jago

whatever gods may be
Old 12-31-2001, 09:54 AM
Banned
Ziro- is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ziro- Send a message via Yahoo to Ziro-
oh gawd.....nice post......some things i dont agree with....but in all,very nice and well said......
Old 12-31-2001, 09:55 AM
Dah?
on bad days i find myself to be a foulmouth
Old 12-31-2001, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hulk Hogan
VIII : The Admin

Me.

Where do you live in western pennsylvania? All the pennsylvanians should ban together and take over graal There is alot of us.

whatever gods may be
Old 12-31-2001, 09:58 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
AlkarenHyralt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AlkarenHyralt
You realize that police and gps are both VERY busy people don't you? Didn't think so.

Forgotten through the passage of Graal time.
Old 12-31-2001, 09:59 AM
Account Expired
psihunter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to psihunter
Quote:
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt
You realize that police and gps are both VERY busy people don't you? Didn't think so.
Think the GP that was in mind is the one that runs around with peg boots...lvl64 sword and throwing police nets all over the place
Old 12-31-2001, 09:59 AM
Gemini Man!
Kasuagi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Kasuagi Send a message via AIM to Kasuagi Send a message via Yahoo to Kasuagi
lessthanthree for carra + drakken =X

Muroshi - Lead Developer for Agaroth

Quote:
Originally posted by Waltz5
Um. Yeah, welcome to the Forums. Most likely you'll get made fun of, your work criticized, and yelled at. Yes the forums are fun!
Old 12-31-2001, 10:00 AM
Dah?
i went to pennsilvaniya and down in the lobby of the hotel was a kid playing g2k1 i asked him where he lived all he did was say to the west bye the border